+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something Other than Battlebard for 32pt

Soulwalker

Default Something Other than Battlebard for 32pt

Ok so I've been using a spec that I rarely see other rogues/bards use. So I'd figure I would make a write up for it and what it's good points are over the Battlebard spec.

Ranger/Bard

Now some points can be changed around via preference, but for groups (when you want to use a 32pt bard build for support) this gets the job done very well.

Use headshot as your finisher at least every 60s for the 5% buff (which it and the pets buff from crits add to cadence and CoR for 20%). Other then that use bard heals when you need and keep your prefered motifs up (i usually just keep up motif of regeneration, focus, and bravery up for trash). If you aren't doing much healing make sure and use Shadow Fire before doing a lot of ranger attacks as it makes all your ranger attacks hit much harder.

1) The spec is all ranged as well as being mobile for dmg abilities (obviously not for cadence)
    2) You get 20% bonus to cadence and CoR which is noticable
    3) You get a pet, which means that if you have to spam heal for some reason (only cadence/CoR) you still have dmg going out on the boss or mobs.
    4) Since you have the Greater Razorbeast, soloing with this spec is beyond easy (although not the fastest)
    5) An empty third soul lets you change out what abilities you want, I have BD for the side steps normally, but you can get breakfree for a second ability to use for breaking stuffs, or the warp from riftstalker

So that's my bard spec that I primarily use in instances and for soloing rifts, tell me what you think =D

Quote Originally Posted by Blakk View Post
    Ok so I've been using a spec that I rarely see other rogues/bards use. So I'd figure I would make a write up for it and what it's good points are over the Battlebard spec.

Ranger/Bard

Now some points can be changed around via preference, but for groups (when you want to use a 32pt bard build for support) this gets the job done very well.

Use headshot as your finisher at least every 60s for the 5% buff (which it and the pets buff from crits add to cadence and CoR for 20%). Other then that use bard heals when you need and keep your prefered motifs up (i usually just keep up motif of regeneration, focus, and bravery up for trash). If you aren't doing much healing make sure and use Shadow Fire before doing a lot of ranger attacks as it makes all your ranger attacks hit much harder.

1) The spec is all ranged as well as being mobile for dmg abilities (obviously not for cadence)
    2) You get 20% bonus to cadence and CoR which is noticable
    3) You get a pet, which means that if you have to spam heal for some reason (only cadence/CoR) you still have dmg going out on the boss or mobs.
    4) Since you have the Greater Razorbeast, soloing with this spec is beyond easy (although not the fastest)
    5) An empty third soul lets you change out what abilities you want, I have BD for the side steps normally, but you can get breakfree for a second ability to use for breaking stuffs, or the warp from riftstalker

So that's my bard spec that I primarily use in instances and for soloing rifts, tell me what you think =D
    I used a similar build leveling from 1-50, a Bard's life is a hard life.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

+ Reply to Thread