+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Riftstalker looking to confer.

Default New Riftstalker looking to confer.

Heya, I just bought my second Flawless Engine and decided to make a tank, already have more then enough toughness to do T1; got the standard RS/BD/Bard build 51/8/7. I just need some help with rotations.

This is what I've come up with so far.

AOE

Memory Thing behind a corner for LOS>Blitz into Pack of Mobs>Planar Attraction>Rift Disturbance>Warp back>Twin Strike (while Tabbing), keeping 3 stacks of Phantom Blow up> using Rift Disturbance when ever it is off cd.

Finishers for both Single and AOE

Rift Guard>False Blade>Rift Guard>Annihilate>repeat.

Single

Blitz>3 stacks of Phantom>Planar Strike>then on out one Phantom> Planar Strike x 4> Finisher (refer to above finisher order.

That sound anything close to being right?

Drop the twin strike from your rotation and you don't need to LOS every pull. With that being said you should use a different rotation based on LOS or no LOS.

LOS pull
    Shadow strike > Shadow Blitz > Planar switch (free CP) > Memory Recall
    When the mobs round the corner:
    Rift Guard > Rift disturbance > Planar attraction > build 3 cps > guarded steel
    Next target:
    phantom blow x2 > planar strike x3 > false blade > rift disturbance
    from here just continue to build 5 cps, refresh a buff, rift disturbance, move on to next mob

Non LOS pull
    Shadow Strike > Shadow blitz > planar switch > planar attraction > rift disturbance > Rift Guard
    from here just continue to build your buffs staring with a 3 point guarded steel, then cycle targets and continue to get your 5 point defensive buffs up.

You want to save your planar attraction for positioning the mobs, so in the LOS pull you want to wait until they get where they are going. It's not unusual to see a caster or range mob stop as soon as they get LOS on you and not be in range of your rift disturbance. If you have trouble with people dps'ing to early pulling aggro while you are getting started ask everyone to hold off until the second rift disturbance.

Also try to chain pull. So you have Guarded steel up at the start of every fight. Pretty soon you will be earning you and your group rapid assaults with out even trying.

Don't do 3 phantom blows in a row. Do one per rotation since planar strike generates more threat.

And your finisher rotation should be
    Rift Guard (3pt) > Guraded Steel (3pt) > False Blade (5pt) > Rift Guard (5pt) > Guarded Steel (5pt) > then just rotate Guard > Steel > blade @ 5pts
    I don't really use annihilate at all, you can since you should have plenty of time, but I just choose to renew my buffs constantly so I'm prepared if adds come and I need to break rotation.

Plane Walker

You'd probably lose too much hp using both a planar attraction and rift disturbance before flashing back and the planar attraction would probably be unnecessary because if your group isn't attacking you have pull aggro, aggro from your shadow blitz, and the aggro from rift disturbance which is enough to keep them off your group until you use a rift disturbance again.

For pulling the quick shot from ranger is invaluable and you get an assured 4% damage reduction but you should play around with your builds. I use 51rs/8bd/7rng and love it. I've heard people brag that they're told they're easier to heal than warriors as rogue tanks, I personally don't believe it because I plane shift which puts up rift barrier and after a mix of 2 phantom blows and a planar strike pop my Rift guard and can tell my healer is struggling to keep me up. It's not until you have 3x phantom blow, guarded steel, false blade, and rift guard up that you're about as capable as a warrior with handling melee hits. But I'd agree a rogue takes much less magic damage.

Shield of Telara

why do so many people enter with Blitz its not the best choice at all

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    why do so many people enter with Blitz its not the best choice at all
    if there is more than 1 mob it is always the best thing to jump into them with.

it also does not mess with the camera angles making it the preferred pull shifting move of many of us even in single target situations

+ Reply to Thread