+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better DPS build

Soulwalker

Default Better DPS build

I have been playing rift for around 2 months and been leveling my rogue for about three weeks im almost 50 but I'm having issues with my build I can't find a high dps build that will sustain a high dps. I have tried many different build but I can't figure out one that will sustain that dps. Can anyone help me if they have a build that I could try.

Danyp

Plane Touched

How about this: What do you want to play? Do you just want top dps, or is there a particular soul set you want to work with? Melee? Ranged? Is this for experts or for raiding?

There are several viable specs that are relatively competitive to work with, so I'm sure we can suggest one if you give some ideas of what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Caelan; 08-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Soulwalker

Well im looking for a melee for raiding and experts and.maybe for pvp. And a ranged for raids and pvp with macros if available. or attack orders thanks for the help

~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Well I tried out the sab dancer but my question is is there a better stun I know ther us a 45 that you can use but cant attack or itll break. Is there one that will last longer than the 4second one I get with assasin?

Soulwalker

This is my phone being a troll
    Last edited by Danyp37; 08-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danyp37 View Post
    Well I tried out the sab dancer but my question is is there a better stun I know ther us a 45 that you can use but cant attack or itll break. Is there one that will last longer than the 4second one I get with assasin?
    The stuns that don't break are Paralyzing Strike, Foul Play, Disengage, Dusk to Dawn, Annihilation Bomb and Concussion Charge

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    The stuns that don't break are Paralyzing Strike, Foul Play, Disengage, Dusk to Dawn, Annihilation Bomb and Concussion Charge
    So do you thing sab dancer is one of the better builds which do you prefer. And why.

Quote Originally Posted by Danyp37 View Post
    So do you thing sab dancer is one of the better builds which do you prefer. And why.
    Sabdancer is in fact the best build, as much as a lot of people hate it. It can be both ranged and melee, best single and aoe dps, incriminate and interrupt utility and able to switch targets easily due to the flow of the sabdancer rotation. The only disadvantages is has is that its damage is backloaded in its charges, meaning if you can't detonate you don't get to do damage, and the fact that a lot of a sabdancer's damage is in bleeds, so if the target dies quickly then sabdancer did very little damage. I've played and dummy parsed with just about every build that people can come up with, and sabdancer is the one I enjoy most due to its versatility.

On that note, the nightdancer, deep nightblade, deep assassin, melee ranger, and sindancer builds all do respectable damage within 300 dps of sabdancer. Ranged damage is a bit farther off, but that comes with the tradeoff of range and relative safety. But each of them has somewhat of peeve for me.

I don't like nightblade based builds because tbh I don't like fiery spike; it does a decent amount of damage and if I want to switch targets, I have to waste an entire rotation building it up again.
    I don't like assassin based builds because they become useless in long fights due to the fact that you can only stealth every 2 minutes, and stealth is where a lot of an assassin's strength comes from, although with the recent 1.4 Final Blow buff, this is not really the case anymore. I might try it again
    I don't like ranger based buillds because of the pet. Whenever it dies, my chat immediately fills to the brim with "You don't have an active pet!" and its really really annoying.
    Bladedancer's not really much of an endgame soul, but it has good supporting melee talents.
    Marksman is a pvp soul with pve utility that make some boss fights easier (the second boss in GP for example), but not really a lot of sustained damage.

It's all personal preference when it comes to rogues.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Sabdancer is in fact the best build, as much as a lot of people hate it. It can be both ranged and melee, best single and aoe dps, incriminate and interrupt utility and able to switch targets easily due to the flow of the sabdancer rotation. The only disadvantages is has is that its damage is backloaded in its charges, meaning if you can't detonate you don't get to do damage, and the fact that a lot of a sabdancer's damage is in bleeds, so if the target dies quickly then sabdancer did very little damage. I've played and dummy parsed with just about every build that people can come up with, and sabdancer is the one I enjoy most due to its versatility.

On that note, the nightdancer, deep nightblade, deep assassin, melee ranger, and sindancer builds all do respectable damage within 300 dps of sabdancer. Ranged damage is a bit farther off, but that comes with the tradeoff of range and relative safety. But each of them has somewhat of peeve for me.

I don't like nightblade based builds because tbh I don't like fiery spike; it does a decent amount of damage and if I want to switch targets, I have to waste an entire rotation building it up again.
    I don't like assassin based builds because they become useless in long fights due to the fact that you can only stealth every 2 minutes, and stealth is where a lot of an assassin's strength comes from, although with the recent 1.4 Final Blow buff, this is not really the case anymore. I might try it again
    I don't like ranger based buillds because of the pet. Whenever it dies, my chat immediately fills to the brim with "You don't have an active pet!" and its really really annoying.
    Bladedancer's not really much of an endgame soul, but it has good supporting melee talents.
    Marksman is a pvp soul with pve utility that make some boss fights easier (the second boss in GP for example), but not really a lot of sustained damage.

It's all personal preference when it comes to rogues.

Well thamks for the insite im using the sabdancer now and I was having way to much fun today. What guild do you run withwould definately love to run a raid or dung one day

+ Reply to Thread