+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual Deathbringers?

Soulwalker

Default Dual Deathbringers?

I made one Deathbringer for myself and have the materials for a second. My question is whether it's worth it to use the second or just sell it. I'm upgrading from crappy 25 dps T2 blues so it's a pretty big upgrade, but my guild isn't ready for T1 raids yet and it might be a little while. I'm also only prestige rank 2, so they're better than pvp weapons for a long time. I do participate in DRRs and stuff when I can, so my question is are there any actual good drops from DRR bosses or T2s that contend with an offhand slot that a second Deathbringer could be filling? It's clearly an upgrade from what I have, but it's also a potential waste of 100 plat for materials and stuff if there is an upgrade possible for where I'm at with DRRs and the 10 man raid within the month.

I run sabdancer spec for pve, gunblade for pvp and have basically all good T2 gear and 35% crit.

Plane Touched

Not really worth it imo. Keep in mind 99% of the abilities you will use as a Rogue only care about your Main Hand weapon's DPS. The offhand is just stats, which the Deathbringer has going for it. But you would be better off spending that plat on the other Deathbringer gear and rolling a good stat stick from a T2 like Abyssal Hatchet or similar.

You won't get any weapons from Raid Rifts so don't look there.

If you are never going to PVP or run ANY raid bosses, keep it. If you plan to do either of the other two... sell sell sell and never buy in the first place... too expensive.

You will replace the Deathbringer as soon as you start doing T1 raids, but as far as i am aware it is better than anything in T2 dungeons. Also the thing about only calculating off of your main hand is not correct, the game uses an algorithm that includes off hand weapon DPS in its calculation. Just try putting a terrible DPS weap in your offhand and see how much your DPS drops, it will drop more than just what it should from the stats you lose. I would say that if you plan to run T2's for the next month without any real chance at an upgraded weapon from T1 raids, use the second Deathbringer.

However, if there is any chance of you getting a raid tier weapon in the next 30 days i would say sell that **** while its hot.
    Last edited by Gyle; 08-11-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    You will replace the Deathbringer as soon as you start doing T1 raids, but as far as i am aware it is better than anything in T2 dungeons. Also the thing about only calculating off of your main hand is not correct, the game uses an algorithm that includes off hand weapon DPS in its calculation. Just try putting a terrible DPS weap in your offhand and see how much your DPS drops, it will drop more than just what it should from the stats you lose.
    I just tested and am still only getting effect from my MH weapon damage, same as it was since Beta except for the auto-attack DPS drop and the few abilities from Bladedancer that specifically state they use Offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Also the thing about only calculating off of your main hand is not correct, the game uses an algorithm that includes off hand weapon DPS in its calculation. Just try putting a terrible DPS weap in your offhand.
    People keep saying this and I keep trying it and I keep getting the same result. My off hand makes no difference to my attacks, unless it's started in the tooltip that both weapons are used (which basically means, a few Bladedancer skills). My even hit a little harder with a weaker offhand sword because the offhand I used had some extra AP over my higher DPS dagger.

Telaran

I disagree with most of the views, Double Deathbringers are better than have two of the WhisperWood Edge, DPS wise, and better than the Double Titanslayer tankingwise. While the deathbringers don't really have the hit to be competing with the whisperwood edges, I believe that there are enough other pieces of gear with hit for it to not be a serious issue. 300 hit should be easily obtainable, even with your daggers only having 25 hit a piece.
    Daggers- 50 Hit
    Bow/Gun-40 hit
    Helmet and Legs Rune 36 hit
    Rings- 70 hit
    Necklace- 35 hit
    Helmet- 40 hit
    Gloves-30 hit

according to a rogue i talked to on my shard, 2 deathbringers gives you the 2 piece bonus. whilst that is only 20 more endurance, getting 1 more piece will net you the 3 piece bonus of 20 ap. another piece will give you the proc bonus. not having to acquire another piece for these bonuses could be beneficial.

also, even if your guild is going t head into GSB tomorrow night, there's no guarantee that you'll be getting a weapon upgrade, let alone one dropping. anything that will up your dps will be beneficial to your raid. yeah, you could sell it for some coin, but plat is easy enough to make in this game. i say equip it.

conversely, i have one sitting in my inventory unequippred, and i'm waiting for another dagger to drop to replace my blade of the architect (yeah i know, crappy t2 wep). i'm just that stubborn. although with my luck, i'll equip it and get a fang of the lifelord or at the very least a black ice.

+ Reply to Thread