+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade of Light or Godslayer Bow?

Default Blade of Light or Godslayer Bow?

Play Sab/BD 95% of the time. Blade of Light is the best OH or is a 2nd Relic better?

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Play Sab/BD 95% of the time. Blade of Light is the best OH or is a 2nd Relic better?
    All best rogue dps specs do melee dps. You benefit more from high melee dps weapons meaning you will replace Blade of Light with a second legendary (when you get it) while you wont replace Godslayer bow.

Godslayer bow is a better investment overall (unlesss you have some weird drop rate and every rogue has a legendary bow but no dagger dropped yet).

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    All best rogue dps specs do melee dps. You benefit more from high melee dps weapons meaning you will replace Blade of Light with a second legendary (when you get it) while you wont replace Godslayer bow.

Godslayer bow is a better investment overall (unlesss you have some weird drop rate and every rogue has a legendary bow but no dagger dropped yet).
    It was my understanding the OH only was a stat stick, or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    It was my understanding the OH only was a stat stick, or am i wrong?
    Depends on your build.
    I am pretty sure you will run a BD build at some point which gets contribution from OH weapon (aka look at what says for PS or QS).

I'm a fan of the bow because no other ranged weapon comes close to it as a stat-stick, not even raid t1 relic bows. If you're melee DPS, the bow is literally the BiS ranged stat stick. The only reason you'd want to choose the melee weap instead is if you've got a relic bow or plan to pick one up for ranged DPS.
    Sanguinary < WDTEHJ >
    Rogue deeps
    17/17 Raid T1 (ROS conquerer) | 4/11 HK

alright thanks guys.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Get the ranged weapon no matter what. Even if you get the Verdant Archbow, you'll still use the Godslayer/Equalizer when you go melee. If the melee weapon was a fast dagger instead of a sword, then it would be closer.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Plane Touched

The verdant archbow proc is about 10dps raidbuffed on a meleeranger or sabdancer build. The stat difference is minor and will not make up for this.

This is especially the case if you play a melee ranger, as you will still use your bow for a head shot every minute + the occasional quickshot. I'd say verdant archbow beats the hell out of any epic bow.

Let`s say I am intending to ranged DPS instead (I`m the guy who does the calling out on raids for things, so I need a bit more raid awareness than staring at the mob`s ***) and am using my melee as statsticks instead. In such a situation the sword would be better, correct?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    The verdant archbow proc is about 10dps raidbuffed on a meleeranger or sabdancer build. The stat difference is minor and will not make up for this.

This is especially the case if you play a melee ranger, as you will still use your bow for a head shot every minute + the occasional quickshot. I'd say verdant archbow beats the hell out of any epic bow.
    I'm averaging close to 30dps off the proc playing Sabdancer, I've found that my Det's are setting off the proc, even though it isn't an attack I'm preforming at range.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Critoris View Post
    I'm averaging close to 30dps off the proc playing Sabdancer, I've found that my Det's are setting off the proc, even though it isn't an attack I'm preforming at range.
    Screen or it didn't happen.
    Procc averages 10-12dps with spotter's on plut, don't think 30 is possible under any valid circumstance.

+ Reply to Thread