+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warriors forcing me into 44 NB

Telaran

Default Warriors forcing me into 44 NB

Like most of you I find myself experimenting with builds for pvp. Everytime I find an interesting build that I think may work, I run into a warrior that just mows me down. Eight hundred valor and I see my hp's go from full to 20 percent life in seconds. I've gone from full to 10 percent in a bull rush stun with breakfree down. Out of sheer habit I actually hit twilight transcendence as soon as a warrior charges me.

I love all the non- 44 / 38 nb builds I come up with and there viable against everything but warriors. When I enter a dex or a black garden, I now scan the amount of opposing warriors to decide on my spec.

Rift Disciple

Its doable you just need to have everything go your way. Its OK tbh as long as Rogues are pure caster counters. After 1.4 I hope that would be the case.

A warrior that charges you? He sees you? hmm Right there is the problem Slip Away...oh wait your NB Then as NB stay with a group

sounds about right.

51Sin/15BD or 44NB/22Sin: Warrior loses. Every single fight. Whatever his spec is.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Shadowlander

51sin/15inf/0rng jagged>puncture>stun>serpent>impale>slip away see your war die.

If you need when is low life assassinate and kill him.

I have problem only when parry my stun.
    Last edited by sentenza; 07-14-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sentenza View Post
    51sin/15inf/0rng jagged>puncture>stun>serpent>impale>slip away see your war die.

If you need when is low life assassinate and kill him.

I have problem only when parry my stun.
    Relying on a 2 min cooldown to run a one-time damage rotation doesn't count as viable to me. Plus, I don't consider watching a warrior die over 10 to 15 seconds after a slip away as viable. Your assuming no other toons in the area to throw out a heal or the warrior downing a healing potion. I went back to my old 51Ass 15 BD spec I used between rank 1 and rank 3 earlier this morning, and it was somewhat fun but as soon as I was targeted in group pvp, I went down fast even with 800 valor.

Ascendant

No one use the Infiltrator soul for PVP? Worth it or not? I've currently got 21 points in it and it seems to help my DPS and reduce the damage I take a bit. Of course, you have to give up valuable points elsewhere, but overall it works OK for me.

Plane Touched

15infil/25asn/26bd 1v1 w/o slip i can beat most sub rank6 warriors w/o using side steps. Disarm and disarm immunity are crucial if you do not want to bleed out every warrior you see.

Rift Disciple

I use the 51sin/15inf build in dex/bg, and I can easily kill most warriors when I get the open. The only time I wouldn't get the open is if the fight includes more than one enemy, in which case I have no business winning by myself anyway (even though it is possible - in reality no spec should be able to win 3+v1). Or when I start with low health.

Serpent strike + bleeds eat right through warrior health.

I'd like to question, though, why tank warriors in PVP are able to "block" ticks of my bleeds. That makes about as much sense as allowing self-healing tank specs in PVP to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sculduggery View Post
    I use the 51sin/15inf build in dex/bg, and I can easily kill most warriors when I get the open. The only time I wouldn't get the open is if the fight includes more than one enemy, in which case I have no business winning by myself anyway (even though it is possible - in reality no spec should be able to win 3+v1). Or when I start with low health.

Serpent strike + bleeds eat right through warrior health.

I'd like to question, though, why tank warriors in PVP are able to "block" ticks of my bleeds. That makes about as much sense as allowing self-healing tank specs in PVP to begin with.
    lol nb.

51 Sin/ 15 Inf / 0 Rng = everyclass is dead in 2 secs
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

Anything past 32 Sin is wasted points in my opinion.

19 points for one extra skill? Ugh.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Anything past 32 Sin is wasted points in my opinion.

19 points for one extra skill? Ugh.
    That would be understandable if it were true. Instead, you're also getting very useful talents in Hidden Veil and Poison gas as well as increased damage/crit on openers (Subterfuge and Advanced Flanking), increased poison damage and proc rate (Poison Potency and Poison Mastery), and increased damage dealt / decreased damage taken by 15% for 10 seconds after using an opener (Cloak and Dagger).

All of that seems like such a waste of points in order to access the best cp builder in the game.

Plane Touched

That would be understandable if it were true. Instead, you're also getting very useful talents in Hidden Veil and Poison gas as well as increased damage/crit on openers (Subterfuge and Advanced Flanking), increased poison damage and proc rate (Poison Potency and Poison Mastery), and increased damage dealt / decreased damage taken by 15% for 10 seconds after using an opener (Cloak and Dagger).

All of that seems like such a waste of points in order to access the best cp builder in the game.
    And of that you get the majority of the goods with 32 points. Minus Hidden Veil, Poison gas, and serp strike. poison proc/dmg isn't worth the 8 points not sure why you would even list that as a major bonus.
    Last edited by kyth; 07-14-2011 at 09:18 AM.

You get everything you could possibly want at 32 points.

There are so many goodies you can get in other trees for those points.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast