+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost Hope - Fun days at Codex!

Era
    Champion of Telara

Default Lost Hope - Fun days at Codex!

So I decided to try something on Codex...I was solo defending vault (close game, we also had Codex) as a Sin/NB...and two guardians show up. If I tried to take them both out, I would probably die in the process and leave the flag undefended. So...I perch on the ledge close to the flag and wait. When I see one starting to cap, I'd use Lost Hope on them...a 8 second stun just like Incapacitate...only it can be used 20 meters away. Now, DR says that after 2 of these they could probably cap the flag. Well...as it turns out, with the changes to how capping works on immune targets, it would still interrupt the capture.

I was able to keep both of them from capturing the flag just by tab spamming them essentially. A third rode up (apparently they alerted him) and the results were still the same. I was able to keep them from capping long enough for a few of my team to show up and kill them all.

Now, is this OP? Surely not...they honestly thought I was using the melee-range stun so they had one person AEing the flag spot....and never thought to check around them.
    Last edited by Era; 07-13-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Sword of Telara

even if they try to AoE away you can be hitting them from anywhere in a 40 meter circle (20 in either direction) and constantly moving, chances if hitting you arent very big. many noobs honestly seem to stand rather close though..

just got done doing 70-80ish codex's in a row (pretty much all my playtime for the past weekish) to get words of war

i only do it if the team does it to my team first, and i anounce it in /y each time.. then exploit the heck out of it.

sadly, trion said CC still counts as a hostile action and will interupt even if youre immune due to diminishing returns. ill try to find the patch notes..

Sword of Telara

* Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.
    source: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...am-GMT-23-6-11

Plane Walker

Not exactly new there Era.

It's cheesy as all ****, and one thing I refuse to do to be honest. Probably will end up getting Lost Hope over-nerfed, and the rogue community will get to have themselves to blame for managing to exploit a nice, useful skill into the realm of uselessness once the Devs finish reacting to the QQ.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Ascendant

Old news, unintended consequence of the change to keep people from Blackout-capping while immune. Hopefully will be fixed soon, lots of terribad rogues abusing it and thinking they're good because two people spamming 10-meter AoEs have a 50% chance of finding per cast assuming:

1) Absolutely no overlap between the AoEs
    2) Both AoEs have 100% of their area inside the 20-meter radius circle
    3) Rogue was a mouthbreather and too stupid to step one meter out of range for the AoE spam and move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Old news, unintended consequence of the change to keep people from Blackout-capping while immune. Hopefully will be fixed soon, lots of terribad rogues abusing it and thinking they're good because two people spamming 10-meter AoEs have a 50% chance of finding per cast assuming:

1) Absolutely no overlap between the AoEs
    2) Both AoEs have 100% of their area inside the 20-meter radius circle
    3) Rogue was a mouthbreather and too stupid to step one meter out of range for the AoE spam and move.
    51sin/8+nb

you get hit. hidden veil keeps you hidden. unstealth on your own and vanish (combat will drop). continue till they find you again

+ Reply to Thread