+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rogue and Macro spamming question?

  1. #1
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default Rogue and Macro spamming question?

    I have a 50 warrior and now 50 cleric.. I stopped pvping on my warrior because after a 30 min battle in port scion my hand hurt so bad i couldn't do another one cause of spamming buttons. Is rogue as bad? i would think some builds(melee) would be worse than others on having to spam macros to keep damage up.. just no experience with rogue and I'm starting my rogue alt so was just curious
    Last edited by sanosuke; 07-13-2011 at 07:43 AM.

  2. #2
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    I hardly use any macros when I play MM in PvP and I get a lot of abilities so >_>
    When I played NB I used a lot more macros and combat was a bit more straight forward, but you do have more defensive CD's to use separately. Granted Rogue has the lowest GCD(?) at 1 second so you could potentially be hitting buttons faster than Warrior or Cleric

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Litlbigman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    From my experience, rogue PVP combat is also very hard on the hands. Combos need 5 moves to be completed, and that's without the running around (to avoid dmg, to backstab, etc), the misses and the energy depletions.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Flaymar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    804

    Default

    agreed - in pvp no matter your role you will be spamming

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    agreed - in pvp no matter your role you will be spamming
    Don't the logitech keyboards have a macro system that allows you just to hold a button down vs spamming it? Which is allowed in most mmos? I don't use one personally since i <3 my MS ergo kb to much. I'm considering a logitech g13 gameboard which has the same functionality i believe.

    PVP or PVE mashing one or two buttons for 5cps is so much fun!
    Last edited by kyth; 07-13-2011 at 08:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Telaran Sythas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Razer Naga ftw, much easier on the hands.
    Kazuko - Defiant Rogue - Dayblind
    Kyber - Defiant Cleric - Dayblind
    Jo - Defiant Warrior - Dayblind

  7. #7
    Shadowlander gbooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Try a mage. There aren't many spam macro builds for them.

  8. #8
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Start doing finger-strength training man! Remember to stretch, eat lots of protein for muscle health, and vitamins + potassium. Milk, tomatoes, eggs, vegetables, the better your diet is, the better your hands will work.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  9. #9
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    There are no macros for Bards or MM.... the rest of builds is the same macro spam as the warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  10. #10
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Start doing finger-strength training man! Remember to stretch, eat lots of protein for muscle health, and vitamins + potassium. Milk, tomatoes, eggs, vegetables, the better your diet is, the better your hands will work.
    I just wank off 10 times a day... i can now peal a potato with my bare hands and am getting proteins as well as carbohydrates. My hands are as strong as ever and i have no problems playing RIFT....

    I highly recommend doing that to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I highly recommend doing that to everyone.
    Waitaminute - You recommend whacking off other people ten times daily? Wow, kk.

    *Darklune goes to Craig's List and makes a post...*

  12. #12
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    Don't the logitech keyboards have a macro system that allows you just to hold a button down vs spamming it? Which is allowed in most mmos? I don't use one personally since i <3 my MS ergo kb to much. I'm considering a logitech g13 gameboard which has the same functionality i believe.

    PVP or PVE mashing one or two buttons for 5cps is so much fun!
    actually i think my g700 can do this with macros through setpoint.. ill go check now~! lol
    Last edited by sanosuke; 07-13-2011 at 12:22 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    it works i cant believe im such an idiot i knew i could macro the mouse too and just didn't think about it

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts