+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello my fellow Merchants of Death. Requesting Thoughts on a CC focused PvP spec

Shadowlander

Default Hello my fellow Merchants of Death. Requesting Thoughts on a CC focused PvP spec

Hey there people,

Im back pvpn from my warrior pr5 (way too easy to play now) and my p4 Cleric (meh). When i left out with my rouge i was 1/2 to r6 and i mostly used my 51sin-15-Inf spec, 44mm-22-sin for the open fields, but now i want to help keep warriors in check and off the healers since i mostly pug.

Now i have been messing around with Saboteur and the CC and Flag Denial is awesome imho. Im really happy with 38 pts into sab and then the question becomes A) Do i get myself some def with Rs, or the defensive side of Inf? B) Increase the Dps of the sabo abilites or C) Go with Sabo and another sould with cc like maybe ranger?

At any rate my main goal here is to keep the melee on the opposite side locked down for as long as possible. Any Suggestions would be great.

Shadowlander

Default someone has to have

a comment :P

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by seraph-im View Post
    Hey there people,

Im back pvpn from my warrior pr5 (way too easy to play now) and my p4 Cleric (meh). When i left out with my rouge i was 1/2 to r6 and i mostly used my 51sin-15-Inf spec, 44mm-22-sin for the open fields, but now i want to help keep warriors in check and off the healers since i mostly pug.

Now i have been messing around with Saboteur and the CC and Flag Denial is awesome imho. Im really happy with 38 pts into sab and then the question becomes A) Do i get myself some def with Rs, or the defensive side of Inf? B) Increase the Dps of the sabo abilites or C) Go with Sabo and another sould with cc like maybe ranger?

At any rate my main goal here is to keep the melee on the opposite side locked down for as long as possible. Any Suggestions would be great.
    The DR on CC effects kinda make the efficiency of the kind of build you are talking about so-so at best. You can work a couple CC effects into most builds to help peel DPS off of your healers in emergencies, but all in all, I prefer the kind of CC that leaves a corpse.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Shadowlander

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    The DR on CC effects kinda make the efficiency of the kind of build you are talking about so-so at best. You can work a couple CC effects into most builds to help peel DPS off of your healers in emergencies, but all in all, I prefer the kind of CC that leaves a corpse.
    Well Then im looking for something where i can stand back with the healers (mind you this is pug wfs and open world) to help them against the onslaught of the melee trains with the easy-mode warrios nowadays. Maybe just a spec with 0 Sab for the snare?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by seraph-im View Post
    Well Then im looking for something where i can stand back with the healers (mind you this is pug wfs and open world) to help them against the onslaught of the melee trains with the easy-mode warrios nowadays. Maybe just a spec with 0 Sab for the snare?
    44 Sab/22 Sin/XX would give you a fair number of CC options. Adhesive Bomb, Annihilation Bomb, Blinding Powder and Foul Play for on-demand CC, plus the various charges and still give you considerable DPS and kill power.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Plane Walker

^ don't forget choking gas bomb

Shadowlander

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    44 Sab/22 Sin/XX would give you a fair number of CC options. Adhesive Bomb, Annihilation Bomb, Blinding Powder and Foul Play for on-demand CC, plus the various charges and still give you considerable DPS and kill power.
    Sounds good ill give it a shot

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    ^ don't forget choking gas bomb
    Yeah im really starting to like that

I cant decide which is better with carpet bombing tho the choking gas or the anni bomb

+ Reply to Thread