+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pet Question

Default Ranger Pet Question

Ever since 1.3 came out, I have had some trouble with my pet during raids. I have to admit, although it isn't the top DPS spec out there right now, some times I choose to use Sozu's Ranger Guide spec in GSB and in ROS for raids. I noticed that since the 1.3 patches, my pet is not responding to the commands that are set on the pet bar and in macros.

During some fights in GSB like Infiltrator and Hylas where the melee are to evacuate melee distance for a moment, I find that my pet doesn't trigger when I switch it to passive or use a stop attack in my macro (I know "stop attack" isn't the actual command, just used it to explain). My pet continues to ignore my commands until the boss uses his/her spell and the pet dies in the process, leaving me to resummon, or in some cases unable to re-summon because it would take too long.

Again, on the Alsbeth encounter, my pet continues to ignore the commands I use on the pet bar; this time, it has to do with the attack command. Once Alsbeth flies up into the air, my pet just stands there in the middle, no matter how many times I click the attack button or Ctrl+1. If I want it to attack, say a pillar, it refuses. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but maybe there is a fix?

And no, don't flame cause I am not using the most optimal DPS spec for the encounters, I have 5 specs and they are all used for a purpose. I wish I could have more specs, but Trion only gave 5 slots.

Sorry, put the wrong name, it isn't Infiltrator, it's Duke. Couldn't edit the post fast enough before I realized the name I put.

+ Reply to Thread