+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Loading Charges while Jumping?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Otakuoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default Loading Charges while Jumping?

    On the 2nd fight of GP I've found that my character stops loading charges during the jump phase and I can't figure out why. My macros are like so:

    #show Shrapnel Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    startattack
    cast Shrapnel Charge

    Am I doing it wrong? It seems my feet have to be planted to throw my charge and it hurts mah deeps!

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Uhm, try not using startattack? Throwing charges works fine in mid-air. Unless the boss is preventing it somehow and me missing that.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I don't use a macro for my charges and I don't have any issues with that boss.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Uhm... why do you have that in a macro?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    On the 2nd fight of GP I've found that my character stops loading charges during the jump phase and I can't figure out why. My macros are like so:

    #show Shrapnel Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    startattack
    cast Shrapnel Charge

    Am I doing it wrong? It seems my feet have to be planted to throw my charge and it hurts mah deeps!
    Change your macro to

    #show Shrapnel Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sharpnel Charge
    startattack

    What's probably happening is your character is trying to attack it fails end macro.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Otakuoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I was told you needed it. If I dont, cool, I'll take it out.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    I was told you needed it. If I dont, cool, I'll take it out.
    Currently there is a glitch that stops you from auto attacking when placing charges. This is why people put startattack in there macros.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Otakuoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    Currently there is a glitch that stops you from auto attacking when placing charges. This is why people put startattack in there macros.
    So what's the solution?

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    So what's the solution?
    You put it at the end and spam really quickly so the next cast charge doesn't overwrite the startattack. But it is actually needed in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-12-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    dont use macro for sabdancer, its worthless really... its like a 5 button spec, and you can click weapon barrage if you need to

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    I was told you needed it. If I dont, cool, I'll take it out.
    You do need it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts