+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frogginator Melee Build

Soulwalker

Default Frogginator Melee Build

Parsed this melee build without a pet at 1400 on test dummies with a bard. Simple 2 macros. Combo point generator and finisher. Let me know what you guys think. Alot of people hate the melee ranger build due to not liking pets. This might be a nice alternative. Let me know what you guys think.
    -Frogger

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mhogzo.0VRcxob

Buffs used:
    Smoldering Blades
    Hellfire Blades
    Combat Pose

Combo point generator macro:
    #show Dusk Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Backstab
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage
    suppressmacrofailures

Finisher macro:
    #show Deadly Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Ebon Fury
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Deadly Strike
    suppressmacrofailures

*Poison Malice can be taken out of macro. Not necessary*

I do believe this is already called the Nightdancer spec: SoD variation. Also you would parse much much higher if you split your two macros into the Nightdancer rotation (to avoid clipping) and include FS somewhere preferably using a DD stack
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

i'd like to give it a try
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    I do believe this is already called the Nightdancer spec: SoD variation. Also you would parse much much higher if you split your two macros into the Nightdancer rotation (to avoid clipping) and include FS somewhere preferably using a DD stack
    First I've heard of a melee build that doesn't use the pet that doesn't suck, and my rogue alt just pulled ~1200 on the dummy with only a bard. He's in half t3, with the rest random blues and t1 crap.

Bye-bye stupid raptor!

Soulwalker

yeah, I was getting tired of stupid pets as well. This build does comparable, if not slightly better dps, and does it reliably.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Blasters View Post
    First I've heard of a melee build that doesn't use the pet that doesn't suck, and my rogue alt just pulled ~1200 on the dummy with only a bard. He's in half t3, with the rest random blues and t1 crap.

Bye-bye stupid raptor!
    Sigh, Can't edit post, but I tested melee ranger w/ same bard and actually did about 75-100 dps less, I think the melee ranger spec may be slightly more gear dependent. Now I don't even have to feel a little bit bad about that stupid raptor being gone, although I will miss him randomly pulling bosses.

There's always ranged ranger tho! ^_^

Self Buffed stats:
    513 AP, 938 crit, 33.6 dps mainhand (foul stinger), 34.0 dps offhand (oracle's painblade), coarse (3dps) whestones applied. Sigil is all lessers, only proc item is shard of planes from RD.
    Last edited by Nerf Blasters; 08-11-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

compared to the hoko spec:
    -no ranged spam-attack while out of melee range exept firey spike which is bad if you spam it
    -no flash of steel to begin slaughtering the foe 2-3 gcd faster after moving
    -no deadly-dance trickshots for 1,2-1,4k aoe-dmg and no aoe from range or while engaging
    -no invert rage to prevent aggroing for a fast start or when adds spawn and have to get nuked fast

+no pet to care about
    +one dmg-cooldown more for a little better spike-dmg

i still prefer hoko spec

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Blasters View Post
    Sigh, Can't edit post, but I tested melee ranger w/ same bard and actually did about 75-100 dps less, I think the melee ranger spec may be slightly more gear dependent. Now I don't even have to feel a little bit bad about that stupid raptor being gone, although I will miss him randomly pulling bosses.
    Eh? If you're melee ranger then you should only have a wolf. Dunno how much of a dps difference losing so many secondary points to ranger is.

This build is pretty decent, and so is the 27/19/20 nightdancer, but hoko still offers more versatility. If you keep playing nightdancer, you would eventually realize that its AoE and trash killing potential really sucks. But if you're only going to pull it out on bosses, then it's a good choice.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Why test with bard? And why type of gear are you using?

Old build there. The forums have a couple old threads on all sorts of options for the "tri-builds" I believe this might be optimized for the SoD one you like.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...khoT0o.0VRcxob
    4/5 heat and 1/2 melted is enough. Flame thrust for those times moving in and out of melee due to boss mechanics and FoS is a 2 combo point builder and again good for when your forced outa melee. Like some one said to avoid using a 2 when you need a one its 1 macro for 2 combo point builders and another for 1 combo pointers a finisher and fiery spike. If you like that you might also wana check out something like this.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...zs0o0b.VhxzhoM

Quote Originally Posted by Syneous View Post
    Why test with bard? And why type of gear are you using?
    You generally want to test with fervor/energy/tablet because nightdancer has 3 two pointers that will drop your dps dramatically if you continuously wait 1-2 seconds just to get energy for them. It's generally not a good parse without, but you can still do it. Just don't mess up the rotation.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrogger View Post
    *Poison Malice can be taken out of macro. Not necessary*
    You dont want poison malice in your macro or used in this build full stop as your using weapon enchants not poisons and it would just be a waste of energy which could be better used on something else.
    Denatarion-60 Rogue
    The Unnamed

We can name old builds after ourselves now?
    I call this "el radnoz" http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tsfqddR.xx0M0c check it out guys!

(Gear)

There are very few fights where pets die.

If you let ur pet die your not good at mmos.

Banned

Without comparing what dps you do in other general specs you cant just post a number and say its good. Saying you do 1400 dps with a bard doesnt say anything when you leave out what that number compares to cause everyone has different gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast