+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sabdancer Sabdancer Sabdancer Sabdancer!!!

Default Sabdancer Sabdancer Sabdancer Sabdancer!!!

Does it amaze anyone else that people will play one spec and one spec only simply because it does the most DPS?

If they nerfed Sabdancer tomorrow to only be the second highest DPS would anyone still play it?

Do people even watch their game when they play or do they stare at the parsers? MMO's have turned into oldschool arcade games where players stare at the scoreboard lol.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Shield of Telara

As a person who plays a rogue and happens to be the one calling the raids, I do laugh at the epeen meter. I still play the 44/20/2 sab. Why? I need to be in ranged and see everything that goes on. Would my dps be better if I were a sabdancer? YEP! Would the boss die 2 to 3 seconds quicker if I did? Yep! Would the loot change? Nope.

The only time I am really concerned with DPS meters is when we run into DPS checks. There was one with devastating bombs back in March. There is one with Plutonus and Warmaster as they have enrage timers. There is also one with Murdantix. However, with our gear level, it doesn't matter. We tell people to play what they are best at and makes sense for the raid. If we see it is an issue, ala bringing a MM spec, then we will state that they need to have a certain spec.

But to answer your question. In our guild, a few people would change if it was not #1. Me, nah.

Rift Disciple

I play sabdancer because I like explosions, and 44sab got boring. I also loathe pets, so Hoko's and ranged ranger are out, MM is very poor sustained DPS (though fun in pvp), we already have 2 bards (though I keep the spec available), Bladedancer Tri-Brid might work, but it's not just a little bit lower. May as well go MM at that point. Bleeder sin is nice, but no kaboom. NB looks fun, but I only have 5 role slots and don't want to change any of them ATM.

So sabdancer, because big badda-boom.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Does it amaze anyone else that people will play one spec and one spec only simply because it does the most DPS?

If they nerfed Sabdancer tomorrow to only be the second highest DPS would anyone still play it?

Do people even watch their game when they play or do they stare at the parsers? MMO's have turned into oldschool arcade games where players stare at the scoreboard lol.
    I played like that in WoW. I came here so I could relax with a game again and not a second job. I play what I want and if I am asked to play another I'll prolly do it but if I am told then I'll just leave.
    Last edited by Razaden; 08-09-2011 at 10:25 AM.

just depends on the new #1. no one is going to a complicated rotation spec (ie assassin) so if that is #1 and sabodancer is #2, then everyone will stay sabodancer.

if the new #1 is something cool like nightblade or bladedancer or even marksman then everyone will go to the new fotm because no one really liked saboteur anyways :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Specô
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

You can do anything in two ways:

1) to have fun
    2) to win

People make their choice. Stop forcing others to conform to your decision just because you yourself do not like sabdancer
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-09-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Think we will all be going melee rangers then.

I would love to play anything else but a melee seems I rolled the wrong class need to get my mage leveld and geared up.

In our raid we have 3-4 sabodancers one hoko and a tank and a bard. The hoko speced one goes sobodancer when there is major AoE needed the tank goes sabodancer when he is not tanking.

We used to have 3 rangers but we dont see much of them anymore.

So in thery go sabo or get lost.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    You can do anything in two ways:

1) to have fun
    2) to win

People make their choice. Stop forcing others to conform to your decision just because you yourself do not like sabdancer
    Not really sure he is telling you what to play here. He may or may not like Sabdancer but I agree with him. MMOs have turned to a max dps spec, no? NEXT!!! I think what he is getting at is play what you want and don't feel pressured to play the highest dps or fear consequences.

Play what you want cuz you pay for it and if ya don't pay for it then play what ya want just know you may not be playing the next month.

I play sabdancer because it's fun for me and gives decent DPS. I'm not obsessive about the rotation (since that would be less fun), so I'm probably not getting the very most out of it, but who cares? I'm doing just fine and it's fun for me.

So to answer your question, if they nerfed it a little, of course I'd still play it. I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaden View Post
    Not really sure he is telling you what to play here. He may or may not like Sabdancer but I agree with him. MMOs have turned to a max dps spec, no? NEXT!!! I think what he is getting at is play what you want and don't feel pressured to play the highest dps or fear consequences.

Play what you want cuz you pay for it and if ya don't pay for it then play what ya want just know you may not be playing the next month.
    What I'm trying to say is that Sozu constantly spazzes over sabdancer because he doesn't like the way its (dev intended) mechanics work. He should not be forcing his opinion of a (dev intended) mechanic on other people.

I'm sure many people play what they want to play. I just listed the two reasons why they do it.

If a guild wants you to have max dps and you want to be in that guild, why don't you? If not, get out of that guild. It's THAT simple. Trust me, it is.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-09-2011 at 10:40 AM.

I play 44/20/2 more often in HK - the utility is greater and it's a fuzz safer while learning encounters.

If I could get incrim and even reasonable sustained damage from MM, I'd rather play that honestly. Deadly Dance and Sin crit modifiers are just forcing talent investments at this point and if I were a developer I'd probably marginalize them a bit and boost basic rogue attack damage instead.

I wish there were more viable specs to compete with sabdancer. I know I wouldn't be playing it if I had an alternative that brought the deeps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that Sozu constantly spazzes over sabdancer because he doesn't like the way its (dev intended) mechanics work. He should not be forcing his opinion of a (dev intended) mechanic on other people.

I'm sure many people play what they want to play. I just listed the two reasons why they do it.

If a guild wants you to have max dps and you want to be in that guild, why don't you? If not, get out of that guild. It's THAT simple. Trust me, it is.
    Yeah not really that simple. You pay for your sub,not them. I do want to be in a guild but not if there jerks who want me to run whatever they want. Lucky enough I found a guild who manages to get stuff done and you might see a sabdancer but thats by choice. If I get into a guild where I don't have a choice then thats not where I want to be. I ain't saying be a **** but if you like a spec and it works then do it. No reason to be sabdancer if ya don't want too.

I will admit though I won't bring a crappy spec. There are limitations.
    Last edited by Razaden; 08-09-2011 at 10:48 AM.

It's really about balancing between what you personally find fun and what helps the guild most of all.

We all want to run a fun spec. We also don't want to be the guy dragging the run down and keeping the other 19 people from progressing.

I use Sabdancer (reluctantly) on certain fights where it simply makes sense. There's no need for me to be stubborn and play an inferior spec just to be different. Why should I run my single target spec on Alsbeth, when I can keep up the same single target dps AND help out the guild with Sabdancer AoE? It may not be my *preferred* spec, but it would be selfish of me not to.

No one pays your sub but you. But the moment you join a guild and want in on your runs, it's not entirely your decision anymore. You're pooling and sharing your time with others, and their success depends on individual members' ability to do their best.

On fights where it's not needed, I use my personal build, which does very well (just not quite *as* well).
    Last edited by Satiar; 08-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Crazy AE, amazing single target? I think I'll resubscribe to Sabdancer monthly, thanks.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast