+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @ Hoko on AP vs. Crit

Rift Disciple

Default @ Hoko on AP vs. Crit

Hoko, I was just wondering what lesser essences you use in your source engine. I've been stacking crit pretty much exclusively and I'd like to start building a full AP engine and wondered what essences I should be looking for so I can test the two against each other. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Deckardcaine
    <Aftermath>
    http://www.aftermath-rift.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eliniell View Post
    Hoko, I was just wondering what lesser essences you use in your source engine. I've been stacking crit pretty much exclusively and I'd like to start building a full AP engine and wondered what essences I should be looking for so I can test the two against each other. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I've been looking to do more or less the same thing, and I can name a couple of essences that would be nice to pick up: Flowing River and Woodland Hunt. I suppose there's also something like Final Cut or Grave Rites as well. Personally, I'm not going to pass up on Eastern Winds. No direct AP boost, but 26 dexterity is some powerful mojo.
    Last edited by bitnine; 07-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Telaran

Shade Slice. Without a doubt.

Drops from death raid rifts. Final Cut is pretty good as well, but shade slice is better. Avoid Grave Rites if possible. If you have an empty spot and a warrior doesn't need it, by all means go for it. Look to replace it, though.

My personal opinion: Don't settle for a crappy AP lesser over an amazing crit lesser. Get the good AP ones (shade slice, woodland hunt, flowing river). If you can, by all means throw in a final cut after those. Other than those 4, I don't feel that their value outweighs something like eastern winds.

I'd recommend building like so: shade slice, woodland hunt, flowing river, eastern winds, western winds / burning spark / final cut.
    <Mission Accomplished>

Rift Disciple

Yea.. that's what I was considering, my only issue is that with the crit on the HK gear the value of AP is just going to keep going up.. so I might end up just making a pure AP essence, and a mixed essence.. already have the pure crit essence finished.. bleh for trying to get the perfect min/max combo.
    Deckardcaine
    <Aftermath>
    http://www.aftermath-rift.com

Flowing River, Woodland Haunt, Rushing River, Necrotic Rite, Shade Slice, Final Cut.

This isn't what Hoko uses but those are the top six Attack Power lessers in the game. (Not counting those rumored to drop from Hammerknell bosses).
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tnanever View Post
    Flowing River, Woodland Haunt, Rushing River, Necrotic Rite, Shade Slice, Final Cut.

This isn't what Hoko uses but those are the top six Attack Power lessers in the game. (Not counting those rumored to drop from Hammerknell bosses).
    Not entirely, with passive AP granted it goes as follows. Do mind the values are rounded down for .5

Woodland Hunt - 31
    Grave Rites - 30
    Flowing River - 29
    Rushing River - 28
    Crushing Wave - 27.5 (Strength high lesser)
    Shade Slice - 27.5 (Dex high lesser)
    Necrotic Rites - 27 (Even lesser)

For the last 3 you're looking at whichever ones you would want to use, personally I'd go with a dex high lesser over a strength when it comes to options.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

Shadowlander

How much you weigh AP vs crit depends entirely on your spec. A sab based build will value AP much less than a BD based spec because charges dont scale nearly as well with AP.
    DB - 50 Rogue
    Purplejelly - 50 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tnanever View Post

i have all of those but 1 from the death raid rift, i have the grave wisdom one instead which isnt as good.

side note, did 2131dps on plut tonight without gloamsilk like a noob, next week i hope to break 2200
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread