+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Skill Question

Soulwalker

Default Bard Skill Question

Resonance
    Description:Increases all of your ally's attributes by 1% if your ally is affected by Motif of Bravery, Motif of Focus and Motif of Tenacity. Lasts 30 seconds.
    Questions
    1) Does it stack? If I have all 3 motifs active does that mean the percentages would stack?
    2)Is it passive or active? i.e. If i activate a motif does the buff automatically trigger or do i have to activate it manually?
    and a side question does 'anthem of competence' (increases movement speed) affect 'attack' speed?
    That is if i use IMPROVED anthem of competence which allows us to use it DURING combat as well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by meatbunzz View Post
    Resonance
    Description:Increases all of your ally's attributes by 1% if your ally is affected by Motif of Bravery, Motif of Focus and Motif of Tenacity. Lasts 30 seconds.
    Questions
    1) Does it stack? If I have all 3 motifs active does that mean the percentages would stack?
    2)Is it passive or active? i.e. If i activate a motif does the buff automatically trigger or do i have to activate it manually?
    and a side question does 'anthem of competence' (increases movement speed) affect 'attack' speed?
    That is if i use IMPROVED anthem of competence which allows us to use it DURING combat as well.
    If you spec into it with 5 points, and you play the motifs, upon playing the last motif everyone affected by those motifs will get the +5% to stats. This kinda answers 1 and 2 because it doesn't stack, but you can spec it to 5% and its passive.

Anthem of competence does not increase attack speed as well.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Soulwalker

sooo.... whats the point of getting IMPROVE anthem of competence, i mean why would you need a speed buff DURING combat?

sooo.... whats the point of getting IMPROVE anthem of competence, i mean why would you need a speed buff DURING combat?
    You serious?

Rift Disciple

There's a number of fights where you need to get somewhere (or get away from a area) fast. Sometimes that 20% run speed buff can make a difference. It's not needed if people are paying attention, just that every now and then, people get distracted by what they're doing and don't start there run till a little late. So when that happens, that's where the Improved Anthem of Competence comes in.

Also of serious use if you PvP any as a Bard.

Ascendant

So on fights with heavy running you can move around quicker? Even for pvp i choose fervor usually though after the initial run out of the gate. I Know how much I love when a bard has it up when I'm dps'ing.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Soulwalker

yup i mean its only useful when running away
    why would you need movement when in combat?

Plane Walker

In PvP, it helps you and your teamamtes kite an opponent. Moving faster than an adversary should be an obvious advantage.

In PvE there are many fights, especially in RoS/GSB where the ability to move quickly is going to make the difference between whether you live or die. When you have situations where your talking about taking 2-3k each second your in the wrong spot, anything that can shorten the time you are within the danger zone is going to dramatically increase people's survival rate.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Rift Disciple

Others have already said it before, but it is helpful sometimes. For instance, when I bard I use Anthem of Fervor and switch to Competence on the fly during combat when needed for:

Iron Tombs: Ragnoth the Despolier (run to Eliam)
    Deepstrike Mines: Plutonus (run to walls)
    Greenscale's Blight: Greenscale (run to bubble)

There are probably others like it, but those are the ones that come to mind. Could you do without it? Certainly. But it's a little bit of a help.

Telaran

Well if you're running away from somethnig chances are you're in combat...

As already discussed some bosses are easier with a speed buff for a couple of reasons. It was already acknowledged that some mechanics require players to move quickly out of them. Furthermore if DPS needs to switch targets and the targets aren't close to the main kill target it is helpful for raid DPS to have the speed buff. For example during the air phase of GS the DPS beats on GS until the adds spawn. With the speed boost the DPS can quickly move to get in range of the adds, which always spawn from the farthest pool from GS, and adjust their positioning quickly to stay in range as the adds are kite tanked towards GS. Killing the adds faster and getting the big add as low as possible reduces healing doen to GS. This in turn will shorten the ground phases by noticable amounts. Also leaving less chance for plants to overwhelm the raid or for ranged DPs to get behind on killing pollens or bracken.

Thats just one example in detail for you but other fights would benefit in similiar ways.

. . .

Wow. Welcome to PvP.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

It's also useful for running down people who are trying to kite you/your team mates in PvP, or running with the sourcestone in whitefall.

Also, I remember in WoW, someone did some testing and the single best DPS increasing talent in dungeons per point for melee was the one that paladins got increasing run speed by 15% (less time getting between trash mobs).

+ Reply to Thread