+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TheoryCrafting for Ranger PvE

Default TheoryCrafting for Ranger PvE

So for all your raiding rogues out there. what do you think of the synergy crystal for rangers? as well as with the predatory soulstone (100 +AP from shadowfire) I'm thinking that if we are close to the 45%+ crit mark. we should just stack AP like crazy, :O and then with the HK bow's we'll be pulling some sexy dps :O right now I've got the gilded greatbow of the mountain and its pretty pimp. not super High DPS. about 1.2k in raid. (seen rogues with the verdant archbow pulling 1.4k+) what do you guys think? :O
    5/5 GSB 4/5 ROS 4/4 GP (Hammerknell... Someday)

If you are a hardcore ranger get the predatory soulstone as soon as possible. The crystals look to be really nice. 60% pet damage is pimp. I wish they would raise the casting decrease to 1s instead of .5s. Doesn't seem all that beneficial having .5 seconds shaved off an ability you use every 25 seconds, but hey I'll take it! I have a question though. Do you other rangers think it would be more beneficial using predatory instincts over feral once you're at the crit cap? Wouldn't it make that 3% crit increase much more valuable because of the ridiculous among of crit rating you'd have get to achieve it otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakuoni View Post
    If you are a hardcore ranger get the predatory soulstone as soon as possible. The crystals look to be really nice. 60% pet damage is pimp. I wish they would raise the casting decrease to 1s instead of .5s. Doesn't seem all that beneficial having .5 seconds shaved off an ability you use every 25 seconds, but hey I'll take it! I have a question though. Do you other rangers think it would be more beneficial using predatory instincts over feral once you're at the crit cap? Wouldn't it make that 3% crit increase much more valuable because of the ridiculous among of crit rating you'd have get to achieve it otherwise?
    Fairly certain predatory instincts is better at 50 no matter what.

Default well

atm I'm super high in AP like My AP is sitting around 550? and My crit percentage is around 38% non raid buffed. so meh. I need to stack some more crit. but I think as I get more raid gear it should be a none issue. but I think that with this synergy crystal a HK bow and a a good sigil Ranger will be come a TOP dps spec. any more thoughts guys?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I think you should stop trying to be a ranger until they make it decent. Your raid is probably tired of carrying low DPS.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-15-2011 at 07:33 PM.

LOL@that. and atm I run a melee sab rotation. and so I pull 1.2k+ in My ranger spec with My t3 bow so ish now terrible. but not as good as sab yes. this is called theorycrafting for a reason go troll elsewhere.
    Last edited by RazorRose; 07-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I think you should stop trying to be a ranger until they make it decent. Your raid is probably tired of carrying low DPS.
    As long as your raid is killing stuff why does it matter? I read these forums all the time and almost every time I see one of your posts it's criticizing or trying to pick a fight with someone. We get it. You're the best rogue ever. That doesn't change the fact not everyone likes to play whatever it is you think they should play. The day you stop being an *** clown is the day I'll stop playing Ranger. K?

Rift Disciple

My ranger does just fine in raids.

It probably has to do with ranger scaling really well with ap while I have from 1300-1500 ap raid buffed.

On a sidenote, around 1,800 dps on plutonus. And I can push it further with a few more gear upgrades.
    Last edited by deathjackal; 07-16-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Plane Walker

Ranger is just fine. The best? No, certainly not...but in a game with numbers there will always be one "highest" so I don't hang on that too much. The term "decent" is so vague as to be a completely pointless descriptor.

The actual threshold for what a DPS character needs to pull for any given fight is actually a fair bit lower than what someone might think reading these forums. Does hitting crazy DPS numbers make things go faster and occasionally easier? Certainly, but lets face it, overkill is still overkill by any other name.

The name of the game is to kill ****, take their stuff, and have fun doing it.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Ranger is just fine. <snip>

The actual threshold for what a DPS character needs to pull for any given fight is actually a fair bit lower than what someone might think reading these forums. <snip>

The name of the game is to kill ****, take their stuff, and have fun doing it.
    I couldn't agree more with your statements. We were doing warmaster with a lower DPS group than usual (some new ppl, etc) and we were wiping a bunch of times. Not because our DPS was too low (though it was lower than the previous week) but because ppl were healing the boss. Once we did the mechanic properly, we downed him no problem.

Likewise on plutonis, we downed him easily and two of our top 5 dps were rangers. If you know the mechanics and play your class properly, ranger dps is fine for all the content we've faced.

I've been preaching this for a long time now. DPS in raids is so much higher now than it was 6 months ago. The numbers people are hitting now are not "required" to complete the content. People like Dunsparrow have only been clearing content for a little while. They COULDNT clear content with lower DPS. But does this mean it wasnt possible? Absolutely not. I was clearing raid content shortly after launch when peoples DPS numbers were roughly half of what they are now. It just leaves less room for error. But how can you have less error when you have bads like Dunsparrow in your raid. Therefore some guilds DO need the higher DPS to make up for all the bads, it's just not required for competent guilds.

See how would someone like Dunsparrow NOT think they are carrying lower DPS numbers when they COULDNT beat the content before people were putting out the crazy numbers they are today?

If you're pulling 1200-1300 DPS in a raid then you are far from being "carried". I personally usually pull around 1500 on Plutonus and 1700-2000 on Herald AS RANGER.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    I've been preaching this for a long time now. DPS in raids is so much higher now than it was 6 months ago. The numbers people are hitting now are not "required" to complete the content. People like Dunsparrow have only been clearing content for a little while. They COULDNT clear content with lower DPS. But does this mean it wasnt possible? Absolutely not. I was clearing raid content shortly after launch when peoples DPS numbers were roughly half of what they are now. It just leaves less room for error. But how can you have less error when you have bads like Dunsparrow in your raid. Therefore some guilds DO need the higher DPS to make up for all the bads, it's just not required for competent guilds.

See how would someone like Dunsparrow NOT think they are carrying lower DPS numbers when they COULDNT beat the content before people were putting out the crazy numbers they are today?

If you're pulling 1200-1300 DPS in a raid then you are far from being "carried". I personally usually pull around 1500 on Plutonus and 1700-2000 on Herald AS RANGER.
    The people who do not see why ranger is the best build for a rogue are just ignorant. There is no point in trying to show them why it is the best. Fine, I will do it.

30 meter range. Dps output that is similar to melee builds. The most flexible of all the builds. And in my opinion, it is the build that scales the best with attack power. Oh yeah, you can switch to targets that need to be taken down. Armour debuff. I could keep listing off advantages over melee builds, but whats the point.

The only reason that melee builds beat ranger builds is because serrated blades gives melee builds free dps. Give rangers the serrated blades proc and all of a sudden they are top dps.
    Last edited by deathjackal; 07-17-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post
    The people who do not see why ranger is the best build for a rogue are just ignorant. There is no point in trying to show them why it is the best. Fine, I will do it.

30 meter range. Dps output that is similar to melee builds. The most flexible of all the builds. And in my opinion, it is the build that scales the best with attack power. Oh yeah, you can switch to targets that need to be taken down. Armour debuff. I could keep listing off advantages over melee builds, but whats the point.

The only reason that melee builds beat ranger builds is because serrated blades gives melee builds free dps. Give rangers the serrated blades proc and all of a sudden they are top dps.
    Meh, once again, "best" is relative. It's very well rounded, let's say that.

Melee gets a distinct edge from Serrated Blades, as well as Deadly Dance and (depending on build) Combat Efficiency.

I think most people that think Ranger is sub-par are the people who neglect their pet. Sans pet, Ranger does kinda suck.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Meh, once again, "best" is relative. It's very well rounded, let's say that.

Melee gets a distinct edge from Serrated Blades, as well as Deadly Dance and (depending on build) Combat Efficiency.

I think most people that think Ranger is sub-par are the people who neglect their pet. Sans pet, Ranger does kinda suck.
    I wish serrated blades would proc off ranged attacks. Then I would not have to hear people telling me to go sabo, even when i am only being beat in dps by 10-15% in melee friendly fights. I am actually quite confident that I will be able to close the gap further between my ranger and the sabos with a few more gear upgrades.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Quote Originally Posted by deathjackal View Post

1) single target dps is nowhere near that of melee builds
    2) the mobilty is nice, but i'll sacrifice that for an extra 500-600dps
    3) Ranger abilities have no bonus damage from AP, like most Melee souls
    4) tab target works just as good when I melee
    5) Armor debuff gets overwritten most the time by other callings
    6) Even if serrated blades proc'd from ranged attacks, it wouldn't cover the gap

now, i play the ranger soul, but in a melee fashion. I would like to play the ranged version, but trion hasnt given the soul enough mojo to keep up with other souls. It's just not there, and by the looks of it so far..doesnt seem like the ranger is gonna get an overhaul or any abilities beef'd for 1.4...kinda sad though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast