+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Sin spec do you prefer?

Soulwalker

Default What Sin spec do you prefer?

Hey guys! In between moaning about unkillable clerics and stupidly dangerous warriors I have been fiddling about with the various melee rogue options. I would like to keep this discussion to those builds which include the Sin soul however, as I am already aware of the 44/38 night blade builds.

My problem is this... I can't decided if the 51 sin build is better suited to the inf secondary soul or the nightblade, both contain a ranged finished and the nightblade seems to have a little more damage output via the 15% buffs. Also the ranged sap on the NB is also somewhat useful. Any thoughts about this?

Secondly I'm curious if serpent strike is worth all of the fuss in the first place, going back down to 31 in sin does free up another 20 points, which is quite something. I can see that its non GCD and high burst make it certainly attractive, but does anyone feel the 20 odd points are better spent in another tree?

Before someone trolls, I have tried all of the combinations and spent plenty of gold trying many more combinations. I am just curious what other people have found from these builds and what they prefer!

Happy ganking!

Quote Originally Posted by Renfield1 View Post
    Hey guys! In between moaning about unkillable clerics and stupidly dangerous warriors I have been fiddling about with the various melee rogue options. I would like to keep this discussion to those builds which include the Sin soul however, as I am already aware of the 44/38 night blade builds.

My problem is this... I can't decided if the 51 sin build is better suited to the inf secondary soul or the nightblade, both contain a ranged finished and the nightblade seems to have a little more damage output via the 15% buffs. Also the ranged sap on the NB is also somewhat useful. Any thoughts about this?

Secondly I'm curious if serpent strike is worth all of the fuss in the first place, going back down to 31 in sin does free up another 20 points, which is quite something. I can see that its non GCD and high burst make it certainly attractive, but does anyone feel the 20 odd points are better spent in another tree?

Before someone trolls, I have tried all of the combinations and spent plenty of gold trying many more combinations. I am just curious what other people have found from these builds and what they prefer!

Happy ganking!
    51Sin/15NB/0Inf pre-R4, 51sin/15Inf/0Rng post R-4.

From 31 -> 51 YOU DON'T JUST GET YOU SERPENT STRIKE.

I can't believe how people can be so short-sighted. You get Impale @32 points (amazing, if not downright overpowered finisher) Poison Gas Cloud, multiple +dmg passives, Enduring Brew (not amazing, but useful, if not only situationally), Hidden Veil, and Debilitating Poison.

There is a write-up for 51Sin in my signature if you wish to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post

I can't believe how people can be so short-sighted. You get Impale @32 points (amazing, if not downright overpowered finisher) Poison Gas Cloud, multiple +dmg passives, Enduring Brew (not amazing, but useful, if not only situationally), Hidden Veil, and Debilitating Poison.

What sort of DPS are you pulling with the 51Sin build? I really love the Assassin build, and I'm considering going that way or the Sin/Blade build, but not sure yet.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Well my apologies for being so shortsighted! But for a first, I had meant to dropping down from 51 to 32, so 19 not 20. As for all of this "amazing stuff" that you get from these 19 points, do you think the extra poison, cc and anti stealth break are worth all of the points spent? Yes I appreciate you get some little damage boosting bits here and there and I think 8 points worth of poison buffs, but my question perhaps should have been, are these worth it. A simple yes would have sufficed but I appreciate what you have said.

What do you think about the second soul? Do you think inf is better than NB then? I can see them both having advantages.

In Re: to Machico, I don't have a DPS meter so I really can't comment on my actual DPS. I would say that I find it fairly "adequate" but fighting people with higher valor gear is a real problem for me at the moment. Specifically those who can heal as I don't have a debuff. But I guess thats the strengh of a sin, you can choose who to kill!

I am still using the 3x Assassin 3x NB, 0 Inf and can kill just about anything with cooldowns up, except certain rank 6 clerics. Pyro's and Chloro's and any other mages drop easy peasy. Bleed, slip-away, bleed warriors. A 44 NB will give you some trouble if he has cooldowns and you don't, just slip away if he pops his cooldowns and reset the fight. You really need to know what you are doing with this spec, it is not a faceroll template.

Soulwalker

Default TY

Looked at your guides and blog, i was truly lolerific. The inserts had me rolling. Great job and thanks for the info. Gratz on 20k you will hi 50 I am sure.

Rift Disciple

i dont understand why 0 ranger, 0 sab seems better IMO...

Sez

I am already aware of the 44/38 night blade builds.
    44/38/0 is the most overpowered combination a rogue can get.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

I've been pretty fond of 51 SIN/6 RNGR/9 INFIL

You get the extra crit from Ranger tree plus a snare and the goodies from Infiltrator. Got my macros and rotations down. For awhile I felt like I was doing something wrong and hitting like a wet noodle but I figured out my macros and such and now it seems pretty decent for my gear which isn't the best but not bad either.

I don't raid much so I'm basically in 1 and 2 rank pvp gear with 30 dps bow and dual spark smiters. Once I can craft the black iron axes I'll be using those unless I hit rank 3 first then it'll be the pvp daggers. This is one of two builds that push me over 30% (31.34% to be exact) unbuffed crit rate due to my gear which at my rank I don't think is too bad.

It's a pretty fun build cause I can range really well or do anything a 51 sin can of course. I'll post my macros later when I'm home but basically placing melee and ranged attacks/snare in same macro so skills get used either way. Also on my stealth bar I have a macro that I can use to pop out at range if needed on runner or in group mode that has been very successful in downing people at range from stealth.

The other "sin" build I'm having a lot of PVP fun with surprisingly is the Sozu PVE ranger build. Yes it has been very effective for me in group PVP and extremely fun. I swapped out points in from Master Archer to pick up more range on the first MM tier and if I jump into a dungeon it's a simple swap of points back into MA but for me it really has been a great pvp build. This spec with the crit buff pushes me to 34.65% crit rate unbuffed.

The other night I was basically left alone in a Codex match and pushed over 80K damage and something like 125 kills. Best I've ever had so I know if left to do my business it's a dps machine. Even though I usually get a lot of kills most damage I usually ever push is 30k throughout an entire match. For a lot of you guys that might not seem like a lot since I regularly see damage in the 100k range but for my current gear it seems really good for me.

I will post actual build when I can get home from work.

Soulwalker

Great write up on your blog
    This is exactly what an assassin should do...exactly! You nailed it and I and going to try this spec for PvP. I can see the benefits of it and yes HOT KEY EVERYTHING!!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    44/38/0 is the most overpowered combination a rogue can get.
    neener neener

Plane Walker

The problem I see most often, when people discuss pvp builds, is that they seem to almost always look for what does the most damage. PVP is so much more then that, although I'll admit, at this stage in Rift's short lived life (with a lack of an arena style play) it is mostly damage and healing. I use a spec with sin/bd/inf. 0 points in Inf (just for break free). This spec gives me great damage, but also very good utility. It has stuns, blinds, interrupts, slows, disarm, 50% dodge on demand, 19(!) second sprint, gap closers, vanish, bleeds and great burst, especially when combined with 2 damage increasing CD's. I can kill anything with it, especially melee, but geared clerics and geared/well played chloro-locks (the lack of anethema or fel blades is clearly the biggest downfall). I have no ranged abilities, but with flash of steel, sprint, blind, break free, vanish etc I rarely get kited or have a hard time getting to my target.

Shadowlander

Happy ganking!
    Go 34 sin 32 BD and use keen strike and deadly. Deadly strike with all the reactives does about as much damage as serpent strike and has a stun. The biggest benifit is that you can toss out an extra 70% damage buff for 15 seconds along with poison malice. Even in R1-2 gear you should be able to kill even R6 clerics in under 30 seconds. I tried every possible combo for 51 Sin, and this beats everything else hands down simply because after you lose stealth you can still hang against a warrior toe to toe. Just learn Side step and disarm vs warriors, Charge and damage vs everyone else. Interupt vs casters, and you'll win most of your fights.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    The problem I see most often, when people discuss pvp builds, is that they seem to almost always look for what does the most damage. PVP is so much more then that, although I'll admit, at this stage in Rift's short lived life (with a lack of an arena style play) it is mostly damage and healing. I use a spec with sin/bd/inf. 0 points in Inf (just for break free). This spec gives me great damage, but also very good utility. It has stuns, blinds, interrupts, slows, disarm, 50% dodge on demand, 19(!) second sprint, gap closers, vanish, bleeds and great burst, especially when combined with 2 damage increasing CD's. I can kill anything with it, especially melee, but geared clerics and geared/well played chloro-locks (the lack of anethema or fel blades is clearly the biggest downfall). I have no ranged abilities, but with flash of steel, sprint, blind, break free, vanish etc I rarely get kited or have a hard time getting to my target.
    I think we are running the same spec. Try poison malice + the 70% damage buff (forget what it is called) and then use dancing blades + sprint after opening with a stun. You'll out damage the healer and he wont be able to recover. Against 600 valor and a T2 dagger your looking at 600 per second, not including crits. thats about 2400 damage before they can do anything, when its over if they are still alive, stun and keen strike em, should give you enough to make it through 1 full 5 combo cycle. thats easily another 3-4k damage.

Rockin' a 40/26/0 Sin/Rift/Inf Spec... I love the utility. Plus it wtfpwns flag runners lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast