+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Efaicia

Thread: Bards and gear scaling?

Telaran

Default Bards and gear scaling?

So I main bard, but also have a sabo and MM spec. I recently made the chest piece and shoulders for the Deathbringer set. This was a pretty large jump gear wise from my existing shoulders/chest. My Sabo and MM improved dramatically. Going from 2500 crits in MM on deadeye shot to just over 3000 crits. Not regularly mind you, but topping out. My sabo also consistently does more damage. Meanwhile, with bard, My cadence MAYBE moved up 1-2 points of damage per tick tops. My coda of restoration only heals for 797-1197. This is pretty much what it was before these two pieces of gear upgrade. So, tell me, what reason is there for a bard to get new equipment when it seems their abilities don't even scale at all hardly with a dramatic upgrade?

Bard has been recently fixed and it now scales with AP. You are too late with the complaint
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Telaran

Actually I'm not. The gear in question had increased AP. I'm talking like 50-60 more points worth. Yet, no real noticeable difference for cadence or coda of restoration. Try again please.
    Last edited by Empyron; 08-12-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Prophet of Telara

My CoR seems to heal for 700-1200(crit) in my current gear. Generally top heals in WF's that I decide to play bard (because of all the lamer clerics going cabby). This is a whole lot more than it used to heal, so I'm not going to complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Bard has been recently fixed and it now scales with AP. You are too late with the complaint
    The thing that changed with that "fix" is that CoR now scales with AP based on your CP when you cast it. Making CoR stronger with 5 CP. Nothing else. It gave us a reason to stack AP, but did not fix the scaling as a whole. VoV still heals for the same amount even tho since that patch I have stacked about 120 or so more AP onto my gear. As far as finding the gear that will best increase your cadence, look at your main hand weapon, or ranged. Upgrading my bow from a 36ish? i think it was to the 42.. something from alsbeth was a 10 point increase to cadence per tic

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    So, tell me, what reason is there for a bard to get new equipment when it seems their abilities don't even scale at all hardly with a dramatic upgrade?
    Last night at Pluto in RoS, I had my first ever 1500pt CoResto. Before the recent change to CoResto, 1100 or so was the highest I had been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
    Last night at Pluto in RoS, I had my first ever 1500pt CoResto. Before the recent change to CoResto, 1100 or so was the highest I had been able to do.
    Yeah, CoR is hitting for gobs with 5 CP up...1400-1500 (up from 11-1200) isn't uncommon now. Now if the rest of bards abilities would scale with our gear we would get somewhere.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    Yeah, CoR is hitting for gobs with 5 CP up...1400-1500 (up from 11-1200) isn't uncommon now. Now if the rest of bards abilities would scale with our gear we would get somewhere.
    Would rather our actual support skills scale.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Plane Touched

As I said before, the AP buff to Coda of Restoration won't change a thing. The buff is minimal.
    At the same time, Doctorine of Loyalty got smart targeting, so our effective heal would be even lower.

As for gear importance, I am raiding HK with the expert DSM chestpiece. Nuff said.
    Last edited by Vin Petrol; 08-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Maximation guild US / EST / PvP Deepstrike
    www.maximation.us

Sponsored by Enjin.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Petrol View Post
    As I said before, the AP buff to Coda of Restoration won't change a thing. The buff is minimal.
    At the same time, Doctorine of Loyalty got smart targeting, so our effective heal would be even lower.

As for gear importance, I am raiding HK with the expert DSM chestpiece. Nuff said.
    It's actually a nerf because HT and FDOT proc a lot less. SHoE procs more, but both essences got a fairly big nerf. Proactive > Reactive.

DoL is stupid silly, it's not even funny.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Telaran

Can someone tell me how bards are topping WF with healing? I came in around 5th personally with about 54k healing (Whitefall) when there were people upwards of 100k plus healing. I know from my side a full warden spec and a chloro beat me out. I don't think I was doing anything wrong. What sort of spec do people run in WF as bard to top out healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    Can someone tell me how bards are topping WF with healing? I came in around 5th personally with about 54k healing (Whitefall) when there were people upwards of 100k plus healing. I know from my side a full warden spec and a chloro beat me out. I don't think I was doing anything wrong. What sort of spec do people run in WF as bard to top out healing?

There is a way to "cheat" the healing meters very easy as Bard...

I can rack up over 15k healing before the match even starts if I want. also, if I find a nice tank warrior to stand close enough, ill pop Virtuoso and spam Coda of Restoration... racking up a TON of healing. The fact is, the bards can top meters... but aren't worth a lick if the enemy is focusing down people.

Edit: Forgot to mention - Don't use meters to gauge a class.... it really isn't that usefull. Kinda like how as MM I can stand in the back and plink away at people, without really doing much to a person unless they are getting focused by multiple people (or in terrible PvP gear, but really, who balances around that?)
    Last edited by Conundrum; 08-15-2011 at 06:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread