+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with PvP NB spec or potentially others

Soulwalker

Default Help with PvP NB spec or potentially others

So I don't have a ton of time to play Rift.. but I really like the game and love to pvp.. but lately I've been getting completely stomped. Granted I just hit rank 3 and have none of the gear yet. Anyway.. that aside, I've been kind of unhappy with my build as a 51 marksmen ( used mostly as a dual crappy pvp and pve build, and yes I know its a bad pvp build.. thats why I'm here). So I wanted to kind of go all in for a pvp specific build. Looking around here I've seen this build as sort of the pre 'good gear' build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ooc.tMtRqd0udo

This looks great for the type of stuff I'm doing already.. still can use ranged.. and has familiar stuff with hit and run and pedestal.. with healing debuffs as well. I understand that portion of it.. but I was curious if some people could walk me through exactly how they play this... like which poisons do you use.. what all the NB talents are about (the 9% non physical dmg sort of confuses me, isn't bow dmg physical?) and also it seems like NB utilizes a lot of melee type abilities.. how does all that come into play?

Sorry if this seems like a noobish question, but I just don't get a lot of time to play.. and don't wanna spend forever, just learning how to play a soul well... and this one especially seems confusing to me hehe.

Sez

44mm/22nb/0inf
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    44mm/22nb/0inf
    Sez, as a completely new person looking to learn Rogue can you link this build so I can see it? I want to PvP heavy with the character. Thank you!

*Tried sending you a PM but your box is full.

**Found Terk's Guide and am looking at it now.
    Last edited by Alisaut; 07-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    44mm/22nb/0inf
    I hear about this build all the time. I'm not impressed. I'm not tryin to talk **** it's just if there's some god awesome pwn combo I'm missing can someone please elaborate. The 22 points in NB can be spent in Inf and deal about the same about of damage weapon enhancements included. You've also got the cleanse soul and heal dubuff. The only thing you don't have is the slow. Kiting hasn't really been a problem for me and i can do fine with out the slow. That would also free a 3rd spec to have a few or 0 points in. BD for the dodge, RS for the kite and added damage, or even just enough points in ranger for that slow and the damage buff. I'm just not seeing this as the almighty build i keep hearing it to be. Am I missing something?

Plane Touched

If you're gonna run a mm/nb/inf spec you're better off going 19mm/32nb/15inf.

You pick up two healing debuffs, twilight shelter, SoD, D2D if you want as well.

Way more survivability and you're not so cooldown dependent.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

+ Reply to Thread