+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are some rogue abilities exactly the same??

Default Are some rogue abilities exactly the same??

Sorry, its been a LONG time since i played, and I have been roped back in for the Free week of Rift to try it out once again.

And a question I had was I remember when I was playing, a few different souls..or callings or whatever its called had Different named abilities, but were exactly the same ability....seemed kind of useless to me.

Is this still true? And why was it?

It was kindof like a rogue in wow having 2 sinister strike abilities...just with different name..but everything else the same..

Plane Touched

I guess so, the first ability in Bladedancer, Assassin and Nightblade are the same.

The reason? Because they get buffed by putting points into certain talents in the tree (Bladedancer getting 10% more damage after using Quick Strike or Precision Strike (While also allowing use of those abilities) Assassin getting 10% more crit chance and 15% more damage when attacking from behind and Nightblade having a chance to do an extra 50% of its damage in the form of some Death damage (Which is buffed by +Non-physical damage later in the tree)

So to continue your analogy it would be like a Rogue having 3 Sinister Strikes where one of them is buffed by the different trees.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

ok thanks for clearing that up!

glad its not just useless abilities slotted in there.

well, primal strike and savage strike ARE pretty useless.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    well, primal strike and savage strike ARE pretty useless.
    Because you totally just stand there when your serpent strike, puncture, and backstab are all on cooldown.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sculduggery View Post
    Because you totally just stand there when your serpent strike, puncture, and backstab are all on cooldown.
    no thats what Keen Strike, Precision Strike, Firey Spike, etc are for. So ya savage is pretty useless. There is no reason to have it in your rotation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    no thats what Keen Strike, Precision Strike, Firey Spike, etc are for. So ya savage is pretty useless. There is no reason to have it in your rotation at all.
    If you are a blade dancer, sure you use Keen Strike, Precision Strike, & Quick Strike.

BUT- If you are a fully spec'd sin with NB/inf, then savage is actually part of your rotation. Firey spike you use until there are three stacks, then you spam savage until your cd's are down.
    Tiranni- 50 Rogue (Guardian) ~ Deliryum- 50 Cleric (Guardian) ~ Feilynne- 50 Mage (Guardian) ~ Ferocity- 50 Warrior (Defiant)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    I'd like to know which spec you're using that gives you access to all of that as a 51 point Assassin.

+ Reply to Thread