http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VVMbE00koRz.m

this is the strategy:
    1.use disables to make up for sab's charge up time
    -incapacitate
    -paralyzing strike
    -foul play
    -blinding powder

2.no bleeds - dmg removes blinding powder

3.stealth for single target/small groups => incapacitate/paralyzing strike + charges + detonate, after that blinding powder + charges + detonate etc.. add aoe slow and/or land mines (they dont detonate if u place them while u are near the opponent)

4.ranged in group pvp => shrapnel charge,anihilation bomb, carpet bombing, aoe slow.

anyone tried this ? or any other similar build ?
    i need a good rotation, haven't got to that part yet !

discuss & suggest ideas please !

Prophet of Telara

I haven't tried that exact build, but I haven't found a Sab build that I could get to work well in PvP to be completely honest. Setup takes forever and people always get healed up, on top of it really not hitting *that* hard in PvP for how long it takes to set up. Easy to top damage in things like Scion if the enemy is grouping up (shrapnel), but for the most part you are just doing insignificant damage over and over hoping to catch someone low on life during your detonates.

Get caught in a 1v1? Good luck, I've never had a Sabo kill me unless they add and catch me low on life. I really do think that Rogues need a better/tweaked AoE build for PvP, ours just don't seem to perform. Maybe if Ranger's concussion blast wasn't on a 30 sec timer...
    Last edited by Calo; 08-12-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Default The PvP ALL Around Sab...a.k.a MoJo's Nightmare

So I came across this thread and figured I might give some input on a wonderful Sab spec to play without having to worry about getting in Melee Range to get the DD buffs from Deadly Strike..It does fairly well for me and it takes a little bit of time getting use to, but I swear by it..I'm reluctant to post and even if someone has came up with it prior to me It will forever be known to me as MoJo's Nightmare spec for PvP...

Here is the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bEz0k0o.xx0M0c

1...There are 2 points you can change in the Sab tree, but i like the extra Time bomb and Annihalation...I have used those 2 pts and put them in the 6 more seconds on Spike charge, but I dont use spike charge, nor blast charge much
    2...There are also 2 points that some might called wasted in the silent footsteps but if I'm stealthed and I see someone heading straight for my healers I get over there faster in stealth so I can use Paralyzing and then drop adhesive bomb on there *** so the healer can get some distance...( Yes I do watch my healers) Also you can pick up something else in the sin tree instead of backstab because backstab can be very situational since u have to be behind the target

So here are the 2 macros I use:

1)
    #show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike

2)
    #show Shrapnel Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Shrapnel Charge

^^reason I have Puncture in the shrap macro is if they run in to close u can hit them with that and get the bleed off. You can also make this same macro, but for spike charge, but to me its useless because I can damn near drop a r5/6 cleric down to 20% from loading up 5 shrap charges..and de

Yes this might seem to be just a AoE Bridge Farming/New whitefall farming, but I've taken down some hefty awesome builds out there solo. Im usually number one or two on damage and usually top KB's...I know its not the usually stalk and prey top..but u have your 1v1 options as well...so on to how to blow the house down on these clerics/warrior/other rogues and mages...well I can have a little trouble sometimes with a 9k mages.( nerf the clothie with 9k hp plesase)

So for doing the business with 1 v 1...First you stealth in and hit em with Paralyzing and try to be behind them...Then you hit your first macro to run the course with backstab, puncture...if u wasnt behind the target to hit with backstab..no worries..u still have savage strike to hit them with to get the 5 cpts..still with me? Now hit him with your final blow either on the chase or if he is still stunned. Pop anathema on his ***, but if there is no healer around no need to waste, and start chucking shrapnel charges at him..I've melted plenty of people from full hp to zip with the 5 shrap charges and these are r6 geared players...

Now if you dont have the opportunity to get into stealth since there is no slip away..just do it opposite..run at the enemy and load em up with 5 shrap..and det...run your melee course...final blow..then should be dead...but if not..toss some more shrap charges as there running away..

For just wanting to plane out AoE bridge farm in scion or anywhere...Shrap x5 detonate...thats it..it hits very hard for me..I just find the closest healer and terrorize the tar out of them

Also has some good utility for saving a cap/fang/ new whitefall..throw ur chemical bomb on ground so the shard is in middle of it...Also can get away by tossing the adhesive bomb below your feet as someone is chasing you..Having fun..

It seems to be an easy spec, but it can get complicated...

Good luck and enjoy..I really hope you try this out..
    Last edited by Spungey; 08-12-2011 at 08:16 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Sabo is only useful in AOE facerolls like WF escalation or scion bridge zergs.

I just have a question: are the charges themselves dispellable while you're charging or only the bleeds after the explosion?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Saboteur build without Choking Gas Bomb (38 points) is useless.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Saboteur build without Choking Gas Bomb (38 points) is useless.
    Massive overstatement, but Choking Gas bomb is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Massive overstatement, but Choking Gas bomb is pretty awesome.
    Not really.
    The only spec that would not use 38 points into saboteur is Sabodancer which gets crushed by any decent premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    I just have a question: are the charges themselves dispellable while you're charging or only the bleeds after the explosion?
    every single charge is a poison and can be cleansed... a normal cleanse from a cleric/chloro remove one single charge... usually a few cleric cleanse charge... but if u find a good warden u will probably see him set his over time cleanse (3 cleanse over 6 second) on sabo's target
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    every single charge is a poison and can be cleansed... a normal cleanse from a cleric/chloro remove one single charge... usually a few cleric cleanse charge... but if u find a good warden u will probably see him set his over time cleanse (3 cleanse over 6 second) on sabo's target
    I laugh at sab's when they load up 5 charges only to see that i cleansed soul...
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Default meh..

sab isnt just for aoe farming, mehhh.. so excuse the guy with the plan that thinks he knows everything because he has a website.. The spec I linked works wonders in Black Garden and in Codex as well..So to the OP...the build I linked..just give it a try and see how it works for you...ANd to clarify..im not one that goes into WF's wanting top damage...but it happens alot..yes because of Shrap, but what WF doesnt have numerous people bunched up..Anyways, All i was doing was trying to come on here to give input on the sab in PvP...I've tried all the other builds for pvp and this one by far has given me more pleasure....Just wait till you see 5 ticks of shrap tick for 700-1k each with detonate in there its a wrap...you have your melee with that first macro I linked which doesnt do as much as other melee pvp builds, but u really dont need it..

Skills I use....Shrapnel Charge, Detonate, Backstab, Puncture, Savage Strike, Adhesive Bomb, Chemical Bomb, Annihlation Bomb, Time Bomb (Stealth: Paralyzing), Foul Play, Anathem, Break Free, Cleanse Soul

Dont knock it til you try...if you dont like it...there are a few others

+ Reply to Thread