+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attack Power or Physical Crit?

Default Attack Power or Physical Crit?

Hi.

I am having a tough time lately. I am "grinding" sourcestones to buy some lesser essences and while doing raid rifts I have won some lessers. Those lessers got Attack Power bonus. The ones I want to buy, got Physical Crit Bonus.

So what set will be better for ranged dps for raids? PC or AP? Decision is kinda hard, because I want to buy also tanking set (which is another 80 sourcestones)

Champion of Telara

Simple answer: Different specs scale differently.

To make your life easier.

It totally depends on your overall gear, and in a couple of weeks with the 1.4 change the decision is easier.

You want to be at 1k Crit rating yourself no buffs, just your gear and %dex talents

Once more, not talking a % here but crit rating itself, after that its all attack power.

Thats how its gonna be in a couple of weeks/late august, so better be ready than changing everything after.

But to give you a general idea because i dont know your gear level, try to have 40-45% critical yourself, talents or not, depending on the spec..As example melee rangers have +10% Crit..Others have only +5% from the sin, therefor depending you want to be around 40-45% crit, i use 45% since forever cause that way i have 60-63% in raids by default just works for me.
    Last edited by potis; 07-18-2011 at 03:44 AM.

At the moment my dps gear is a mix of T1, T2 and T3 During raids I play mainly as a Bard, but I have two Rdps roles just in case: Marksman and Sozu Ranger (still trying to decide which to use as a main dps sepc). So I need essence setup that will be good for both Bard and rdps.

Champion of Telara

Attack power is the way for you then since you are mainly bard.

Ok,

And which rdps build will be better for high AP? Sozu Ranger or Marksman?

Champion of Telara

There is no such thing as a Marksman DPS build, unless you wanna be carried it just doesnt cut it, only place Marksman is useful is at Uruluuk purging buffs faster than other classes with Eradicate.

The only Ranger based ranged build is "Sozu's" so you dont really have a choice.

Either that or ranged Sabo, aka 44Sabo/20 sin/2 ranger.

OK. Thank You for help

+ Reply to Thread