+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The infiltrator soul

Shadowlander

Default The infiltrator soul

Hi all, my first post but I have been a reader since day one.

I have seen tons of posts about not going any further than 15 points into the infiltrator soul and I can understand why when I look at the abilities. However, my DPS is pretty poor in PVP with ALL builds that I have ever tried. I fair pretty well in PVE and raids, 1200-1300 DPS.

I guess my question is this: Will making it to rank 6-8 increase my DPS somehow just magically? I know this sounds really stupid but in RK. 5 gear a mage / cleric / warrior can burn me down in a matter of seconds. I can't seem to kill anything one on one accept for (what I think to be) very low favor characters.

Call me crying or whatever bur a warrior stunning me and me dieing before the stun wears off is quite aggrevating. A cleric can DOT then DD me for 4k and im dead. Same with a mage.

I understand that we aren't meant to "go in swinging" but I don't enjoy playing a stelathed stalker all the time and popping out to kill one target. It's simply not fun for me.

I use two PVP specs at this time. One is a mm/nb/inf spec. The other is Dunsparrow's "Nightblade PvP Beast Spec" it has allot more survivability but I am really lucky to do 90 DPS with said build.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Batouse
    Last edited by kc5yvv; 08-11-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling error.

Quote Originally Posted by kc5yvv View Post
    Hi all, my first post but I have been a reader since day one.

I have seen tons of posts about not going any further than 15 points into the infiltrator soul and I can understand why when I look at the abilities. However, my DPS is pretty poor in PVP with ALL builds that I have ever tried. I fair pretty well in PVE and raids, 1200-1300 DPS.

I guess my question is this: Will making it to rank 6-8 increase my DPS somehow just magically? I know this sounds really stupid but in RK. 5 gear a mage / cleric / warrior can burn me down in a matter of seconds. I can't seem to kill anything one on one accept for (what I think to be) very low favor characters.

Call me crying or whatever bur a warrior stunning me and me dieing before the stun wears off is quite aggrevating. A cleric can DOT then DD me for 4k and im dead. Same with a mage.

I understand that we aren't meant to "go in swinging" but I don't enjoy playing a stelathed stalker all the time and popping out to kill one target. It's simply not fun for me.

I use two PVP specs at this time. One is a mm/nb/inf spec. The other is Dunsparrow's "Nightblade PvP Beast Spec" it has allot more survivability but I am really lucky to do 90 DPS with said build.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Batouse
    51nb/15inf. Work on timing your CD's and you're golden.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Soulwalker

51nb 15 inf is solid, if you can't dps people down with c/d use you are out healered (just made that word up) or your gear is lacking.
    If you don't have decent team mates (heals, focus firing dps) try a few MM builds out, you can stay back and take people out nicely.

44mm 22sin is my personal fav, utility to get in position and **** people up. Don't be scared to run off early before you get blown up tho
    51sin 15 inf is an obvious goto build for 1vx and generally pissing people off if your team mates are useless but if you don't like stealth....

The only time I've ever gone over 15inf is for my flag/stone carrier build.

R6+ gear will help a lot, but it won't magically fix you being in the wrong place at the wrong time with no cooldowns =)
    Last edited by noya; 08-11-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Plane Touched

51 sin 15 inf 0 MM.

You're like batman with daggers.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    51 sin 15 inf 0 MM.

You're like batman with daggers.
    I find 51 Sin/13 BD/2 MM to work better. CP's hit harder because of DD, you get a survivability CD from BD, and more mobility from MM. I couldn't even imagine trying to take on a parry-gon without side steps...
    Last edited by Calo; 08-11-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Plane Touched

Now that ive incorporated hit to my runes, i thought parrygons didnt exist anymore.

51 sin 15 inf 0 mm

insane burst with alot of bleeds. you can enter / exit the fight on your terms with is invalueable for ensuring that a key target dies, while you use the "get out of jail free card".

5 second immunity to magic dmg / disables is priceless for wtfowning healers / doms.

MM is just to have ranged that also speed boost allowing you to close the gap. Ranger works in this spot too. you just sacrifice the speed boost for a ranged finisher.

you wont top dmg with this spec...simply because your targets wont live long enough to dps them like dummies in sanctum. your KB's will be amongst the top.
    Last edited by yayoh; 08-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the tips guys, greatly appreciated. I'll let ya know how it works out for me.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    Now that ive incorporated hit to my runes, i thought parrygons didnt exist anymore.

51 sin 15 inf 0 mm

insane burst with alot of bleeds. you can enter / exit the fight on your terms with is invalueable for ensuring that a key target dies, while you use the "get out of jail free card".

5 second immunity to magic dmg / disables is priceless for wtfowning healers / doms.

MM is just to have ranged that also speed boost allowing you to close the gap. Ranger works in this spot too. you just sacrifice the speed boost for a ranged finisher.

you wont top dmg with this spec...simply because your targets wont live long enough to dps them like dummies in sanctum. your KB's will be amongst the top.
    Burst is similar between the two builds really. With the one I use, I don't usually need SA on melee classes and can save it for other fights, say with a MM who catches me at range, etc etc. Both are tried and proven at this point I think.
    Last edited by Calo; 08-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.

44 NB/21 Infil(Step into the Shadows)/0 RS (1 free shift to catch up to kiting targets)

Profit.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    44 NB/21 Infil(Step into the Shadows)/0 RS (1 free shift to catch up to kiting targets)

Profit.

- Vybz
    I re-did my spec this evening and had allot of fun. My DPS was still crappy but I survived allot longer and seemed to to very well against casters.

I'm liking this idea however because the 30 sec stealth (when i used it) just seemed too short. Thanks for posting I'll try it out.

I need to take a serious look however at what I'll be losing to do this. It would appear that I'll lose some very nice DPS abilities.

Thanks again!

Batouse

Quote Originally Posted by kc5yvv View Post
    I re-did my spec this evening and had allot of fun. My DPS was still crappy but I survived allot longer and seemed to to very well against casters.

I'm liking this idea however because the 30 sec stealth (when i used it) just seemed too short. Thanks for posting I'll try it out.

I need to take a serious look however at what I'll be losing to do this. It would appear that I'll lose some very nice DPS abilities.

Thanks again!

Batouse
    If you're not crazy CC spamming a caster, you can Step into the Shadows and reset silence, it's pro.

- Vybz
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shadowlander

one of my builds is 44nb/21inf with ambush. 'Tis a good ability: makes you harder to target in a group environment, adds dish out some mediocre damage and you get buffs from their skills

Quote Originally Posted by Nataleah View Post
    one of my builds is 44nb/21inf with ambush. 'Tis a good ability: makes you harder to target in a group environment, adds dish out some mediocre damage and you get buffs from their skills
    If Ambush actually scaled with the Rogue; most of us would actually use it instead of that one time I tried it at release. Though the targeting idea is great; love the thinking outside the box!

- Vybz

Shadowlander

dont forget +5% crit from your add's dauntles strike =]

51 Assassin / 15 Inf / 0 Ranger (Head Shot > MM) I have played this build since Roft started and I could spec it.

44 NB > 51 NB (The other 22 points are open for discussion, if all you want is DPS then 15 Inf but group PvP I look for more survivability as when I die its because I have DoTs on my, no CDs and get hit ny a disarm/stun)

Utility:

44/45 Bard / 21 Inf (get the 21 that reduces damage by 50% and increases healing by 50% this bard will not die).

MM You need to get Improved Hit&Run and then decide if you want to Eradicate or not. Always have 15 in Inf.

I hate MM

51 Assassin is a gang spec that falls short in group play because it needs to fight out of stealth and if the game is close the action will not stop.

38/44 Nightblade I think is the best group play melee build we have with Fel Blades -50% non cleanable debuff is HUGE.

Learn to run in circles while doing DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast