+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to game, this build work for leveling?

Soulwalker

Default New to game, this build work for leveling?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...96067242454752

I figure I can do something like this

Stealth, Assassinate, Keen strike, Quick strike, Rift disturbance, and spam Twin strike while using Rift disturbance and shadow assault whenever it pops. I would use side steps when it pops as well and my strike back will help for more dmg.

Overall I was hoping to kill multiple adds with the twin strike and rift disturbance, but I get all of my combo points up fast with assassinate, keen, quick strike, then switch mob so that my Rift scavenger would heal me as I kill the mobs.

Would I be taking too much dmg by switch mobs mid fight? or will the Rift scavenger heal me fast enough?

I am very new to the game and have been reading tons of posts on combos and roles, but most are well thought out and I wanted to give it a try to figure out my own thing. I figure if I can't do it on my own, then maybe I shouldn't be trying and just use other people's builds and have fun with that.

And advice and criticism is very much welcomed.
    Last edited by krower; 08-11-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Anything?

Not one comment? I would even welcome a "Man you have no f'n clue what you are doing"
    If that's the case.

this build is fine(actually if you look in the stickys under Cuisinart youll see it there).. id continue to work on bladedancer up to at least disengage then up sin a to help out the damage
    Last edited by sanosuke; 08-11-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Rift Disciple

at your level do something like this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpVN.Vf0h.xbdG

0 point ranger is fantastic gives you a ranged atk and a pet (turn off taunt so you get hit = dodge = extra dps), 13 RS for scavenger is obvious, 13 BD for deadly dance, the best talent points ever basically. as you level up, there are tons of fantastic talents in BD, dump more points there until you get dancing steel. pick up more points in RS for more shifts + buffs after shift. eventually you want to replace ranger with assassin, because the 0 point ranger pet is capped at level 30.

Soulwalker

Default Great

Thanks, I will toy with them tonight

Soulwalker

Default man

I thought twin blades would add a combo point to the additional mob, but that isn't the case. If it were, then I would be healing alot faster.

Plane Walker

You've got the concept. Get a little BD until you can do some damage, grab Sin for early stealth and buffs and go directly for Rift Scavenger. I would prefer to see your Rs T2 points go into Great Fortitude. I feel that Boosted Recovery is unnecessary and Exceptional Resiliance can wait until later.

Quote Originally Posted by krower View Post
    I thought twin blades would add a combo point to the additional mob, but that isn't the case. If it were, then I would be healing alot faster.
    You can only ever have combo points on one mob at a time. Applying even one CP to another mob will wipe them from the other one.

Personally I'd stop at 13 RS (for Rift Scavenger) and then focus solely on BD instead of splitting your points. Also, if you leave your third tree with 0 points, you can switch it freely without needing to pay for a respec, which can be quite handy (e.g. use Assasin for the 0pt poison, and switch to Ranger if you need a pet temporarily).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    . I would prefer to see your Rs T2 points go into Great Fortitude. I feel that Boosted Recovery is unnecessary and Exceptional Resiliance can wait until later.

I can understand the waiting on Exceptional Resiliance. I just figured The extra Healing from Boosted Recovery would help me with downtime over Gret Fortitude, but I will give it a try and see how it is.

Great input. Thanks alot

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Also, if you leave your third tree with 0 points, you can switch it freely without needing to pay for a respec, which can be quite handy (e.g. use Assasin for the 0pt poison, and switch to Ranger if you need a pet temporarily).

Makes sense, but The reason I was putting points in Assasin was for the stealth. But I guess I can wipe that out and have more points to put in for DPS.

I will continue to work with it. Thanks
    Last edited by krower; 08-12-2011 at 09:14 AM.

I used something like this while leveling (lvl22) up: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McVp.Vc.gbdu.V

Endo Buff x2
    2 Motifs
    Dex Buff

Parry and Evade Styles if need be

Quick Combo Point builder + Deadly Dance (increased damage, use Cadence after for good heals when needed)
    I could chain pull forever

As you level, you can do something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...00Rz.gbdu.VI0h
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

+ Reply to Thread