+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Iskiab Spec - Top DPS with Energy Crystals

Default The Iskiab Spec - Top DPS with Energy Crystals

Well I go on test quite a bit to test specs, when I say quite a bit I mean a lot. I found Sab-BD before 1.2 came out and have been using that since then... but never posted it on the forums for fear it would get nerfed. Well now that classes have changed again, I want a spec named after me!

This build will be top dps in raids with class changes and energy crystals. I've done the math and tested with fervor.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0o.0ARcxof0doR

This is testing with a full energy crystals, and am not sure how it will compare leading up to getting full T2 gear.

Parse with fervor: 1636
    Sab-BD with fervor: 1669

However, with SO up there are so many dots and hits in the build it will pull slightly ahead of Sab-BD. Nothing earth shattering, but it will be higher. 1700 hits over 5 mins compared to sab-bd which is 1000 hits over 5 mins.

Macros:

#show puncture
    cast puncture
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast weapon barrage

#show Impale
    cast blade tempo
    cast impale

Initial rotation:
    Jagged strike - fiery spike - combo to 5 - Impale
    fiery spike - combo to 5 - DS
    Slip away to jagged strike when it's up

Maintain impale and cast fiery spike first after each finisher. Nothing particularly new... but it's me who's shown the build is now top dps and.... I want a spec named after me! I'd post SS of parses, but this site is annoying when it comes to posting screenshots.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Ayu
    Plane Touched

Wait from which boss is this parse taken from? Below 1700 seems bit low .. imo, and how's your gear?
    Fei @ Bloodiron
    <Purge to Win>
    Progress:

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror) --- River of Souls 4/4 (Conqueror) --- Gilded Prophecy 4/4 --- Hammerknell 10/10 Akylios World 5th --- Drowned Halls 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Well I go on test quite a bit to test specs, when I say quite a bit I mean a lot. I found Sab-BD before 1.2 came out and have been using that since then... but never posted it on the forums for fear it would get nerfed. Well now that classes have changed again, I want a spec named after me!

This build will be top dps in raids with class changes and energy crystals. I've done the math and tested with fervor.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0o.0ARcxof0doR

This is testing with a full energy crystals, and am not sure how it will compare leading up to getting full T2 gear.

Parse with fervor: 1636
    Sab-BD with fervor: 1669

However, with SO up there are so many dots and hits in the build it will pull slightly ahead of Sab-BD. Nothing earth shattering, but it will be higher. 1700 hits over 5 mins compared to sab-bd which is 1000 hits over 5 mins.

Macros:

#show puncture
    cast puncture
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast weapon barrage

#show Impale
    cast blade tempo
    cast impale

Initial rotation:
    Jagged strike - fiery spike - combo to 5 - Impale
    fiery spike - combo to 5 - DS
    Slip away to jagged strike when it's up

Maintain impale and cast fiery spike first after each finisher. Nothing particularly new... but it's me who's shown the build is now top dps and.... I want a spec named after me! I'd post SS of parses, but this site is annoying when it comes to posting screenshots.
    I used this spec for a while. So maybe you should call it the Blakjak spec---- tell ya what you can even name it the Iskiab-Blakjak Spec. >_>
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

*synergy crystals

and parses or it didnt happen
    Click above to apply
    |Guardian|Rogue|

These are dummy parses with fervor only. Yea, it's nothing new really.. but months into the game, what is new? Point is it's top dps with full T2 gear and the crystals.

I'll post parses when this site lets me. Whenever I go to post parses it gives me an error message. Crit cap hit Sab-BD hard, it was at 1750 pre-crit change.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-16-2011 at 02:47 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

These are dummy parses with fervor only. Yea, it's nothing new really.. but months into the game, what is new? Point is it's top dps with full T2 gear and the crystals.

I'll post parses when this site lets me. Whenever I go to post parses it gives me an error message. Crit cap hit Sab-BD hard, it was at 1750 pre-crit change.
    Does not compute.

Phu
    Telaran

Do you mean T2 or Raid Tier 2 gear? Synergy crystal doesn't work at all unless you have Raid Tier 2 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phu View Post
    Do you mean T2 or Raid Tier 2 gear? Synergy crystal doesn't work at all unless you have Raid Tier 2 gear.
    He also doesn't say which synergy crystal he is using or why he can't post a link to his parse on the forum. So much weird/fail/suspicious behavior in this thread.

I guess I was too quick to hit the post button and need to give more information. It's with raid T2 gear and synergy crystals. Buffs were hellfire blades and lethal poison. The synergy crystal is assassin.

AoE rotation is spamming weapon flare as well for those that don't know.

It's not suspicious behavior, I just assume some stuff would be obvious but I guess not. When talking about builds with others I'm used to using shorthand, and as a raider T2 builds generally means T2 raiding.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.

You can post parses, just host them on imageshack and paste the link here. This build isn't nearly as innovative as the sab/bd build you and kyth came up with, I've been theorycrafting something similar and I know of a few other rogues who have been doing the same :/

Let me upload parses this time, here's the parses for those who're 'suspicious' of the spec.

I agree about it being nothing new, but then again I think at this point there is nothing new that's good. Point is it's top that's been found.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Iskiab Spec - Top DPS with Energy Crystals-sab-bd.jpg   The Iskiab Spec - Top DPS with Energy Crystals-32sin11nbbd.jpg  
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-16-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Seems like BD crystal would be better with no other changes. Fiery Spike is almost certainly a DPS loss compared to Keen/Quick. I'm sure other improvements can be made.

I dont know how you parsed Sabdancer, but you should use the BD crystal with that one as well. That will most likely put Sabdancer well ahead of this one. This doesn't seem that good at all.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-16-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

i would change the positions in the macro.
    the duration of the updated puncture is longer than its cooldown. so do backstab and precision strike first to activate their cooldowns and take advantage of 1-2 ticks of the puncture-dot for free.

Rift Disciple

i thought fiery spike dosnt scale well. is it in T2-Raid-equip still viable compared to other fillers that get extra % of your AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    i thought fiery spike dosnt scale well. is it in T2-Raid-equip still viable compared to other fillers that get extra % of your AP?
    Nope. /10c

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast