+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has everyone else got tougher?

Rift Disciple

Default Has everyone else got tougher?

Pre 1.4 I was "up there" with the best of them (other classes) on the charts for wf's on damage and kbs. Since 1.4? Well I am lucky to get half way. Now I know some of you are going to be hilarious and say "l2p" "you suck" "I am still uber and clear entire raids solo so you are a freak" etc but I am still normally either top or as close to for the rogues in a wf so I have a feeling it's not just me.

Could it be that new specs are not fotm and rogue damage has gone down? Is everyone in plate nowadays? I sort of assumed with healing nerf I'd really be chewing through the field but that's not the case - in fact it seems to have had the reverse effect.

Some of you may even question my build but the point is I didn't change anything so I'd have thought I would have been about the same as before.

And before anyone says anything.. this is not a rogue bashing thread. Anyone else seeing the same?

I haven't had any problems. Of course in massive group vs group battles, the new Cabalist dominates the damage done. Apart from that, I'm always (close to) top killing blows and top damage. I have done this with more than one spec:
    38 NB / 15 Inf / 13 MM
    44 Sab / 20 Sin / 2 NB (surprisingly effective)
    40 Sin / 26 RS / 0 Inf (my new favorite spec)

Although I do have to include the fact that I have maybe seen one or two decent opponents since the last patch. Seems like they all left my cluster with the transfers.

Telaran

I would guess the fact that there is now an entirely new grind to r7 and r8 means that a lot of the rank 6 people will be playing a lot more and therefor making the fights tougher.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by htomeht View Post
    I would guess the fact that there is now an entirely new grind to r7 and r8 means that a lot of the rank 6 people will be playing a lot more and therefor making the fights tougher.
    Yeah i thought about that but the players on my side in the WF are hitting the same targets as me and still doing insane numbers 1m+ etc

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Pre 1.4 I was "up there" with the best of them (other classes) on the charts for wf's on damage and kbs. Since 1.4? Well I am lucky to get half way. Now I know some of you are going to be hilarious and say "l2p" "you suck" "I am still uber and clear entire raids solo so you are a freak" etc but I am still normally either top or as close to for the rogues in a wf so I have a feeling it's not just me.

Could it be that new specs are not fotm and rogue damage has gone down? Is everyone in plate nowadays? I sort of assumed with healing nerf I'd really be chewing through the field but that's not the case - in fact it seems to have had the reverse effect.

Some of you may even question my build but the point is I didn't change anything so I'd have thought I would have been about the same as before.

And before anyone says anything.. this is not a rogue bashing thread. Anyone else seeing the same?
    Seems the same to me. I feel like a paper towel swatting at a mack truck slamming into me.

Quote Originally Posted by kc5yvv View Post
    Seems the same to me. I feel like a paper towel swatting at a mack truck slamming into me.
    That's insulting to the paper tower, it can actually deflect the truck; if you really think about it.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

I felt like I was R4 tonight at certain times. I don't know if it was b/c opp faction had some r7/r8 or if ppl finally caught up on the valor discrepancy. I'm going to have to rethink some things spec wise.

+ Reply to Thread