+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Melee DPS - PvE

Default Rogue Melee DPS - PvE

Ola folks,

First off, i'd like to note, i am 99% of the time - tanking. the only times i dont tank is in raids or or similar sitations when there is truly no need for a second tank, or if the particular fight is ill suited for a rogue tank. so i have 1 dps spec, and need 1 that works for most bosses (IE: Single target DPS sustained).

For that reason i've cooked up a melee DPS spec for a wile, and i've found similar builds around that give me idea's and tweaks, so i've been working on it for a bit. i cant give a accurate dps i generate, but in a GSB fight on jholen - i average 800 dps before whetstones, etc...

i THINK i can get a lot more dps once my DPS gear is on par (i'm still in a mixxed t1/t2 set with even blues in it)

here is the latest "tweaked" version of this build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...osoobb.VoxzhoM

i use 3 macro's:

1 Pt macro
    #show Blade Tempo
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike

2 Pt Macro
    #show dusk strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast puncture
    cast dusk strike

Ebon Macro
    #show Ebon Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Ebon Fury

my rotation is as follows, i found this one similar like it on the internet and it seems to work great.

Initial:
    stealth (pre-pull) > Expose (pre-pull) > Malady > Fiery Spike > Fiery Spike > Fiery Spike >
    1pt (if needed for 5 combo pt) > Deadly Strike

after initial Rotation:
    Fiery Spike > 1pt > 1pt > 2pt > Deadly Strike

Ebon Fury Rotation:
    Ebon Macro > Ebon Macro > Ebon Macro > Deadly Strike > Fiery Spike (to refresh stacks) >
    Ebon Macro > Ebon Macro > Ebon Macro > Deadly Strike (Repeat until ebon fades)

idea's and suggestions:

the way i basicly use it is first start with initial, and depending on the fight, i'll immediately burn my ebon fury, or wait on the time needed to use it. (like enrage, dps race fase, etc..) or do my standard rotation.

----

Now, i'd like to know who has suggestions on tihs build? changes that would improve my sustained single target dps, or idea's to change my rotation or macro's.

i've tried the search function, but it's all sabdancer and hoko these days and neither of those appeals to me.

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

A similar spec as described in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...on-with-Parses

Worked very well for me. I just don't like Melee in PVE so never use it anymore, but it is a hard hitting single target spec that doesn't use a pet.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

im pretty sure that linked spec (the rotation is about the same as mine more or less) would result in a lower overall dps with the same gear.

i had that exact spec as well initially, but changed the 20 to 18 in NB so i could get longer durations on my blade tempo, to sustain dps wile not in Ebon fury. the 4 seconds extra basicly mean a full cycle of phystal damage adding 30% on top.

also, idea's on the AP:CR ratio i should go for are welcome! i'm currently going safe-side and high on the AP (500 base) before stacking crit (700 base). this is excluding buffs.

no one with suggestion on improving the spec, rotation, etc?

Shadowlander

Have rogues finally been buffed? Cause last I knew rogues where still the worse pve dps in the game.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    no one with suggestion on improving the spec, rotation, etc?
    31 Ranger 18 Sin 17 BD

Macro all your melee abilities into one, and have Head Shot and Deadly dance on the other macro.

Summon Raptor, and take advantage of spotters.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

ye, how about no to hoko or pets? :P
    i meant idea's (As clearly obvious) to improve sin/bd/nb spec.

as for rogues being worst DPS in raids...
    even with my sub-par gear for DPS, i still pull well into the top 5 most days. our DPS rogues with the actuall gear pull right there with warriors.

...and they can switch to ranged or melee as needed to boot.

so ye, idea's welcomed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    im pretty sure that linked spec (the rotation is about the same as mine more or less) would result in a lower overall dps with the same gear.

i had that exact spec as well initially, but changed the 20 to 18 in NB so i could get longer durations on my blade tempo, to sustain dps wile not in Ebon fury. the 4 seconds extra basicly mean a full cycle of phystal damage adding 30% on top.

also, idea's on the AP:CR ratio i should go for are welcome! i'm currently going safe-side and high on the AP (500 base) before stacking crit (700 base). this is excluding buffs.
    i had your spec when 1.2 launched, and found more dps on boss fights with 20 in NB. the little extra damage with fiery spike and dusk strike, as well as getting smoldering blades leads to slightly more dps than 4 extra seconds with blade tempo and having to use virulent poison (or lethal if no other rogue is using it). especialy since you'll be using fiery spike and dusk strike while under the effects of blade tempo, which does nothing for those 2 abilities.

+ Reply to Thread