+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard -> picking up marksman.

Shadowlander

Default Bard -> picking up marksman.

Now with the ap scaling of bards coda of restoration wouldn't it be more usefull to pick up MM instead of nightblade?

something like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dqiqskqz.V0x.V

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    Now with the ap scaling of bards coda of restoration wouldn't it be more usefull to pick up MM instead of nightblade?

something like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dqiqskqz.V0x.V
    MM passive buffs are for ranged weapons and Bard doesn't specify ranged weapons. Some descriptions say weapon damage but most say nothing so I dont think the range of bard attacks or the damage will be affected by MM unless you attack with MM abilities to proc some of the passives.
    Last edited by kaco; 08-11-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Just try if cadence gives you the 25% ap buff, if not it might be useless

Rift Chaser

I am usually "shovel guy" for GP runs, and made an 11 marksman/4 riftstalker filled bard for the supreme mobility options. I honestly can't say I've noticed any real drop off in damage/healing output from a more traditional 51 bard.

A quicky test on a crappy geared pts bard with the above spec.

Cadence did not trigger the buff.
    The buff does add to AP and cadence went from 77 average to 84 average per tick.
    Buff only comes from ranged shots, it seemed the 2 casted MM attack (Deadeye, Empowered) would proc it more but like i said this was just quick tests on pts.

I would be willing to bet it has a internal cooldown, or would not be worth the tradeoff in downtime yadda yadda.

Will give this a realworld try and see.
    "Good players can make themselves useful, but huge efforts should not be made to attain levels of use that others can accomplish with far less effort because their class was designed more intelligently." -- Ancient Rites
    I for one welcome our new bard overlords...

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.VM

This seems to do the best for me as a bard now.

Your ranged weapon is counted if you are at range from your target. Otherwise it uses your melee weapons.

Cadence will use your ranged weapon as its base damage if you have a ranged soul going, but its unaffected by talents that specifically affect ranged weapons. It won't get a passive damage boost from anything that increases Ranged damages specifically for example. Nor will it trigger proc talents.

At the moment I'm playing with 5 in Riftstalker for 25% AP and 6 in Ranger for the +AP instinct. I find I have to Cadence spam quite a bit less now as I can rely on big 1250+ crit CoR heals and the 1-2 punch of Verse of Vitality / CoR to get the group right back from big spike damage. Its actually rather refreshing.
    I'm a Rogue, not a Rouge......Though it does bring out my cheekbones.

Ansari - 50 Defiant Rogue
    Estrael

+ Reply to Thread