+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'd like some tips on melee PvP

Soulwalker

Default I'd like some tips on melee PvP

I'm pretty confident in my skills as a MM/bard in PvP, but would like some help as melee. I feel my damage isnt that great. I've been running an assassin/riftstalker build. I don't know if my spec is wrong, my rotation, or something else. I'm only Prestige 2 atm, but I got some decent PvP and PvE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Monsters View Post
    I'm pretty confident in my skills as a MM/bard in PvP, but would like some help as melee. I feel my damage isnt that great. I've been running an assassin/riftstalker build. I don't know if my spec is wrong, my rotation, or something else. I'm only Prestige 2 atm, but I got some decent PvP and PvE gear.
    51 sin 15 inf 0 ranger... There are lots if videos around about ganking people with this spec but believe it or not when geared to full rank 3/4 and runed you can take groups of 2 or 3. Timing is everything. Using your different CC and choosing targets its the hardest part. Being a good sin is like art. You are squishy... But u have power and to some extent control. If diminishing returns wasn't so grouped there would be a **** ton of control. Make a mouse over macro for blinding powder. Make use of every second of CC between kills to allow blood thirsty to top your HP up, your energy to regen and cooldowns on serpent strike and backstab to reset or get close. Do not macro serpent strike learn when to use it. Macro potions and enduring brew (the dot doesn't break stealth) U will mostly be from stealth u will use expose weakness and use poison malice if its up opening with JS > PU > Imp to get your bleeds ticking. Get a few hits in, running threw people does help still. Time your stun and in the case of healing classes ur anathema for best effect. If u slip away spam expose weakness on them to buff ur bleeds and keep them in combat do the can't drink. Make sure hidden veil is up at all times and don't forget cleanse soul to drop magic dots of maybe tank that magic damage for the kill. Practice practice practice.

It's a great spec to duo with. Lots of grin on TS. Let the haters hate.

For better group utility and a more thou roll... For when I have a healer basically. I run 51nb 15 in 0 marksman. You can wreck teams with a good healer on you. The spec speaks for itself.

Telaran

and how exactly do you macro a consumable and a skill together? Never did quite figure that out lol. is it /use item name
    or?

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchme View Post
    and how exactly do you macro a consumable and a skill together? Never did quite figure that out lol. is it /use item name
    or?
    Too many macros make you inefficient.
    Last edited by Krazer; 07-15-2011 at 03:19 PM.

#show enduring brew
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast enduring brew
    use X

Same as macroing trinkets. It's just a little extra HP to be fair. You could just have the pot hot keyed.

And yeah, the guy above is right to much stuff in a macro will make you less efficient but some macro's can be handy.

Main attack:

#show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast savage strike
    cast quick shot

My Puncture macro:

#show Puncture
    suppressmacro failures
    use words of war
    cast puncture
    cast malicious strike

Then I just have a stop attack slip away macro and my mouse over blinding powder macro and that's all.

+ Reply to Thread