+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survivable PVP DPS Rogue

Soulwalker

Default Survivable PVP DPS Rogue

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.V0xh.MVMcx0b

Hi all, just started playing Rift and am trying to plan out a good DPS Rogue for PVP and PVE alike. I started out with Bladedancer/Assassin/Nightblade and going pretty much going all the way up the Bladedancer tree, getting the crit abilities from Assassin, and just getting some of the good passive skills from Nightblade. However, it seems like Nightblade is the main tree for good DPS and I think I might want to pursue it more. Since I dropped Bladedancer, I put a few more points into Assassin to build critical rate for Savage Strike, which will be my main combo builder alongside Dusk Strike it seems like.

I thought Riftstalker might be a good substitute for Blade Dancer if I only have 13 or so points left after Nightblade and Assassin trees. Ideally, I shouldn't be getting hit that much as a Rogue so sometimes it doesn't feel worth it to have an extra 5% dodge and a few more points for small counter attacks. It seems like an added 15% attack power, more endurance (is the damage reducer Exceptional Resilience better than Endurance?) and Rift Scavenger would be better. There are lots of times where I have extra combo points left and a small heal would be nice since I'm usually not the priority for healers and PVP can be hectic. How does this build look?

I wasn't sure about skills like Melted Skin and Heat Retention. Are they noticeable and worth it? I really appreciate all feedback! I do like the Gunblade template I've seen and have found it's pretty powerful to build up combo points and soften up the enemy from a distance before moving in to finish them, but I really love to maximize crit and rip people apart.

if you want survivability in pvp, the first thing you need is a perma stealth.

Soulwalker

very good PVE build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift....0VRcxob.V0xMh

not great survivability but thats why you have different specs for PVP and PVE.

for PVP, Marksman is cool and full assassin is a lot of fun

Default Best survivability

is 44 NB. You have a total of 9 secs of total immunity and an additional 8 secs of 80 percent immunity. What you put the rest of the points in is a matter of opinion. I currently run, for survivability spec, 44 NB with 22 Assassin (perma stealth plus lots of passive damage increases) and 0 Infiltrator = Break Free.

32 Assassin plus NB and or BD is a good one too simply because the best get out of jail free card we have as rogues is likely Slip Away.
    Last edited by Shademade; 07-18-2011 at 12:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread