+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's *your* game plan as a MM in Codex?

Default What's *your* game plan as a MM in Codex?

How you you play Codex as a marksman in a PuG?

For me, I generally head to Dex and snipe from the rocks, keeping people from capping the flag or assisting the melee folks down below.

If we lose Dex, I look to see if the group comes back to retake it. If they start farting around all over the map, I generally switch to my Assassin and start picking off enemy players as I find them, and taking Vault and Statue.

Sez

I shoot bad guys.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I find a healer and where ever they go, I go. I try to keep the bad guys off of them and hopefully they, in turn, will keep me alive.
    Kazuko - Defiant Rogue - Dayblind
    Kyber - Defiant Cleric - Dayblind
    Jo - Defiant Warrior - Dayblind

If I recognize that my team is full of the daily failpugs who somehow are unable to learn from their previous mistakes, I just go to vault and stay on the bridge to lulzpunt people into the water and shoot them to death.

If not, grab redball on the way to dex, stealth over to their cliff and wait for their people to engage in, then stun and punt their healers off the cliff face into the melee below.

Raynald,

I'll have to try that stealth over and Repel Shot idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    Raynald,

I'll have to try that stealth over and Repel Shot idea.
    Depending on their position you can also repelling shot them off the side, completely taking them out of the fight.

Yeah that too, but usually they're standing on that lip that protrudes out so I rather punt them into the fight. Especially with warriors these days... >_>

Ascendant

Going rambo style is always fun in pugs. Run up your side of the rocks while mounted, do a jump 180 retreat across the codex gap, pray to god you land on the rock (its actually pretty difficult to line up perfect) then punt a few off.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Rift Disciple

I immediately switch to saboteur.

Ascendant

Sab in dex? Too spread out for sab / bard to feel effective for me.

I usually send in a warrior to pass a massage that im coming and they all just run in fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Ascendant

I send in my GF who plays a cleric to tank all 15 of them at codex while I steal the other nodes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jural View Post
    How you you play Codex as a marksman in a PuG?
    1. Stand on the rock and look for guardian healers (who usually are standing on the opposing rock). Take them down with hit and run (Empowered shot x3 and then Deadeye). By the time they realize it's me shooting at them they have 10% health. If I can't kill them, I take them out of commission for a few seconds, which makes a difference.

2. Use "crossfire" and "fan-out" on the mob below (the liberal use of these attacks usually puts my DPS near the top). From there, the warriors on the ground by the flag have an easy time with the rest of the mob.

This usually works until a Sin from the other side sneaks up behind me and takes me down (if there's another MM on the rock with me, we can usually take him out). Sometimes a warrior will get on the opposing rock and bull rush his way across to me. However, I can usually knock him off the rock before he two-shots me.

I rarely try to ninja the vault anymore. I've realized it's not worth the trouble.

Rift Disciple

switch to sin and solo vault the entire game

Soulwalker

hmm i havent tried pushing people too much since when i used to spam the push back expecting to lol at the people being pushed back, they were never pushed back. mustve been something i didnt have then, ill have to try push back more often

+ Reply to Thread