+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how will my performance be in raids?

Shadowlander

Default how will my performance be in raids?

i am a melee dps rogue currently using the 26 sab 19 bd 21 sin spec. before the server went down i parsed about 830 dps sustained for about 5 minutes. i have around 220 hit. my question is with raid buffs will i be doing close to this in GSB boss fights? is 830 dps on a target dummy good? Im very curious because we are doing GSB tonight. Should i start looking for a different build? or is my current build good enough?

Plane Touched

That is basically the best spec you can run, assuming you are doing the correct rotation. 830 is a bit low, but it could just be your gear. Do you still use T2 weapons/bow? In a raid environment with raid buffs, you should be able to pull a solid 1k dps. If your guild is just starting to run GSB then your DPS is fine.

Shield of Telara

melee sab is a good build for GSB. overall there is not too much movement and this build is pretty forgiving to fights that require movement anyway as you can be stacking your charges on the move and det with your back turned to the mob etc.

depending on how geared you are (and since you are entering GSB for first time tonight) 830 dps on the dummy is pretty good.

Shadowlander

most of my gear is pvp oriented, r2/3 gear. im running like 500 ish dex 450 ish AP and 31.5% crit not to mention i didnt have combat preparation(40 dex) and poisons on. also my guild is 4/5 GSB and gotten down greenscale to 25%
    Last edited by Appless; 07-14-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Shield of Telara

your gear sounds about t2 equivalent so 830dps on the dummy w/o some of those buffs is decent. more experience and tweaking of your rotation will help. when you raid make sure you get whetstones and all your other consumables and buffs it will help you max out your potential.

p.s. every guild can get GS to 25% its that last phase that causes **** for ppl. more exp will get it done tho.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

just for a benchmark, with T2 gear and T2 daggers (Majolic and Spine of Hate), I am between 1375 and 1475 on Plutonis. With my consumables (stones and vial) and self buffs I hit around 1150 on the dummies.

On LGS I will usually come in around 1200 due to movement.

+ Reply to Thread