+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crappy sabdancer dps compared to my guildmates with same rotation any other specs?

Soulwalker

Default crappy sabdancer dps compared to my guildmates with same rotation any other specs?

ok so ive been recently working with the "sabdancer" spec. its nice i easily hit 700 dps but i raid and im in a mix of T2 and raid gear. im using the same or very similar rotation as my other guildmates who are hitting 13001500 2000 dps . im just looking for some advice or another spec that i could try out to get my dps up i have 280 hit and its just odd that most of the things i try arent seeming to work . if you could help it'd be appreciated
    Last edited by phatkat1972; 08-11-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Plane Touched

Help us help you.

Post your exact spec, your rotation and check to make sure all your sab skills are upgraded to max at the trainer ;)

Post your crit rating and ap vs ur guildmates too. Sabdancer scales much much better with crit than ap
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Plane Walker

Normally when I see issues like this its the person is stacking AP over crit work your gear towards Crit rating and you'll see better dps in a sab dancer build.

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Normally when I see issues like this its the person is stacking AP over crit work your gear towards Crit rating and you'll see better dps in a sab dancer build.
    Or it's the DPS of the mainhand weapon or missing startattack at the end of macros...
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    Or it's the DPS of the mainhand weapon or missing startattack at the end of macros...
    So startattack should be at the end and not under suppressmacrofailures?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    So startattack should be at the end and not under suppressmacrofailures?
    after many tests my dps is higher if i put startattack after the suppressmacrofailures isntead of at the end. it appears to not always fire at the end making my auto-attack drop for 5 seconds every so often.

also i stack AP so it sux when i run this spec, still can do 2k dps but i did much more before 1.4 nerfs
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
    Help us help you.

Post your exact spec, your rotation and check to make sure all your sab skills are upgraded to max at the trainer ;)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...0VRcxcb.VV0G0s
    my spec
    my rotation is this for single targert dps :
    preload: spike charge x5
    detonate
    during fight: spike x5, deadly strike , puncture, spike x5 detonate and rinse and repeat

Prophet of Telara

You're clipping your spike dot horribly. That's why your dps is so low.

Do

3x spike -> puncture -> deadly strike -> 2x spike -> det
    5x shrap -> det

rinse and repeat

Plane Touched

Basically what Poochy said. Your rotation is not taking advantage of deadly dance properly, so half your stacks are not getting the buff as they should.

Use the rotation he mentioned and you should see a solid increase.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    half your stacks are not getting the buff as they should.
    That too

Keep an eye on your buff bar when you are doing your rotations, and try to make sure you always see the DD buff up (either the one with the 3 stacks, or the one for charges).

/10char
    Last edited by Poochymama; 08-11-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Soulwalker

The other thing to look at is what content are you currently doing? if it's the DH / GP / GSB /ROS you are way over the Hit cap, and sacraficing other stats to have your 280 Hit rating. Then again if you are in HK then it's ok. ^^

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    Basically what Poochy said. Your rotation is not taking advantage of deadly dance properly, so half your stacks are not getting the buff as they should.

Use the rotation he mentioned and you should see a solid increase.
    ok thanks for the info

Soulwalker

Default weapon barrage

Anyone know if adding weapon barrage into macro is a dps upgrade?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by phatkat1972 View Post
    my rotation is this for single targert dps :
    preload: spike charge x5
    detonate
    during fight: spike x5, deadly strike , puncture, spike x5 detonate and rinse and repeat
    Doing the rotations others have previously mentioned will surely increase your dps, but i still think you need to fully understand how the build works (i apologize if you do, but the rotation you're doing suggests otherwise).
    - Charges build combo points but your finishers will not consume your charges (with the exception being detonate).
    - To detonate a set of charges after a deadly strike, you need to apply 1 new charge, this does not affect the damage of your charges since they are still maxed at 5, only the detonate damage will be lower.

so if you look at your standard rotation you can see that you're not detonating the 5 spike charges after a deadly strike (im assuming this is not a typo)

so far, your ideal rotation would be Spike x 5 (preload) -> Deadly Strike -> Spike x 1 -> Puncture (optional) -> Detonate.

On the second part of your rotation you're doing spike charges again, this will "clip" the damage over time, meaning its not reaching its full potential and that is obviously bad.

To prevent that from happening you do Shrapnel Charge x 5, it will do an amazing amount of burst and also a short damage over time which you talented for.

After that, it's spike charges again, however, you want to use less global cooldowns than the preload rotation, so you do:

Spike x 3 -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike -> Spike x 2 -> Detonate.

All the charges in the rotation are being affected by deadly dance, but in case you missed it, here it is:

Pre-pull :
    Spike x 5 ( 5 CP ) -> Deadly Strike (deadly dance x 3) -> Spike x 1 (Deadly Dance x 2) -> Puncture (Deadly Dance x 1) -> Detonate

Standard Rotation:
    Shrapnel x 5 (Deadly Dance fully consumed with the set of shrapnels) -> Detonate
    Spike x 3 -> Puncture (5 CP) -> Deadly Strike (Deadly Dance x 3) -> Spike x 2 (Deadly Dance x 1)
    Rinse and Repeat.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast