+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sabo DPS were.

Default Sabo DPS were.

Do forgive me for asking a question whose answer is kicked around somewhere. But am fairly new to these forums so still trying to rap my head around some of the threads. Question in hand is can i get a link to the Sabo soul build (ranged not melee) which dishes out best DPS. I hit 50 2days ago so my gear leaves much to be desired, but i was told that a Sabo would dish better then the Sozo spec rng i am using. Any who thank you for the time, and much appreciated.

ps: i hope they have macros =p

Shield of Telara

44/20 build is the best for what lies ahead for you. its great for grinding dungeons it dishes out great aoe dps and good single target.

Could you do up the soul tree and link? never touched Sabo so not sure what to give 44 and 20 to.. i guess I'll think up of my own macros >.<
    Last edited by Lalapooh; 07-13-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

What is the current, ranged, Sabo build?

Most of the threads I've been seeing lately are for the Sabdancer, and some of those have turned into a shouting match on where to put a couple of points.

Ascendant

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Eb000o.0VRMx0b

There might be tweaks that make it better but this is the spec I'm using for myself.

I don't use any macros for the rotation just one macro to pop trinket and blade tempo.

Rotation is:
    for mobs:
    shrapnel x3 > puncture > deadly strike > shrapnel x2 > detonate > shrapnel x5 > detonate > repeat

for bosses
    spike x3 > puncture > deadly strike > spike x2 > detonate > shrapnel x5 > detonate > repeat
    Learn it and love it
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...xkkR.0VMcxcb.M

44sab/20sin/2rng

As the link, or you can move the points from combat survival and barbed trap to improved blast charge.
    2 points in ranger or 2 point in NB or leave it 0 point and put those somewhere else. Doesn't matter too much.

Rotation is [5 spike ->det -> 5 shrapnel -> det]
    Last edited by Reyo; 07-13-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Sword of Telara

if you intend on being ranged (as the OP said) the last 2 points should be in ranger. this will allow you to use your bow (usually higher dps than your daggers) for your damage calculations as well as let you do a ranged auto attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Learn it and love it
    link broken i get Archmage x3 lol
    Last edited by Lalapooh; 07-13-2011 at 07:00 AM.

<3 Sabdancer! Some instance boss mechanics can be tricky for new players to melee though. The 44 Sab ranged spec is a great substitute to get your feet wet with, or switch to on range fights. Here are some of the macros useful when in the 44 Sab spec, since that's probably best for you right now.

suppressmacrofailures
    focus @mouseover

Focus Targeting - Drops if you zone, or die. Mouse over the tank, or their group icon and press this macro to set focus target. Or just type /focus while your tank is targeted.

#show Spike Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Spike Charge
    startattack

#show Shrapnel Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shrapnel Charge
    startattack

#show Annihilation Bomb
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Annihilation Bomb
    startattack

#show Blast Charge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blast Charge
    startattack

The startattack is to ensure your autoattack stays on. Sometimes it turns off while setting charges. Do not use these with Silent Setup pre-pull, or you'll quickly have an angry group. Preload charges without the macro.

#show Detonate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus incriminate
    cast Detonate

This will cast Incriminate on your focus target when you Detonate.

Pretty simple rotation as posted above. If there are under 4 mobs, toss anni bomb after the spike charges to spread the dot before detonating. Just use shrapnel for large groups. If the mobs are about to die and there is no time for another round of charges, get in the middle of them and spam Booby Trap.

Melee whenever you can for better dps, even in the ranged spec.

{edit: This is assuming you do the right thing and put your last 2 points in Ranger.}
    Last edited by Cregan; 07-13-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyo View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...xkkR.0VMcxcb.M

44sab/20sin/2rng

As the link, or you can move the points from combat survival and barbed trap to improved blast charge.
    2 points in ranger or 2 point in NB or leave it 0 point and put those somewhere else. Doesn't matter too much.

Rotation is [5 spike ->det -> 5 shrapnel -> det]
    this is the traditional ranged sab build. aside from the rotation, you want to put incriminate on the tank right before you do your first detonate to avoid pulling aggro, especially while doing 5 mans where there are some tanks that are quite bad.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Plane Walker

I really love the people who are all like "link to build plz".

It's not like sitting down for 15 minutes, looking at the soul trees, and doing some creative thinking is really going to hurt you, is it?
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    I really love the people who are all like "link to build plz".

It's not like sitting down for 15 minutes, looking at the soul trees, and doing some creative thinking is really going to hurt you, is it?
    its often not obvious and often people miss things when doing that... if you don't have experiance with the spec and don't know what its all about then it completely makes sense. Also, like the reason for 2 in ranger is not obvious and the reason for 44 in sab isn't obvious.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    its often not obvious and often people miss things when doing that... if you don't have experiance with the spec and don't know what its all about then it completely makes sense. Also, like the reason for 2 in ranger is not obvious and the reason for 44 in sab isn't obvious.
    you'd be surprised how many dont know the ranger thing -.-;

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...pdated-for-1.3

Rogue PvE Bible.

Even if your search function is broken, this is in the rogue guide compendium that is stickied at the top of this forum. Why don't people ever check the stickies?
    I sometimes get things right.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    Obvious? Sure it's obvious. If one is literate anyhow. The only thing that is remotely sneaky with the 44 Sab build is the way the poison boost factors into the equation, but seriously, that is it. Reading comprehension and 10 minutes with a training dummy and the rest should be pretty damn apparent.

People should know why they use the builds and the macros they do...not just do it because someone said it was one of the "cookie-cutter best".

The number of people I have encountered that are completely ignorant of the mechanics behind the builds they use and only use it because they saw it on the forums makes me cringe. It's that whole "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" thing with me I guess. I'll be the first to help someone who wants to learn, but FFS, show some interest in "learning", don't just go asking for handouts.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast