+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant aggro without doing anything?

Default Constant aggro without doing anything?

My current alt is a Bard/Nightblade/Bladedancer, and for reasons I can't seem to figure out, he's constantly pulling aggro without doing anything, or even being in initial range. I mostly duo with my gal pal (shameless plug, I know), and it's not uncommon for her to proximity aggro something... and for it to run at her for a second, then immediately turn back to me before I've done anything, or even gotten in aggro range.

I'm clueless, and not overly familiar with rogue, and we're both drawing blanks.

Sorry if I've overlooked anything, and thanks for any assistance!

Rift Disciple

Motifs up generating aggro?
    The "cervezas" rogue of Special Olympics.
    Alu - Rogue 50
    Aluh - Warrior 50
    Aluky - Mage 50
    Aluminio - lowlvl cleric (not enough stomach to raise another 50)

Soulwalker

your anthem and the motif have initial aggro

I see, thank you for the responses. That's an interesting design choice, don't recall many games where pre-battle buffing earns you instant hate and it would be nice if it was mentioned in-game (although maybe I just overlooked it).

Anyway, thanks again, that solves that mystery!

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    I see, thank you for the responses. That's an interesting design choice, don't recall many games where pre-battle buffing earns you instant hate and it would be nice if it was mentioned in-game (although maybe I just overlooked it).

Some of them "tick" every couple of seconds, it might be them. It's absolutely horrible. I usually just wait til after the pull to put up those buffs.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post

Aye the bard motiff that heals will do it for sure. Also precasting any overtime ability in EQ2 did the same unless the tank could out do the threat on pull ability.

+ Reply to Thread