600-800 HPS in bard
    is that good?

my gear is mostly t1 stuff..
    ill post a think to my build for people who want to use it
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dqiqskqz.V.V0x

feed back would be great!
    You are pulling 800 hps where?
    EDIT: Putting points in Coup de Grace is useless
    Last edited by joker225; 07-13-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zuxy View Post
    I dunno if this is good but im pulling
    600-800 HPS in bard
    is that good?

my gear is mostly t1 stuff..
    ill post a think to my build for people who want to use it
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dqiqskqz.V.V0x

feed back would be great!
    As Joker said Coup De Grace isn't worth the points, it won't effect your CoR at all and therefore is better to put 3 points into Unstable state. The remaining two points can be put in a couple of places depending ou your play style I suppose. I put mine into boosted recovery. This build (reguardless of what ppl say about DD and RNG builds) is best at the highest gear level. If you have under 650 atk power you should use a different spec.

Edit: Bard healing is dependant on a few things such as how many other AoE healers are in the raid and how fast you are to react on your finishers and CD's at appropriate times. Because of this bards can do really low HPS to extremely high HPS. IMO you could be pullnig higher HPS numbers using a variation of that spec assuming your geared enough to be using it.
    Last edited by Lelan; 07-13-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Ive been using coup de grace for CoF, CoW.. not sure if it helps them, and because i use this spec for raids the extra dmg comes in handy

*next time i bard, ill take a screen shot of my praser*
    so yous dont think im bull****ing

Soulwalker

Default Coup

Does CDG not stack with healing effects? Granted I use it mainly for exra damage on CoF for ae grinding but thought it was helping my Heals also

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gynsu666 View Post
    Does CDG not stack with healing effects? Granted I use it mainly for exra damage on CoF for ae grinding but thought it was helping my Heals also
    The problem is Coda or Restoration doesnt do damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Soulwalker

I'm only lvl 46 full bard ( http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...dqiqskqz.Vh.Vb ) and I was hitting crit heals for 850 today, so I'm assuming you could be doing more.

Soulwalker

Just wondering if I did okay with my chocies. i'm new to this game and decided to main bard and use marksmen and ranger as my other two souls. I figured the pet keeps em busy and I only really want to put enough points in ranger to get a wolf pet and not really doing much with marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelan View Post
    This build (reguardless of what ppl say about DD and RNG builds) is best at the highest gear level. If you have under 650 atk power you should use a different spec.

Edit: Bard healing is dependant on a few things such as how many other AoE healers are in the raid and how fast you are to react on your finishers and CD's at appropriate times. Because of this bards can do really low HPS to extremely high HPS. IMO you could be pullnig higher HPS numbers using a variation of that spec assuming your geared enough to be using it.
    Like what spec, for instance? My DPS primary is a sabo, so crit matters more to me than attack power and I'm not in raid gear (just starting hitting T2s hard since I've been slacking and banging around WFs) so there is just no way I'm going to see 600+ AP for a long time.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    Like what spec, for instance? My DPS primary is a sabo, so crit matters more to me than attack power and I'm not in raid gear (just starting hitting T2s hard since I've been slacking and banging around WFs) so there is just no way I'm going to see 600+ AP for a long time.
    This is a bard thread and thus all things I mentioned refer to bard main soul only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelan View Post
    This is a bard thread and thus all things I mentioned refer to bard main soul only.
    I know that Lelan...I am asking what bard build, with bard as main, would you be building @<600 AP? I don't have the money or tokens for 2 full sets of gear, one pure AP and one crit. Are you saying "If you want a full bard be prepared not to have any crit-based ranged dps souls that work?"
    Last edited by Landru; 07-14-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Soulwalker

Ranged souls don't really 'work'. The goal of a rogue is to do the highest damage possible or be a bard. Ranged souls don't do that. Some fights will require you to go ranged, but no matter what, ranged is going to be below your potential top dps.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    I know that Lelan...I am asking what bard build, with bard as main, would you be building @<600 AP? I don't have the money or tokens for 2 full sets of gear, one pure AP and one crit. Are you saying "If you want a full bard be prepared not to have any crit-based ranged dps souls that work?"
    If you have less than 650 AP unbuffed and untalented then go 51 bard/8nb/7rng. This build will give you 46 AP and 5% crit aswell as let your cadence dmg and healing be calculated off your ranged weapon. If you have over 650 unbuffed and untalented attack power then you should replace RNG with RS. The 15% bonus attack power from RS adds a load of weapon DPS to the point that your cadence damage will surpass your cadence dmg/healing if it was calculated from your ranged weapon. In addition all of your other healing abilities will heal for more since they all scale form attack power.

+ Reply to Thread