+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expose Weakness?

Default Expose Weakness?

I've looked it up on these forums and didn't see much about this. I never see it in rotations for any specs either. Is expose worth it to keep up in any spec, or is it a waste of energy and a GCD? Right now I use 27BD/21NB/18Sin and I usually use it after my first Fiery Spike for the rotation. Am I just wasting my time?

Soulwalker

Default !

Think about it this way: it does 320 damage on a gcd, so if you cannot hit for more than 320 with any other attack, then use it.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrene View Post
    Think about it this way: it does 320 damage on a gcd, so if you cannot hit for more than 320 with any other attack, then use it.
    adds the 320 to the base damage. so before modifiers such as +10% damage in sin, as well as effected by crits and so on. still lackluster but marginally better than most people give credit for . without a doubt worth it before the pull, but i dont know of any specs that use it in their normal rotation

The absolute, only time I use it is in pvp before popping out of stealth. I would rather not waste a keypress and even the fraction of a second it takes to activate for a skill as marginal as this one.

Plane Touched

There were a few threads about this a while ago and it basically came down to using it before the fight and leaving it at that.

The use of a GCD makes it undesirable (Since you lose out on a stronger attack and also a combo point)
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Rift Disciple

The use of a GCD makes it undesirable
    The GCD isnt the problem. The Problem is that the energy which is the limit of you damageoutput wich will be sprend for 2-4x the dmg on other skills since Expose Weakness doesnt scale

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    The GCD isnt the problem. The Problem is that the energy which is the limit of you damageoutput wich will be sprend for 2-4x the dmg on other skills since Expose Weakness doesnt scale
    For PVP, use it after you vanish when you're running away and someone has a sliver of life left.

Plane Walker

It's a base damage increase, so actually it scales fairly well depending on how your points are spent. Also, if you have Living Energy or Anthem of Fervor, technically Expose Weakness will be a net energy gain for the GCD, as it's cost will be 17-18 and you regen 20 per second. Obviously not huge, but sometimes worth tossing in while fighting if your moving around outside of melee or extremely energy starved.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Plane Touched

The GCD isnt the problem. The Problem is that the energy
    So the problem is that using a cheaper attack makes more energy problems than a more expensive attack?

If it was off the GCD it might actually be beneficial to use mid-combat before some burst or such.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Shadowlander

I use it before opening up with Dark Malady. That's the only time I use it.

Rift Disciple

it increases your dmg by a fixed ammount. no modifiers apply to this increase. it will be 320 dmg for 20 energy. with 30 energy you can pump out 1k+ attacks. so expose isnt worth its energy. thats the point.
    use it before engaging out of stealth for max burst. otherwise its crap.

44ranged sabos can also use this to prevent maxing energy while waiting for spike to fall off. It`s better than nothing, although the question then becomes do you want to use this, or just go for a quick swift shot?

Rift Chaser

It can still provide a boost in dmg. Like on encounters where you are forced to run out.
    Apply it on aoe groups during the pull can give another fun boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.

Rift Disciple

frag bomb is better than expose weakness for 44 sabs, in t2 gear that crits for almost 800 damage wheras expose will never add more than 320 damage, just ignore it, its not worth the gcd in combat, throw it prepull from stealth or while your running to engage in melee, but dont waste a gcd on it if you can use something else

Plane Touched

Expose Weakness is not an Average DPS buff...

...It's a Burst one.

Use it right when you are about to perform any Burst Damage (using a CD, opening on stealth, etc).

On a regular fight it also comes handy if your build has a lot of Physical DoTs as it affects ongoing DoTs (Contrary to what happens with proportional DPS buffs)... If your target goes out of melee range BE SURE you apply EW while closing (That's why it's a ranged power INTO a melee soul).

But out of the scenarios above... Any decent build will have better ways to invest that GCD (Energy-wise there aren't as many DPS powers as efficient as EW, although).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast