+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Blade of Light or Godslayer Bow?

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default Blade of Light or Godslayer Bow?

    Play Sab/BD 95% of the time. Blade of Light is the best OH or is a 2nd Relic better?

  2. #2
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Play Sab/BD 95% of the time. Blade of Light is the best OH or is a 2nd Relic better?
    All best rogue dps specs do melee dps. You benefit more from high melee dps weapons meaning you will replace Blade of Light with a second legendary (when you get it) while you wont replace Godslayer bow.

    Godslayer bow is a better investment overall (unlesss you have some weird drop rate and every rogue has a legendary bow but no dagger dropped yet).

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    All best rogue dps specs do melee dps. You benefit more from high melee dps weapons meaning you will replace Blade of Light with a second legendary (when you get it) while you wont replace Godslayer bow.

    Godslayer bow is a better investment overall (unlesss you have some weird drop rate and every rogue has a legendary bow but no dagger dropped yet).
    It was my understanding the OH only was a stat stick, or am i wrong?

  4. #4
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    It was my understanding the OH only was a stat stick, or am i wrong?
    Depends on your build.
    I am pretty sure you will run a BD build at some point which gets contribution from OH weapon (aka look at what says for PS or QS).

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Reamerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I'm a fan of the bow because no other ranged weapon comes close to it as a stat-stick, not even raid t1 relic bows. If you're melee DPS, the bow is literally the BiS ranged stat stick. The only reason you'd want to choose the melee weap instead is if you've got a relic bow or plan to pick one up for ranged DPS.
    Sanguinary < WDTEHJ >
    Rogue deeps
    17/17 Raid T1 (ROS conquerer) | 4/11 HK

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    alright thanks guys.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Get the ranged weapon no matter what. Even if you get the Verdant Archbow, you'll still use the Godslayer/Equalizer when you go melee. If the melee weapon was a fast dagger instead of a sword, then it would be closer.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    The verdant archbow proc is about 10dps raidbuffed on a meleeranger or sabdancer build. The stat difference is minor and will not make up for this.

    This is especially the case if you play a melee ranger, as you will still use your bow for a head shot every minute + the occasional quickshot. I'd say verdant archbow beats the hell out of any epic bow.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Raynald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Let`s say I am intending to ranged DPS instead (I`m the guy who does the calling out on raids for things, so I need a bit more raid awareness than staring at the mob`s ***) and am using my melee as statsticks instead. In such a situation the sword would be better, correct?

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    The verdant archbow proc is about 10dps raidbuffed on a meleeranger or sabdancer build. The stat difference is minor and will not make up for this.

    This is especially the case if you play a melee ranger, as you will still use your bow for a head shot every minute + the occasional quickshot. I'd say verdant archbow beats the hell out of any epic bow.
    I'm averaging close to 30dps off the proc playing Sabdancer, I've found that my Det's are setting off the proc, even though it isn't an attack I'm preforming at range.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critoris View Post
    I'm averaging close to 30dps off the proc playing Sabdancer, I've found that my Det's are setting off the proc, even though it isn't an attack I'm preforming at range.
    Screen or it didn't happen.
    Procc averages 10-12dps with spotter's on plut, don't think 30 is possible under any valid circumstance.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts