+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SHould warriors be doding and parrying so much?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default SHould warriors be doding and parrying so much?

    I just hit 50, and in prestige 2. I noticed that as i switched to MM warriors seem to be dodging everything. I can only get max 3 good hits rest is...parry.parry. doge.dodge..dodge..

    Granted i thought us rogues where the ones who would have higher dodge rates than lumbering giants .

  2. #2
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabjunkie View Post
    I just hit 50, and in prestige 2. I noticed that as i switched to MM warriors seem to be dodging everything. I can only get max 3 good hits rest is...parry.parry. doge.dodge..dodge..

    Granted i thought us rogues where the ones who would have higher dodge rates than lumbering giants .
    bad game design.

    Rogues have no innate defense only dodge which is absolutely horridly scaled with dex. (So your 10% dodge is negated by pretty much any amount of hit).

    Only cooldowns.

    Warriors can block/parry/dodge all with Strength.

    But you can counter it by hitting 125 pve stat. (hit)

    125 hit = like 0 parries/dodges/blocks unless they blow a cooldown.

    again, bad game design by devs that are in way over their head.
    Last edited by Skyline; 08-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    bad game design.

    Rogues have no innate defense only dodge which is absolutely horridly scaled with dex. (So your 10% dodge is negated by pretty much any amount of hit).

    Only cooldowns.

    Warriors can block/parry/dodge all with Strength.

    But you can counter it by hitting 125 pve stat. (hit)

    125 hit = like 0 parries/dodges/blocks unless they blow a cooldown.

    again, bad game design by devs that are in way over their head.
    /hug

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    bad game design.

    Rogues have no innate defense only dodge which is absolutely horridly scaled with dex. (So your 10% dodge is negated by pretty much any amount of hit).

    Only cooldowns.

    Warriors can block/parry/dodge all with Strength.

    But you can counter it by hitting 125 pve stat. (hit)

    125 hit = like 0 parries/dodges/blocks unless they blow a cooldown.

    again, bad game design by devs that are in way over their head.
    So your saying 125 on pvp gear counts warriors parries/dodges/blocks?
    Going to have to test this.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  5. #5
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    So your saying 125 on pvp gear counts warriors parries/dodges/blocks?
    Going to have to test this.
    hit does work in pve to negate dodge/parry. as too how much i dunno. skyline is pretty angry at the game and in general is a mediocre troll so i would take his numbers with a grain of salt.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  6. #6
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    hit does work in pve to negate dodge/parry. as too how much i dunno. skyline is pretty angry at the game and in general is a mediocre troll so i would take his numbers with a grain of salt.
    He is also correct.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Warriors can block/parry/dodge all with Strength.
    Incorrect, They only gain Block and Parry from Strength. They still need Dex to get Dodge.
    Pandas - DPS Rogue (Sabdancer)
    <Disconnected>
    Dayblind
    5/5 GSB, 4/4 RoS, 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH, 3/10 HK

  8. #8
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyruski View Post
    Incorrect, They only gain Block and Parry from Strength. They still need Dex to get Dodge.
    Which they stack anyways due to lame itemization.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    hit does work in pve to negate dodge/parry. as too how much i dunno. skyline is pretty angry at the game and in general is a mediocre troll so i would take his numbers with a grain of salt.
    Spent 3+ hours testing. He is correct. My shots land more warrors not as a pain in the *****. 25% hit or 125 works wonders.

    Thank Skyline
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 08-07-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Does this mean it might be better to MM in PVE gear with hit on it? I have the same problem with warriors, non stop parries and dodges.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elipse View Post
    Does this mean it might be better to MM in PVE gear with hit on it? I have the same problem with warriors, non stop parries and dodges.
    I would consider it yes. No hit i got parry parry parry on warriors. With hit it made a world of difference. Seems when I went full pvp gear I did not noticed the effect it had on me. Explain why crap keep getting parried and dodged.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    hit does work in pve to negate dodge/parry. as too how much i dunno. skyline is pretty angry at the game and in general is a mediocre troll so i would take his numbers with a grain of salt.
    No he just plays a silly useless rogue calling, I understand his frustrations. They need to fix rogue scaling, and take hit outta pvp.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    That was really usefull, with what little resources i managed to get 70 hit rating and i specced into 2% hit. it is somewhat helpful. I just ignore warriors for the time being now until i hit 125 hit.

    I hope trion does improve our scaling with Dexterity. or add something so that we only need say 5% hit to hit any player.

  14. #14
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    i'm just a troLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

    i'll take mediocre as a complement.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabjunkie View Post
    That was really usefull, with what little resources i managed to get 70 hit rating and i specced into 2% hit. it is somewhat helpful. I just ignore warriors for the time being now until i hit 125 hit.

    I hope trion does improve our scaling with Dexterity. or add something so that we only need say 5% hit to hit any player.
    Are you noticing a difference at 70 hit? or is 125 the magic number for some reason?

    I'm fully r4 pvp gear including weapons, I get tons of misses and parries. I didn't want to have to raid in order to compete in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts