+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 NB spec? How viable?

Soulwalker

Default 1.4 NB spec? How viable?

I have been messing around with a TON of nightblade builds after seeing the 1.4 patch notes. For full damage, what are your thoughts on a build like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...htoGog0oo.xx0M

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Whats the point of getting Fell Blades and not Anathema?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Whats the point of getting Fell Blades and not Anathema?
    I mean obviously Anathema will be far superior to fell blades come patch 1.4. But every competitive NB spec will need to have 31+ points for Dusk to Dawn. The points into Assassination IMO are valid due to how incredibly powerful foul play can be after using Smother as an opener.

I just think that with the damage increases to NB and Assassins, and the decrease to overall pvp healing, (stated from the patch notes); Fell blades will be enough than more to take out a geared opponent.

I have loads of pvp experience, including 2400+arena WoW. To P6 in rift with rogues. Yes, as mentioned above, Anathema is MUCH better than fell blades, BUT time spent cleansing is time spent NOT healing. Like stated earlier, with the decrease to healing THIS may be a "crutch" for healers to overcome now.

I am open to a spec you are thinking about running. But I have always been partial to Smother>Foul Play. And have had great success with my gear thus far, and only expect this to dramatically increase.

Your thoughts?

damage can only be done when youre alive, the most important thing nb brings to the table is survivability. it is like you went just far enough into nb to miss 2 of the most important skills needed to playing a melee nb build. imo either go more sin for damage, and slip away since youll def need it with that build. or go more nb, and focus on surviving.

Rift Disciple

well, with the PTS patch notes, i think that the normal 51sin/15inf would suffice. Given the burst and debuff have been increase.

Quote Originally Posted by SaShiMe View Post
    well, with the PTS patch notes, i think that the normal 51sin/15inf would suffice. Given the burst and debuff have been increase.
    you are using gcd to apply the debuff. fell blades is always there, unless you get a pesky mm on you. I use both, and i will probably still use buff once 1.4 hits.
    Last edited by ninefourtyfour; 07-14-2011 at 11:01 AM.

I'll still use my 51 NB/15 INF build, Open with Dark Malady>Get 5 CP>SoD>Living Flame>DtD, and if still alive use Ebony Fury along with def. CD's...GG
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    you are using gcd to apply the debuff. fell blades is always there, unless you get a pesky mm on you. I use both, and i will probably still use buff once 1.4 hits.
    Same here, just wondering how they will stack, i'm guessing they wont, but it will be nice to have both incase of a purge!
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Im hoping the 40% more blazing strike dmg is meaningful, would be nice to make a spec with nb ranger and assassin that does good damage. the HK synergies crystals for nb will do TONS of dmg with the 4pc and the 1.4 changes i wager. i can foresee 2600dps easily with the new gear and spec that im thinking of in my head.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

In terms of D2D specs for PvE, you're basically looking at:

1. NB 4x / AS 18 / <X>, with RS/Sab 5-pointers potentially exceeding RA's flat crit and AP.
    2. NB 31 / AS 18 / BD 17. This would give you the best energy profile and the best individual attacks (K-P and K-Q providing superior fillers to Primal Strike+Death).

But that's all old news.

Another fun option will be:

3. NB 31 / RA 22+ / AS 11-13. This essentially drops the 20% crit damage, which is overrated by most people, for the pet that carries Spotter's. On the other hand, Spotter's doesn't scale with the gear inflation, so this will probably be a poor tradeoff in the end.

Of all these, I think #2 has the best shot at leading the NB-primary builds due to the energy profile and making use of D2D's buff for Blazing. It focuses very cleanly on pumping out Blazing/SoD spam very often.

4. The next option would be a set of non-D2D specs. The primary among these would be a variant on #3 above, with less NB maintain the crit damage from AS while getting a non-suck pet. Something like 22 NB / 26 RA / 18 AS. It would probably exceed #3 above despite dropping several marginal passives and the D2D buff, because while the 20% crit damage is overrated, it's still rather strong.

RIFT Guide Writer

I think it will be this one with Hammerknell set bonuses: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0f0ckM.0Vkcx0b
    Points in ranger can be moved around, I just put them for survivability.

The 40% buff from dusk to dawn looks really nice but there are already lots of additive bonuses on it and I don't think one more 40% bonus on it will make the build that much stronger since it's just one more in the stack. Magnify pain is surely a bigger dps increase than dusk to dawn buff.

For a non-pet build the old NB 31 / AS 18 / BD 17 should work nicely like you said.

Shield of Telara

so does this mean that the 44/22 or the 31/18/17 builds are going to be more viable again now? i love NB in pvp due to its burstiness and fell blades, etc...

Rift Disciple

I think fell blades and anatema stack in live.
    The notes for 1.4 states it doesnt stack with lingering wounds and trauma, but omits fell blades.

this spec seems interesting, but losing 105% damage on fiery spike (one of the highest damaging abilities in the nb tree) seems undoable atm.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by adema958 View Post
    I have loads of pvp experience, including 2400+arena WoW. To P6 in rift with rogues. Yes, as mentioned above, Anathema is MUCH better than fell blades, BUT time spent cleansing is time spent NOT healing. Like stated earlier, with the decrease to healing THIS may be a "crutch" for healers to overcome now.

I'd take Fell Blades over Anathema in any situation except 1v1's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast