+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question for all you BIS HK meter toppers

Default Question for all you BIS HK meter toppers

Are you guys having more success with Hoko's spec than sabdancer?

Recent Murdantix "Fix" makes so many tars on the floor that i must avoid for sab, while hoko spec just charges in and starts dpsing, which i like, but our guild is going to work in sicaron and want to know if i should get used to playing Hoko or can I have similar results with sabdance

So do you guys mind giving me parses per spec?

Thanks, (Please state ap/crit/hit)
    FatCat

we are parsing higher with sab at murda. if i go full out im on par with sabs using ros/gsb relics, me HK weapon mainhand.
    maybe others can confirm that.

General of Telara

I've parsed very well w/ Sabdancer on Murd. Full T3, GSB Relic, Blade of Greater Purpose, non-BiS rings, full AP sigil parsed me @ 2080 (used a tablet). Couldn't come close using melee ranger. This was when tars were disabled. On the first kill when tars were far worse I was at 1980-2010 DPS. Accounting that for just less auto-attak sub 25% since it was almost never stationary. Knock-back doesn't really affect the rotation/DPS of Sabdancer too much.

I think people only use Sabdancer on Soulrender if you're in the midde.

I can't give you exact crit/AP values because I'm at work... but I can assure you that I don't have 1000 crit rating unbuffed >_> I think I'm @ like 900

best ive parsed was 1905 without tar, but with mass tar and avoiding all between me and tanks, my dps went down pretty hard

no relic dag
    FatCat

Rift Chaser

By the same token, is 27/21/18 blade dancer hybrid doing okay in Hammerknell?

Since 1.4 I've been parsing higher ST with sabdancer than I have with melee ranger.
    Swirl @ Shatterbone <Fracture> http://fracture-rift.guildlaunch.com/
    HK: 10/11 | R7
    "Three be the things I shall never attain: envy, content, and sufficient champagne"

sabdancer bugs for me, some days im at 2k others im at 1850, hoko spec is always solid for me, i stack the crap out of AP and sit around 900 something crit so that could be why, also i notice weeping edge dropping a lot with sabdancer and not at all as hoko spec, that is about 25 dps decrease on the parses. i miss my 2200 parses tho, stupid whestone nerf was HUGE! my pet only lost about 40 dps from the spotters order nerf so that isnt that bad at all.

also for that big robot prime boss, im parsing way higher as hoko spec, i have no idea why, ive parsed as low as 1400 as sabdancer and always 2k+ as hoko spec, noticing all other sabdancers parsing low here as well, dunno if it's ACT messing up or some other mechanic but something is really buggy about that fight!

sabdancer wins on zilas tho, 2400+ on that fight, also great for matron if you put on your tank gear, can get up to 2800dps on that fight even in tank gear.

wtb new single target spec tho, starting to really hate sabdancer... maybe that hoko guy will make a new sp... wait.. that's me! crap...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

As much as I hate it...I find Sabdancer does the best as well. I typically will get 150 higher DPS on Sabdancer than I will on Hoko's spec. I find it mildly ******ed but that's how it is lol.
    Last edited by Sozu; 08-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    As much as I hate it...I find Sabdancer does the best as well. I typically will get 150 higher DPS on Sabdancer than I will on Hoko's spec. I find it mildly ******ed but that's how it is lol.
    i cant stand using sabdancer bores the **** out of me. I use Hoko spec on almost everything except maybe Zilas havent gotten past him yet

parsing ~1500+ in most fights with almost full t3 (have 2.5 boots).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fareline View Post
    Are you guys having more success with Hoko's spec than sabdancer?

Recent Murdantix "Fix" makes so many tars on the floor that i must avoid for sab, while hoko spec just charges in and starts dpsing, which i like, but our guild is going to work in sicaron and want to know if i should get used to playing Hoko or can I have similar results with sabdance

So do you guys mind giving me parses per spec?

Thanks, (Please state ap/crit/hit)
    What the hell are you talking about? Both Hoko and Sabdancer require being in melee range to do maximum DPS. And Sabdancer slaughters Hoko.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    also for that big robot prime boss, im parsing way higher as hoko spec, i have no idea why, ive parsed as low as 1400 as sabdancer and always 2k+ as hoko spec, noticing all other sabdancers parsing low here as well, dunno if it's ACT messing up or some other mechanic but something is really buggy about that fight!
    i noticed he buff he gets reducing ranged and magic damage taken is affecting shrapnel charge, but my spike ticks seem unaffected.

Did 2061 on murdantix week with tar just not x3.

Did 2365 on sicaron for the world first kill topping the meter.

Hoko spec @ work.

Hoko single target

Sab aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Vorenu View Post
    i noticed he buff he gets reducing ranged and magic damage taken is affecting shrapnel charge, but my spike ticks seem unaffected.
    ahh that must be it, fortunately i just switched to hoko spec and r4p3d his arse anyways, def seeing better numbers with hoko spec for single target, im not sure how ppl are seeing higher with sabdancer, i know my rotations are perfect, i just never beat my hoko spec dmg.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    ahh that must be it, fortunately i just switched to hoko spec and r4p3d his arse anyways, def seeing better numbers with hoko spec for single target, im not sure how ppl are seeing higher with sabdancer, i know my rotations are perfect, i just never beat my hoko spec dmg.
    I'm still higher in Sabdancer but as I switch to pure AP the numbers are getting closer.

I'm at exactly 1000 crit unbuffed in Sabo, so thats about perfect and when I get more T3 pieces I'll swap the 2 crit heavy lessers I have for AP ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Both Hoko and Sabdancer require being in melee range to do maximum DPS. And Sabdancer slaughters Hoko.
    i mean when murdantix knocks you back, hoko spec uses flash of steel to get back while sabdance has to walk back ( i havent tried the flash of steel sabdance,) so we have more downtime
    FatCat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast