+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source Engines For Rogues?

Soulwalker

Default Source Engines For Rogues?

Obviously I know that we want them for the stats. The question I have is...how many of them do I need?

The answer may come down to what stats are considered 'ideal' for different builds/roles. I am thinking I will need 1 for my ranged DPS build and 1 for my tanking build. After that I am not sure. Will I need different ones for PvP builds, mellee dps builds or even multiple engines for different types of mellee builds?! (my god I hope not but who knows!?)

Might be a noobsauce question overall but I AM noobsauce so it's all good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeloz View Post
    Obviously I know that we want them for the stats. The question I have is...how many of them do I need?

The answer may come down to what stats are considered 'ideal' for different builds/roles. I am thinking I will need 1 for my ranged DPS build and 1 for my tanking build. After that I am not sure. Will I need different ones for PvP builds, mellee dps builds or even multiple engines for different types of mellee builds?! (my god I hope not but who knows!?)

Might be a noobsauce question overall but I AM noobsauce so it's all good I guess.

life, water, pvp, bis

and atanking one..
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 07-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Shadowlander

Right now the vendor lessers are all BestInSlot for DPS, no matter what build u use. If you want to stack only crit u can do that but once u have enough Tier3 gear you want a good mix of AP in there.

Flowing River 81
    Eastern Winds 80
    Woodland Hunt 80
    Burning Spark 79
    Sharp Crystal 77
    Western Winds 77

Smoldering Spark 75
    Rushing River 75

For tanking I give priority to Endurance and dodge, and I use the two greaters from RaidRifts to generate insane agro. (primordial faeshard and screaming stormshard)
    Last edited by KazMike; 07-17-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

Quote Originally Posted by KazMike View Post
    Right now the vendor lessers are all BestInSlot for DPS, no matter what build u use. If you want to stack only crit u can do that but once u have enough Tier3 gear you want a good mix of AP in there.

Flowing River 81
    Eastern Winds 80
    Woodland Hunt 80
    Burning Spark 79
    Sharp Crystal 77
    Western Winds 77

Smoldering Spark 75
    Rushing River 75

For tanking I give priority to Endurance and dodge, and I use the two greaters from RaidRifts to generate insane agro. (primordial faeshard and screaming stormshard)
    dont believe they were asking about essences
    Blakjak

Shadowlander

He wanted to know how many source engines he needed.. My answer is that he only needs 2.
    1 for Dps and 1 for tank
    I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

Rift Disciple

well I have a bard/BD/NB spec.

either I'm a complete noob, or the healing greaters are awesome, they seem to always proc (at least until 1.4 I think) and are quite nice.

so I guess I'd say 3?

tank, dps, maybe bard?

Shadowlander

If you are a serious raid bard you will want to stack AP lessers come 1.4

Pretty sure having very high AP would benefit you more than a random proc.

RIFT Guide Writer

The question you need to ask yourself is how seriously you want to take it that you have the best source engine for each role all the time. If you are not tanking then you can get away with one. Or you might have 1 for endurance/dodge/parry tanking, 1 for each rest (life/death/earth/water/fire/air), bard one with healing greaters, dps ones for AP and crit and with different resists. Then you may want a pvp source engine since there is that new one with 50 valor in it and so on.

So 1 source engine will serve you well enough in most situations. If you are perfectionist you might want 10 or more. Or you can aim for somewhere in between.

If you are a tanking as well as dpsing you will definitely want:

Tank Engine

Life Resist Engine

Water Engine

So 3 source engines-- at minimum. For myself i have:

Life Resist Engine

Best-in- Slot Engine

Pvp Engine

Will be worknig on water as soon as they unlock it from the runegard vendors

I also occasionally bard so i have 2 healing greaters in an engine with other essences.

5 in total for me. Depending if you are tanking, barding and/or dpsing you will need a bunch. If you wanna just get by--- yes, you could just have 1 if you are only dpsing.. or only tanking but you will be missing out on the resist.
    Blakjak

Soulwalker

Ok so I have 3 roles so far with a plan to have all 5 filled eventually.

Ranger - ranged DPS
    Rifstalker - tanking
    Some form of mellee DPS
    Bard - Support
    Sin/Inf - for PvP

That's my current plan so I was assuming I would need a DPS engine (assuming mellee and ranged DPS are the same important stats), a tanking engine, a bard engine (maybe?) and a PvP engine...that is assuming I decide to get serious with all the roles eventually.

I know the world event has the +20 water resist engine and I have enough RKS's to buy a couple of those if needed and I already have the 7500 planarite for the one off the planar goods vendor...any other +resist or +stat engine I should know about to start piling all of these up?

Shadowlander

i only dps but i just have 1 with 5 lessers and the ranger greater, i dont think you actually need a resist one. planar protection is enough

Plane Walker

I have one for bard, one for DPS, one for PVP and I'm going to make one for H2O resist b/c I'm bored.

For serious raid-tanks:
    - max HP Engine
    - max life resist Engine
    - max earth resist Engine
    - max death resist Engine
    - max water resist Engine (when hammerknell opens)

For serious raid-DPS:
    - BiS (shadowfire greater if u use it... or just make two BiS for melee and range)
    - half water/half death resist with highest possible dex/crit/ap
    - half life/half earth resist with highest possible dex/crit/ap

For serious raid-bards:
    - AP Engine with Frozen Deep One Tear and Crystal-Vines
    - half water/half death resist Engine with Frozen Deep One Tear and Crystal-Vines
    - half life/half earth resist with Engine with Frozen Deep One Tear and Crystal-Vines

Guess that's enough.

+ Reply to Thread