+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best rogue leveling build?

Default Best rogue leveling build?

So i've almost levelled my mage to 50 (only a couple of levels left) and am thinking of levelling a rogue next. However, I don't know anything about rogues. So I need to know of a good leveling for them. Any ideas?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wOlfLinG View Post
    So i've almost levelled my mage to 50 (only a couple of levels left) and am thinking of levelling a rogue next. However, I don't know anything about rogues. So I need to know of a good leveling for them. Any ideas?
    The easiest way to level is to get enough points into Riftstalker so that you get the healing-on-unused combo points and then to pair it with bladedancer and assassin. This gives you pretty good ability to go from mob to mob to mob without any downtime, and having bladedancer allows you to do some AOE to kill 2-4 mobs at a time.

Basically, try to use aoe on the mobs until you notice one of them getting low. Target that one, start using combo point building abilities and then kill that mob without using a finisher. Then find the next lowest mob and repeat, only using finishers when you don't need to heal yourself.

With these 3 souls, you can keep up all sorts of passive buffs:
    Off the top of my head -
    from RS - attack power buff
    from bladedancer - +crit buff, +dodge buff
    from assassin - +poison damage buff

Probably some others that I don't remember. The dodge one is probably the most important when you are pulling 2-4 mobs, the rest probably won't increase your DPS all that well - although I have never parsed anything prior to being level 50.

Plane Touched

There are a lot of variations to the bd/asn/rs grind build, but it's been the best rogue leveling build since beta. Here's my version:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VRfx0b0z.xcbh

The most important thing is 3/3 Rift Scavenger in the Riftstalker tree. You could theoretically start using this as soon as level 13, though it really doesn't start to shine until about level 26, when it should look something like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVMp.xbdG0cMo..xcbh

After you have flash of steel, just fill out the rest of the BD and ASN trees as you like. Here's another variation I've been thinking of trying:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rfx0b0z.xcbG0o

This one loses dancing steel, but gains shadow assault and shadow stalk in addition to stalker phase and 2/3 ruthless stalker. May be a net win.

edit to add:

I found all the different finisher buffs were too much of a pain to keep up and don't really add a ton, especially at low gear levels. The only ones I really found helpful are False Blade, as the extra dodge improves your damage, and Guarded Steel for the extra armor. If you decide to juggle them though, do it in this order:

False Blade - 5% dodge (bd)
    Guarded Steel - 30% armor (rs)
    Annihilate - AP buff (rs)
    Dauntless Strike - 5% crit (bd)
    Baneful Touch - 50% poison damage (asn)
    Last edited by Caelan; 08-10-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
    False Blade - 5% dodge (bd)
    Guarded Steel - 30% armor (rs)
    Dauntless Strike - 5% crit (bd)
    Annihilate - AP buff (rs)
    Baneful Touch - 50% poison damage (asn)
    Fixed order. Straight % bonuses are much better at lower levels and lower gear; they become less necessary as you gear up.

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Soulwalker

Do you have a starting build? Im new to Rift and Tryin to figure out which soul to take first etc etc

Plane Touched

Starting as in what level? If you're going to follow this, You'll want to take riftstalker/bladedancer/assassin, in that order.

A lot of people find the first 20 levels or so much easier as a bard/ranger hybrid, however. Take bard to 8 points for cadence healing, then focus on ranger after that and let your razorbeast tank for you. This will work well, albeit slightly slower, until 23 or so when you can switch to the grinder build.

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Soulwalker

lol oh great Im lvl 14 so far assassin/bd/rs lol
    Last edited by wraithguk; 08-24-2011 at 07:35 AM.

For a leveling build.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ted-1-3-a.html

Go with the ranged build until level 26 then swap to melee

Soulwalker

Use the guide ShadyKadie linked to. Its by far the best you'll find. And then once you know your way around Rogue a bit better you can start deviating from the setup the guide gives you.

+ Reply to Thread