+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reworkd Sabdancer build..Need help!

Default Reworkd Sabdancer build..Need help!

The build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xsfzzbR.VV00Vb

The rotation is a bit much and probably not perfect but this is the reason I'm coming to the Rogue Community.

Rotation:

Opener: Stealth: Jagged, Keen, Precision, Impale

1st: Spike x4, Keen, Deadly : Spike x1, Detonate
    2nd: Precision, Backstab, Keen, Quick, Deadly
    3rd: Puncture, Backstab, Keen, Quick, Impale or Puncture, Keen, Backstab, Quick, Impale(Backstab CD)

I've been playing around with the sab/bd/sin souls and stumbled on this..Its all single target and im posting it so I can get some help with rotation, changes to the build(Keeping 32 in sin for Impale) or is that a straight dps loss. I havent had much time to do alot of testing on it to try and fine tune, so maybe some others can give it a go. The highest parse I managed was about 1,250 on boss dummy self buffed with using a tablet. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sez

I don't run sabdancer, but I know you have too many points in Assassin.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

The point of sabdancer is to power up the charges. If most of your rotation is assassin anyway, you might as well go the traditional nightdansin. It will give you the same or more parse than this current build.

Soulwalker

I like the idea of this build having a lot of really heavy bleeds. I've taken a look at your rotation basically trying to maximize the 3 bleeds of impale, puncture, and spike charge while still taking advantage of a double deadly dance charge rotation. Here is what I came up with:

Puncture, Keen, Precision-Impale
    Spikex4, Backstab (or something)-Deadly
    Puncture, Spike-Detonate
    Blastx5-Detonate
    Repeat

A good opener would use Jagged strike with spikes, deadly strike into a full spike detonate. I think the major shortcomings of this rotation is that it feels like spike isn't up as much as it could be and that you clip puncture a little bit each time you use it. The backstab could easily be replaced by any 1 combo point generator, but that would be up to you really.

What do you think?

Banned

Your rotation doesnt work with deadly dance. With the changes, you get a buff that only applies to Sab charges and the normal 3 attack buff goes away so your 2nd rotation wont have any increased damage.

Rift Disciple

B < C
    D*B < D*C for all constants D.
    (Any number times a constant will be less than a larger number times the same constant.)
    Bleeds < Charges
    DDMult * Bleeds < DDMult * Charges.
    Why ruin your damage?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Your rotation doesnt work with deadly dance. With the changes, you get a buff that only applies to Sab charges and the normal 3 attack buff goes away so your 2nd rotation wont have any increased damage.
    When using charges after deadly strike you do get a separate buff that works just with charges, but unless its a UI error, you still get the 3 counts of deadly dance too. I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that as long as you only use 2 abilities before you detonate the first time, you can get a whole 2nd load of charges off.

What I was trying to accomplish with the rotation I posted was to give every hard hitting ability the deadly dance buff, including the charges. But like you said, spike drops off and i've been trying to come up with something to keep spike up as well as impale. I think this build could have some potential, but I could be wrong. More than likely wrong, but it looks good..

@ Vindicit: The rotation Labattblue posted will work, because the puncture would consume 1, then spike takes 1 to get the 105% for all charges, detonate..then the blast charge would get 1 of the deadly dance buffs as well because it doesnt dissapear. It just adds a 2nd icon when you use a charge.

Im gonna keep playing around with this and use it on our Pluto fight tonight. I'll post the parse later on tonight if it has anywhere near the dps I can get with Hoko spec or standard sabdancer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    What I was trying to accomplish with the rotation I posted was to give every hard hitting ability the deadly dance buff, including the charges. But like you said, spike drops off and i've been trying to come up with something to keep spike up as well as impale. I think this build could have some potential, but I could be wrong. More than likely wrong, but it looks good..

Im gonna keep playing around with this and use it on our Pluto fight tonight. I'll post the parse later on tonight if it has anywhere near the dps I can get with Hoko spec or standard sabdancer.
    Good luck! Thanks for testing this out. I'm pretty interested in the build. I think what it will come down to is if keeping Impale and Puncture up as much as possible outweighs the damage loss from spike being up less. I wish there were some way to work it to keep the spike dot up longer.

+ Reply to Thread