+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sick of playing sabdancer!!

Telaran

Angry Sick of playing sabdancer!!

Is everyone with me on this one? In my time playing my rogue I went through a few phases.

I started with assassin build and "I never want to leave stealth.... EVER!" I was enjoying playing assassin so much that i was almost always invisible.... I enjoyed using all my different abilitys and it was rewarding to get high dps when i was doing it all right. Then came tiered dungeons with melee punishing mechanics that just did not allow for melee.

After being crushed as melee, and people hounding me to pick up a ranged spec, I decided to pick up a full marksman spec. I loved the kiting and mobility that the spec offered as well as not having to manage a pet after dying or during fights. It was a blast running around shooting arrows at everything and I was really enjoying the spec, until i realized that my dps sucks in long fights!

So here I am with two options for doing competitive dps, either play with a pet as a ranger (eww) or abuse deadly dance and play a saboteur (also eww). TBH I hate both. There needs to be more balance across the entire soul selection and make the 51 builds into actually viable pve specs. As marksman I have to manage cooldowns so precisely that it makes my brain hurt thinking that a ranger build can do much better sustained damage USING TWO BUTTONS! And assassin in pve is a joke! so many fights there is no way to approach the boss without being knocked out of stealth and on top of that the damage of the build is based around a 10 second window right after you open from stealth...... seriously.... lame. your damage goes to **** right after you have laid your initial bleeds.

So here I am, finally caving in and specing into the FOTM builds. I get myself set up with a ranger build, and set up with a sabdancer build. The ranger spec isnt bad, its fun at times but seriously boring when compared with being in melee and chasing a target around and smacking it with your swords. But the sabdancer spec? I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT THIS IS THE TOP DPS SPEC. The rotation is utterly mindnumbing and requires the most marginal amount of thinking. The charges mechanic just doesnt feel "rogueish" and makes me hate myself when im stacking up charges on some adds and then it dies..... and im like arggggggg wtffffffffffff i didnt get to detonate! It feels like wasted time! It is a very boring spec and I cannot wait until they do some balancing and bring some other soul combinations in line with how much damage this build pushes out.

TLDR: Please fix assassin and marksman tree's to bring them in line with the sustained damage that other builds are bringing to the table. And do something about deadly dance cus its just annoying that almost every melee spec needs it to stay competitive.

With the synergy crystal, assassin may be fixed. As far as marks, well a whetstone for ranged weapons or serrated blades would be the way. Although with current gear (and comparing the stats on all the relic gear in HK), I hypothesize that a deep marks spec can produce master archer hits for ~850+, which, all things considered, is pretty damn good.

But I'm with you man. I don't even hate the dancer part of sabdancer, i just hate sabo.
    Last edited by SrFamine; 08-11-2011 at 02:18 AM.

I was just about to post something like this... but more ranged dps oriented. MM and Ranger both need some love... i too get peed off when i change to sabo spec and it parses like 500 dps more than my ranger with a crapper wep. I feel that upgrades in the skills like quick and the addition of an instant high damage tick would do the trick. I just can't understand why we have one spec that tops DPS in both single and AOE target.
    Malumvomica <The Fabled> Rogue DPS
    DH 4/4 GP 4/4 GSB 5/5 ROS Conq HK 4/11 RoTP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Sick of playing sabdancer!!

Is everyone with me on this one?
    Nope, I love it. The shrapnel and other explosions are so much fun. I've never played a game that went in this direction with the the rogue class. It has been a nice change from the traditional assassin type rogues I have played for the past decade.

I'll play whatever combination of souls produce the most for the sake progression, but the saboteur will always be my favorite soul in Rift.

In 1.3 they made a deadly dance buff specifically for the way charges work with it. They did not change it in 1.4. Until they do, it's working as intended. It's not abuse. I'm sorry your favorite spec isn't top dps right now.
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

How can people honestly argue that any build is mindnumbingly simple when every other build is just as simple because they all use simple rotations? Hell I have tested no spec I can't simplify into 5 buttons or less for the main rotation. And even off rotation you have the power to put it on the same 5 buttons through alt casts

You wanna play something semi complicated? Reroll mage. I heard they can't put their **** on a macro reliably. But if you're going to pve expect the rotations to always be mindnumbingly simple. This isn't pvp where you have to press 50 buttons at once just to survive. Your job in raids is more simplified than that.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 04:17 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

agree with the OP.
    i think i will just quit raiding and stick to pvp only if trion still favors sabs until december.
    much easier to get gear and lots of builds possible.

trion did so much unneeded nerfs in beta and after release ...

Shadowlander

I actually just made a post similar to yours with the same problems, I love Rogues, daggers, bleeds, stealth, backstabbing, etc. I just hit 50 went into a Tier 1 with a pug cause I figured I would need to start building up gear so I can join a raid guild and one of the fights I had to go ranged. I didn't have a damn spec for ranged because I leveled rs/sin/bd and although I bought some extra souls I never messed with them because I love sins. So after that run I started trying the different specs and there was nothing in Sab I liked, I want to go to the top with Sin for raiding and Im not sure if Im even going to raid now until a sin raid soul is viable. I am going to give the nb/sin/bd a try though and maybe just settle on it for raiding but it still won't pump out top dps but as long as it's not far behind then I'll deal hopefully until we see a fix for the Sin.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Is everyone with me on this one? In my time playing my rogue I went through a few phases.

I started with assassin build and "I never want to leave stealth.... EVER!" I was enjoying playing assassin so much that i was almost always invisible.... I enjoyed using all my different abilitys and it was rewarding to get high dps when i was doing it all right. Then came tiered dungeons with melee punishing mechanics that just did not allow for melee.

After being crushed as melee, and people hounding me to pick up a ranged spec, I decided to pick up a full marksman spec. I loved the kiting and mobility that the spec offered as well as not having to manage a pet after dying or during fights. It was a blast running around shooting arrows at everything and I was really enjoying the spec, until i realized that my dps sucks in long fights!

So here I am with two options for doing competitive dps, either play with a pet as a ranger (eww) or abuse deadly dance and play a saboteur (also eww). TBH I hate both. There needs to be more balance across the entire soul selection and make the 51 builds into actually viable pve specs. As marksman I have to manage cooldowns so precisely that it makes my brain hurt thinking that a ranger build can do much better sustained damage USING TWO BUTTONS! And assassin in pve is a joke! so many fights there is no way to approach the boss without being knocked out of stealth and on top of that the damage of the build is based around a 10 second window right after you open from stealth...... seriously.... lame. your damage goes to **** right after you have laid your initial bleeds.

So here I am, finally caving in and specing into the FOTM builds. I get myself set up with a ranger build, and set up with a sabdancer build. The ranger spec isnt bad, its fun at times but seriously boring when compared with being in melee and chasing a target around and smacking it with your swords. But the sabdancer spec? I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT THIS IS THE TOP DPS SPEC. The rotation is utterly mindnumbing and requires the most marginal amount of thinking. The charges mechanic just doesnt feel "rogueish" and makes me hate myself when im stacking up charges on some adds and then it dies..... and im like arggggggg wtffffffffffff i didnt get to detonate! It feels like wasted time! It is a very boring spec and I cannot wait until they do some balancing and bring some other soul combinations in line with how much damage this build pushes out.

TLDR: Please fix assassin and marksman tree's to bring them in line with the sustained damage that other builds are bringing to the table. And do something about deadly dance cus its just annoying that almost every melee spec needs it to stay competitive.
    /signed
    We walked the same road.

I have no objection to the Sabodancer. I have no objection to playing a spec that will benefit my group and/or guild the most.

I do object to having only ONE option for doing so.

I'm tired of ranged-melee hybrids or ranged being the choice for rogues. Be nice to see an actual melee spec compete. The NB/BD/Sin spec is still at least 400 dps behind .

I consider Sab, Ranger, MM, Bard ranged and BD, NB, Sin, RS melee. What leads the DPS charts? Sabs and Rangers for melee?....

Rift Chaser

I still have fun and solid performance with the 27/21/18 spec, blade/night/assassin hybrid. But I often play sabdancer because it does slightly better single target and overwhelmingly better for AOE. I don't like it that much, though. Just doesn't feel rogue-ish. Melee rogues should be stabbing things. I sincerely hope that there is a point at which deep Blade Dancer (i.e. 31+) is a leading melee spec. I like having that Scrapper feel.

Wow. Imagine that. Another post dissing someone but contributing nothing to the conversation.

There are some encounters where being in melee range is a negative. This can especially be true if the Healer is bad.

So, you like that there is one option that does substantially more DPS than all other specs? Or are you suggesting that another build with the exact gear can equal Sabdancer? Really?

OP when you done RPing please start raiding and come back to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Champion of Telara

There are some encounters where being in melee range is a negative. This can especially be true if the Healer is bad.
    The only encounter in the game that is overtuned for melee is Matron Zamira. There's no other fight in the game that I've seen or heard of that really stresses anti-melee.

So, you like that there is one option that does substantially more DPS than all other specs? Or are you suggesting that another build with the exact gear can equal Sabdancer? Really?
    There is one other build that does almost the exact same single target DPS.

There's another build that's rather close and comes with extra perks. And there's a variant of THAT build which has slightly less single target DPS, but has the most AOE burst DPS of any Rogue soul.

Quit crying.

i was looking at our parse from Guurloth and the gap in DPS shows an obvious power imbalance in the sabdance spec
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast