+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Mechanic Is Bad Game Design

Default Stealth Mechanic Is Bad Game Design

Flat out poor game design to have stealth not maxed out by default. We should not need to invest 13 talent points just to be able to use stealth.

Run speed decrease by 30% is more than enough, why also reduce stealth level by 30%?

Allow Nightblade Conceal to have 30% greater chance not to be detected by enemies as well as the 20 point Infiltrator Conceal. In fact for investing 20 points into Infiltrator I would expect that conceal to also cook for me and clean!

God, rogue's are fine the way they are.
    imo they are way better then any class ingame.
    I'd even suggest making stealth 50% speed instead of 70%.
    You think 100% walking speed while being invisible/untargetable reasonable?
    Please don't qq about stealth speeds.
    Stealth is perfect the way it is, it's actually overpowered since it's way to hard to spot people, for example at warfronts. Undetectable to most classes, exept if you aoe every second on every spot :<

And you even find it's unreasonable to put 13 points into a race to have stealth?
    You want every rogue to have stealth on level 1?
    I'd say make it a damn level 51 skill, since it's unreasonable overpowered nowadays. Or give every other race in this game stealth
    Last edited by Jabbz; 08-10-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Plane Touched

I play a rogue and I think stealth is fine the way it is. Having Slip Away and Hidden Veil makes stealth unbelievably strong.

Plane Touched

learn to assassin

On the topic of stealth:

Why does changing one ZERO point Soul to another ZERO point Soul break Stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    God, rogue's are fine the way they are.
    imo they are way better then any class ingame.
    I'd even suggest making stealth 50% speed instead of 70%.
    You think 100% walking speed while being invisible/untargetable reasonable?
    Please don't qq about stealth speeds.
    Stealth is perfect the way it is, it's actually overpowered since it's way to hard to spot people, for example at warfronts. Undetectable to most classes, exept if you aoe every second on every spot :<

And you even find it's unreasonable to put 13 points into a race to have stealth?
    You want every rogue to have stealth on level 1?
    I'd say make it a damn level 51 skill, since it's unreasonable overpowered nowadays. Or give every other race in this game stealth
    Why do Warriors get to use Plate and a Shield at level 1 without having to spec for it? Or Clerics have the ability to use Chain without having to spec for it?

So you're saying it's OK for them to have their class defining features at level 1 but it's not OK for Rogues?

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-10-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Disciple

i agree stealth is bull**** in game like this.

Ascendant

As much as I <3 Hidden Veil for protecting my stealth openers from those random Tyranny ticks (god I hate 1.4 so much for spawning so many Cabalists), it's pretty OP for it to give you 14 seconds. That's a longass time in combat timeframes. Maybe reduce it down to 4 or so; still prevents you from getting stuffed by random unlucky AoEs, but doesn't make walking through AoE's consequence-free like it is right now.

Slip Away isn't for MOAR STELTH, it's for burst or clutch control by getting a second opener on a target, or getting an opener on a second target that joins the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Stealth is bad enough that in itself. Now the real icing are skills like Hidden Viel and Slip Away.

Here's what I actually wanted to say... Awesome forums Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    Perment stealth is bad enough that in itself. Now the real icing are skills like Hidden Viel and Slip Away.

Also, if your having problems with Nysyr's Brand its cleansable with Cleanse Soul. If possible duel a Cleric friend, learn the icons and watch your buff bar in PvP.
    Last edited by Krazer; 08-10-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Stealth works fine. It's unfortunate that Assassin's really rely on stealth to be effective in PvP. I don't find it overpowered. Hidden Veil could use a small nerf down to 5 seconds. The fact we can use slip away and hidden veil with a dot on us and get a good distance away is a little silly.

Nerf Hidden Veil to 5-7 Seconds.

Stealth defines our class. We are the classes that go for healers and casters. It's our job to get in, take them out, and get out. I believe this stereotype of the class has been used for years. If you don't think it's fair, then I would ask you buff our damage, give us chain, and the ability to use 2h weapons. Of course that's just ludicrous...A bard with a 2h sword jamming away on his chute...sweet. (at that point, just reroll to the OP warrior. )

I play both classes.
    Last edited by Horadrim; 08-10-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

You all think of stealth from an Assassins PoV, they have improved stealth ed and can move at normal speed -which I do not like also stealth should be 70% movement speed.

What I think is bad game design is requiring 13 points to increase our stealth level.

I would like all Conceal abilities by default to be at the maximum stealth level -so Nightblade and Infiltrator ad Assassins all have the Improved stealth level without talents.

Conceal is a trade mark for Assassins and Nightblades and the 20 point Inflitrator should also be a bonus for some one who can use it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    On the topic of stealth:

Why does changing one ZERO point Soul to another ZERO point Soul break Stealth?

Why do Warriors get to use Plate and a Shield at level 1 without having to spec for it? Or Clerics have the ability to use Chain without having to spec for it?

So you're saying it's OK for them to have their class defining features at level 1 but it's not OK for Rogues?

- Vybz
    lol @ comparing gear to a skill

Rogues can use both their melee and ranged weapons without having to switch or do anything themselves, really. And last time I checked, stealth doesn't define what I do over half the time on my rogue... MM or bard.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Conceal is a trade mark for Assassins and Nightblades and the 20 point Inflitrator should also be a bonus for some one who can use it.
    If you ever seen anybody that has this, you should probably slap the **** out of them. Honestly, there's not much point in putting more than 15 points in Infiltrator for any reason, unless you are in serious need of filler points in your PvP spec, which would probably STILL be more useful elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    Now the real icing are skills like Hidden Viel and Slip Away.
    *hidden veal

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

It is true 2 to three of the souls out of our 8 to souls are stealth souls (only one of those is even stealth oriented.). Saddly the rogue in rifts is not just a sneaky or back stabbing class now, but is more of a lightly armored and mobile fighter or tank in all honesty. Other than the fact that stealth gives the sin the ability to choose when and where t fight you as well as ways of escaping if the tables get turned, stealth is not used much but most souls outside of the three souls that have it. Now in pvp this might be differnet but that is how a system which allowds the player to pick and choose their setup of abilities from three souls woujld go, as they would choose the best suited setup for thier style of play. Other then minor tweeks stealth does not seem that bad really compared to the other things that are going on in places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast