+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what else?

Soulwalker

Default what else?

All i am reading about with rouge dps is Sabdancer. there has to be a second solid dps build, cause to be honest sab is boring the heck out of me. i lvled ranger/marksman, but i want great dps, so i tried sabdancer and am looking for the second best dps spec for a rouge IYO. no sab plz.

Look in more than just these forums, there are many good builds out there. Here, I'll list some you can search:

Hoko melee ranger
    Sozu ranger
    44sab (ranged sab)
    Nightdancer (varies somewhat, most common is 27bd/19sin/20nb)
    deep Nightblade (something like 31nb+ paired with bladedancer and sin, but doesn't use Deadly Strike)
    Assassin (usually 32sin + something else like bladedancer and nightblade)
    Riftdancer ("Brawler")
    PvE Marksman (38MM/17sin/11nb)
    etc

Test your own too and see if you like one

As for the second best, it would be Hoko spec.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

MeleeRanger got hurt quite a bit, so i guess 27bd/18Sin/21NB pulls ahead now. but not even within 90% of sabdancer, so it's still...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    MeleeRanger got hurt quite a bit, so i guess 27bd/18Sin/21NB pulls ahead now. but not even within 90% of sabdancer, so it's still...meh.
    90%? I pull 200-300 dps less with nightdancer than with sabdancer on single target raid buffed... maybe you guys should actually parse these builds before you start making huge exaggerations on how "OP" sabdancer is. According to you if nightdancer pulled 1000 dps sabdancer should be pulling 2000 on the same fight with the same gear. This is simply not the case.

And how did melee ranger get hurt? They didn't get touched at all this last patch

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    90%? I pull 200-300 dps less with nightdancer than with sabdancer on single target raid buffed... maybe you guys should actually parse these builds before you start making huge exaggerations on how "OP" sabdancer is. According to you if nightdancer pulled 1000 dps sabdancer should be pulling 2000 on the same fight with the same gear. This is simply not the case.

And how did melee ranger get hurt? They didn't get touched at all this last patch
    I think by 90% of Sabdancer he means 10% less than what Sabdancer pulls. So if you do 1000 with Sabdancer he's saying Nightdancer is closer to 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I think by 90% of Sabdancer he means 10% less than what Sabdancer pulls. So if you do 1000 with Sabdancer he's saying Nightdancer is closer to 900.
    The people who are honestly concerned with a 10% difference in damage should just reroll warrior. They have top dps all the time and are not getting a change anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post

meleeRanger was the specc with the most hits/second.. therefor scaling extremely well with SO.
    With SO's change 1.4 meleeRanger lost more DPS than any other rogues specc.

And 10% isn't much? A 6min fight would last 6min36seconds if everyone was doing 10% less damage.
    A 10min fight would last 11min... and so on. there would be absolutely no need to equip ur char any further... why would u want to do 10% more damage with ur new shiny relic daggers, who cares about 10% damage, uh?

It's nice to know that 90% of 2000 are 1000, thanks for ur advanced mathknowledge.
    To reroll warrior is just as stupid as any other comment u made so far...

meleeRanger was the specc with the most hits/second.. therefor scaling extremely well with SO.
    With SO's change 1.4 meleeRanger lost more DPS than any other rogues specc.
    Get something straight it was normalized not nerfed. Melee ranger lost at most 100 dps from my last raid's numbers. That still puts them at second top dps

And 10% isn't much? A 6min fight would last 6min36seconds if everyone was doing 10% less damage.
    A 10min fight would last 11min... and so on. there would be absolutely no need to equip ur char any further... why would u want to do 10% more damage with ur new shiny relic daggers, who cares about 10% damage, uh?
    Who cares about 10% difference if the boss still dies? That's the difference between competitive and viable.

It's nice to know that 90% of 2000 are 1000, thanks for ur advanced mathknowledge.
    soooooo sorry the English language can be misinterpreted. You said "within 90% of sabdancer" which could be interpreted as a 90% difference

To reroll warrior is just as stupid as any other comment u made so far...
    Just as stupid as concerning over a 10% damage difference. Hurr durr
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.

eh? im still breaking 2k with hoko spec. spotters order nerf was at most 50dps, the only other nerf to the soul period is the whetstone nerf that went to every single last spec.

edit: the reason ppl are seeing a decrease in dps is more to do with some bugs im finding with our auto-attack turning off than anything else. it causes us to get energy capped quite often making us lose tons of dps, im having this problem in both hoko spec and sabdancer... very annoying.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 08-11-2011 at 06:12 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread