+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Assassin/Nightblade Build

Soulwalker

Default Marksman/Assassin/Nightblade Build

Hi everyone. Normally, I run the Ranger Hybrid spec, but I was looking for something that had a little more oomph to it, without relying on a pet, that can die in combat, to add that extra DPS (not to mention the chat box spam if you summoned a companion before the pet >.<). I'm not really exceptional at explaining things, but if you have any questions about the build, I will answer them. Also, any constructive feedback is appreciated.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VzAudo.0VMcx0b

Macro 1

#show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Macro 2

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

Macro 3

#show Fan Out
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Crossfire
    cast Fan Out

Rotation for this build is pretty simple. Treat it much like you would as playing a MM because, heh, that's what you are! :P

Standard combo of Strafe/Rapid Fire Shot and Improved Hit and Run combo, of course, but the one thing that should be maintained is Expose Weakness. This will give you that extra bit of damage, however slight it may be.

Weapon Enhancements should be Hellfire Blades and Lethal Poison. Both have a proc effect on them that will benefit you, on top of the damage they already do.

This was build was made with the idea of being in a group, and trying to maximize (if possible) the damage output at the risk of losing the utility that other MM abilites, such as Static Shock and Repelling Shot offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedyne View Post
    Hi everyone. Normally, I run the Ranger Hybrid spec, but I was looking for something that had a little more oomph to it, without relying on a pet, that can die in combat, to add that extra DPS (not to mention the chat box spam if you summoned a companion before the pet >.<). I'm not really exceptional at explaining things, but if you have any questions about the build, I will answer them. Also, any constructive feedback is appreciated.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VzAudo.0VMcx0b

Macro 1

#show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Macro 2

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

Macro 3

#show Fan Out
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Crossfire
    cast Fan Out

Rotation for this build is pretty simple. Treat it much like you would as playing a MM because, heh, that's what you are! :P

Standard combo of Strafe/Rapid Fire Shot and Improved Hit and Run combo, of course, but the one thing that should be maintained is Expose Weakness. This will give you that extra bit of damage, however slight it may be.

Weapon Enhancements should be Hellfire Blades and Lethal Poison. Both have a proc effect on them that will benefit you, on top of the damage they already do.

This was build was made with the idea of being in a group, and trying to maximize (if possible) the damage output at the risk of losing the utility that other MM abilites, such as Static Shock and Repelling Shot offer.
    parses? /char
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Soulwalker

Time: 02:08 Raid DPS:731 Skyedyne :731 This is with the MM hyrbrid spec I posted.

Time: 02:04 Raid DPS:716 Skyedyne :716 This is with the Ranger Hybrid Spec.

I know they aren't as high of numbers that usually get posted on here, but it is what I am at currently, and looking to improve on that number.
    Last edited by Skyedyne; 07-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedyne View Post
    Macro 2

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Hasted Shot
    Why are you putting hasted shot in the macro? correct me if im wrong but because deadeye has no cooldown its always going to use deadeye instead of hasted is RFS is on cd

In case you're moving, then Hasted will go off.

Plane Touched

I am pretty sure that if you use Deadeye shot over Hasted Shot u loose dps due to the casting time/higher energy cost. Onlu use deadeye duting imp.Hit&Run.

I still suggest you give up this build. Both the ranger (31ra/17as/18mm) and sab (44sab/20as/2ra) ones are much better dps if you wanna stick to range. Your build can not match them, whatever the case.

But honestly why restrain yourself to ranged dps? Melee specs are better.
    Last edited by Pyrah; 07-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Ty all for the responses. Yes, the hasted shot is for when you are on the move. As for Deadeye, I didnt realize the loss of dps due to casting time in normal rotation. I'll have to consider that next time.

My preference is typically at range, but I also run a Nightblade role too, so I run both melee and ranged as the need arises.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    In case you're moving, then Hasted will go off.
    oh kk thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    I am pretty sure that if you use Deadeye shot over Hasted Shot u loose dps due to the casting time/higher energy cost. Onlu use deadeye duting imp.Hit&Run.

I still suggest you give up this build. Both the ranger (31ra/17as/18mm) and sab (44sab/20as/2ra) ones are much better dps if you wanna stick to range. Your build can not match them, whatever the case.

But honestly why restrain yourself to ranged dps? Melee specs are better.
    also you only lose dps if your energy stays at 100 also ranged dps has alot less stress (and lag) than melee imo.

I've been playing this exact spec for at least a month, Its worked well and i can see great numbers even without a pedestal, I suggest if you have the Codex Trinket o make a macro On Bull's eye to activate it at the same time, This spec is viable in PvE and PvP, Rapid Fire/Hasted shot macro will be better imho and it will cover the needs of running away in PvP Situations.
    You wont see the numbers you see while having 51 MM and sniper pedestal but you will keep better damage all around without a pedestal in general, It works even better with a high crit sigil to get the most out of Magnify Pain talent ;)

Best regards
    Agonoize-Whitefall

Rift Disciple

Having been playing around with marksman builds for a bit to find ones I like. I will not go less then 44 on a heavy MM dip build. Eradicate is just that dang useful even in raids.

I also have a second macro for empowering I use.
    #show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Improved Hit and Run
    cast Empowered Shot

I put that in a slot right next to deadeye shot. Use that then use reload quiver and you have some serious burst dps.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I just hit 50 on my rogue have run a few experts (t1's) I am in mostly blues some greens and one epic.. in other words my gear is pretty poor.

This is my favorite build just love how it plays. I do about 500-600 single target DPS with it. I'll try to get some parsers.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Also the ration I use:

Try and keep expose weakness up the whole time.

Empowered Shot
    Barbed Shot
    Swift Shot x2
    Rapid Fire Shot

Strafe
    Dead Eye Shot

When it comes to Bull's Eye and Quick Reload I usually use them when I feel the timing is right. Mostly at the start of the fight. Bull's Eye of course on your finisher. I'll also use them after I popped my cooldowns.. that way I can reuse my cooldowns right when they wear off.

Honestly not sure if other people play the soul this way I have yet to look up information on it.. just going by the fact I just hit 50 and in blues/greens that are for level 45ish.. I am doing over 500 DPS.. I figured I was doing something right. But hell who knows I could be doing something wrong and be able to push more DPS then I am now.

As for AoE:

Lightning Fury (keep the DoT up on mobs)
    Cross Fire
    Fan Out Spam!

Also make sure you are back far enough so your cross fire doesn't knockback.. tanks seem to get upset. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    I am pretty sure that if you use Deadeye shot over Hasted Shot u loose dps due to the casting time/higher energy cost. Onlu use deadeye duting imp.Hit&Run...
    This is old information. Deadeye Shot was buffed considerably in patch 1.2, and is now worth casting if you have the time to stand still.

Refusing to use Deadeye Shot and instead only using Hasted Shot means a loss in DPS.

+ Reply to Thread