+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NB/RS/Inf PVP

Soulwalker

Lightbulb NB/RS/Inf PVP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRcs.Vf0chs0oz

This build has gotten me more kb's than anything else I've tried at 50 so far (a week or two so yeah, i know nothing right?) I submit for peer review the teleporting dot flinger w/ plenty of defensive CD's to make your healer happy you brought your big boy britches enabling you to pretend that you're wearing plate for a whole 6 seconds, which seems to be a major part of objective based PVP at least.

Combo builder
    #show shadow assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow assault
    cast dusk strike
    cast twilight force
    cast fiery chains
    cast primal strike
    cast fiery spike

Finisher
    #show blazing strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast blazing strike
    cast flame thrust

Buffs:
    Fel Blades
    Hellfire Blades
    Stalker Phase (I hotkey guardian phase and this next to each other to switch in a pinch)
    Planebound Resilience

stealth->dark malady->dusk to dawn->shadow assault->blazing strike->spam combo building macro->more finishing->/chicken

Telaran

This is a very well known and used build early in the ranks.
    I have used it (or a slight variation thereof) quite a lot, its a great and fun way to play. You can go around a battle field like nothing while still putting out a great deal of damage.

Melted Skin only works with Hellfire Blades which I never use.

Primal Strike again I never use and as its also untalented a Spike is always better.

I am currently testing which 21 Infiltrator build to use, yet to decide.

Right now testing Ambush build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.z.xx0M0c0V0z

Anathema can be cleansed.

I am really leaning towards the defensive Infiltrator talents because for me Break Free is the difference between life and death from those OP Warriors. Also the damage tree is nice and Ambush looks like is a I-WIN-BUTTON (yet to test it had it happen to me a few times and got owned by those 32 lol)
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-11-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Melted Skin only works with Hellfire Blades which I never use.

Primal Strike again I never use and as its also untalented a Spike is always better.

I am currently testing which 21 Infiltrator build to use, yet to decide.

Right now testing Ambush build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.z.xx0M0c0V0z

Anathema can be cleansed.
    Wait, you never use Hellfire Blades. You're telling me you use Smouldering Blades instead...?
    AND you've put 21 points into Inf? Bad build man, bad build.
    Last edited by TiberiusMonkey; 08-11-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Wait, you never use Hellfire Blades. You're telling me you use Smouldering Blades instead...?
    AND you've put 21 points into Inf? Bad build man, bad build.
    I hadn't thought of 2/2 Melted Skin, 5% dmg increase is huge indeed.

As for 21 Inf this build is for group PvP, I solo with 51sin/15Inf and with cleanse soul/hidden veil/slip away I don't die. NB is diffrent and was looking at survivability for group play when my CDs are always on well, CD

When smoldering consumes the stack it dose the full 12 sec duration damage plus the additional burst?

If so it hits at 50 for 463.

5 attacks @ 1.5 sec global thats an increase of 61.73 DPS right?

How much would my DPS need to be for 5% increased damage to yield more than 61.73 DPS?
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-11-2011 at 04:26 AM.

When smoldering consumes the stack it dose the full 12 sec duration damage plus the additional burst?

If so it hits at 50 for 463.

5 attacks @ 1.5 sec global thats an increase of 61.73 DPS right?
    Yes, but it has to get to full stacks without getting cleansed or falling off. More importantly, it means you won't be using fel blades if you're using smouldering.

I would need to be doing 1,234.6 DPS just to break even and make Melted Skin worth it?

Please help me out if my math is wrong -was never my strong suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Yes, but it has to get to full stacks without getting cleansed or falling off. More importantly, it means you won't be using fel blades if you're using smouldering.
    I currently use Fel+Smold.

The DPS is factoring the 5 applications -which for a dagger rogue is as fast as globals allow.

I'm really curious here math wise?

PvP DPS is no where near 1k let alone 1.3 am I wrong here? I think its about 9xx or less?
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-11-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Cant edit post :/

Also my build would allow for Scourage of Darkness which is another massive boost to DPS.

I think you're arguing a different point. It's not about how much damage it does; it's about how difficult it is to get it to do that damage in a PvP environment. Hellfire gives 5% to all attacks, which outweighs Smouldering. Fel Blades gives 50% healing reduction, which is huge in PvP. Smouldering does the most dps, but does not outweigh the utility of the other two for PvP. For PvE, yes Hellfire and Smouldering are best. For PvP, Hellfire and Fel Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I think you're arguing a different point. It's not about how much damage it does; it's about how difficult it is to get it to do that damage in a PvP environment. Hellfire gives 5% to all attacks, which outweighs Smouldering. Fel Blades gives 50% healing reduction, which is huge in PvP. Smouldering does the most dps, but does not outweigh the utility of the other two for PvP. For PvE, yes Hellfire and Smouldering are best. For PvP, Hellfire and Fel Blades.
    Why is it difficult yet to notice an issue to date with Smoldering being frequently cleansed. I think healers are focusing on Anathema/Dominator/Lock DoTs before they worry about some DoT that reads 5x dmg

Smoldering+Fel

I'm not arguing really curious and looking forward to learning

As for the 5% dmg to all attacks how much would all my attacks need to do before it over comes the 4xx - 5xx of Smoldering (6x - 7x DPS)?
    Last edited by Riftrox; 08-11-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Take 1 outa melted skin it procs enough. put that in dusk till dawn... A must have finisher.Take the 3 outa the AOE dot... It isn't that great. Put it in improved primal strike. The additional damage can crit and its a nice bonus. I suppose that is the optional points though. The damage reduce and healing increase is not as good of a benifit as having the extra HP. One you are hit with lingering wounds you want to live as long as pos and it means you get more back from blood thirsty. It also means your shields from shifting last longer.

Other than that everything else is what I run in my build lol.

Why is it difficult yet to notice an issue to date with Smoldering being frequently cleansed. I think healers are focusing on Anathema/Dominator/Lock DoTs before they worry about some DoT that reads 5x dmg

Smoldering+Fel

I'm not arguing really curious and looking forward to learning

As for the 5% dmg to all attacks how much would all my attacks need to do before it over comes the 4xx - 5xx of Smoldering (6x - 7x DPS)?
    5% wins out dude. It's 5% to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    5% wins out dude. It's 5% to everything.
    This. It's 5% to everything, also anything more than 15 points in the INF tree is just bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast