+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good pvp spec at low ranks (request)

Rift Disciple

Default good pvp spec at low ranks (request)

my rogue has hit 50 a few weeks ago and i have only done pve stuff, my gear is at starting raid level, and i wanted to do some pvp

i was hoping someone could give me some advice on what specs i should use considering that i have no pvp gear and im only rank 1

i have 2 29.2 dps daggers and a 36 dps bow if that helps at all

i have no preference on any specs in pvp right now so anything you give me would be appreciated

What do you want to do?

If you want to contribute the most to your team and provide the best chance at your team winning at R1/2, go bard, deep NB/MM with Fell Blades spam, or MM with Eradicate just Eradicating everything.

If you want stay alive, 51sin15inf or some deep NB/sin combo.

If you want to kill, get some ranks or roll with premades that can give you BIG support while you hack away with your R4 equivalent weapons and tissue-paper equivalent gear. If you absolutely must go this route, roll with the crowd and focus fire off whoever the toughest warrior in your WF is attacking (as he probably has Lingering Wounds). You can try to get cute with sneaking up and ambushing peeps, but unless they're pretty poorly geared or you're with a few other rogues, you'll just end up making someones highlight reel.
    Last edited by Virchow; 07-12-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

what would give the fastest valor?

also what would be a good bard spec (i cant have anything more then the first 5 points in inf since im rank 1) could you link me one?

I run 51/8/7 for bard, bard/rs/rngr.
    When you look at the numbers, its fairly self explanatory where.i put my points. Using my phone so can't link build. As a P1 i have been the saving grace in many a boss-zerg in Scion, keeping the team alive to the kill after the other side has come and.attempted to wipe us by dropping our healers (eradicate tank, derp) through clever timing of cd's. Often top heals too.
    <Knights of Wolfsbane>
    Sheraseval - 60 Cleric (P51)
    Sheriseter - 50 Rogue (P35)
    Claraseval - <50 Warrior
    Clariseter - <50 Mage

Scratch that, its 51/10/5 Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker. Just got home lol.
    I also run a typical 44 MM spec for wiping their tank if THEY boss zerg, and use my 51/8/7 Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Bard PvE tank spec for tanking (duh) their boss or running stones- all the teleports are insanely useful. You can use Shadow Stalk/Assault to use any friendly carriers ahead of you as a sort of "bunny hop" to get you back faster. I have literally NEVER been brought down by the enemy runner campers using this. My go to spec however will always be 51 Sin. I'm a ganker through and through, just have to wait until I'm a higher rank so i can actually be viable.
    <Knights of Wolfsbane>
    Sheraseval - 60 Cleric (P51)
    Sheriseter - 50 Rogue (P35)
    Claraseval - <50 Warrior
    Clariseter - <50 Mage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oscelot View Post
    my rogue has hit 50 a few weeks ago and i have only done pve stuff, my gear is at starting raid level, and i wanted to do some pvp

i was hoping someone could give me some advice on what specs i should use considering that i have no pvp gear and im only rank 1

i have 2 29.2 dps daggers and a 36 dps bow if that helps at all

i have no preference on any specs in pvp right now so anything you give me would be appreciated
    It really depends on what you want to do and also which warFront you in, sab is great for black garden bc of the aoe from frags, put51 into sab get ur insta stack and ur good. Also bard for 44is good for beginning push to help heal and spam ur cadence. For codeX and white ode make a sin build. Stick to left side of tree for crit bonus and bleeds get puncture and backstab add rift stalker for the tele behind and rift barrier . And infil for armor ignore. Stealth is KEY to sex and white fall also does some good in garden for killin healers for initial push. Hope it help

If thoughts is superiority occur, consume a hot pocket infront of a mirror.MAITAIN eye contact!
    - C.E.O of mmorpgonpc -

General of Telara

It really depends on how you want to play in PvP. Every path essentially gives you the same prestige/favor so you may as well enjoy it as best as you can. Since you have T2 weapons you can essentially be a glass canon (that's what I am right now too), or try to replicate some survivability through NB.

If you want to be a ranged glass canon (what I'm playing right now :P) you can go 38,44 or 51 MM and mix in Inf/Sin. In a big skirmish, if I pop Improved Hit and Run I can guarantee you someone is going to get killed by me, if not 2 or 3 more depending on how lucky I am with tab targeting nice targets .

51Sin/15Inf/0Ranger is a common one if you like doing things from stealth. I don't typically see rogues in my WF's topping KB or DMG done, but if they kill the right targets they benefit the group.

NB builds give you a lot of survivability with all of its defensive cooldowns. I'm assuming your PvP 'skillz' are gonna be crap at the start, so having things to save your *** may prevent you from raging/dying. The burst isn't too bad either with Ebon Fury and Living Flame (if you intend to go that deep).

You should try out a lot of things while you rank up and get better at quick movements, key presses, and the strategies of WF's.

+ Reply to Thread