+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32 Nightblade or better

Rift Disciple

Default 32 Nightblade or better

Looking for a heal nerf role, considered many aspects, aoe spec, range spec, aoe range, stealth, etc.

Some insight on any spec you guys might have tried with at least 32 Nightblade.

Why was it good, where did it fail.

I love doing pvp, but wouldn't mind bringing the build in PvE for it's usefulness on some special bosses.

Any suggestions or past experience?

Thanks

Champion

I went 44 NB 18BD 0SAB

it basically does it all, I deul only lvl 50s now because no one my rank can come close to matching me (besides assassins and justicar/shaman clerics.. there always tough fights)

The nightblade cooldowns just give an extreme edge against anyone who's build relies on killing you in a timely manner (namely mages, dps fighters, and near all rogues) then the incoming heal debuff takes down any class that tries to outlast you (besides those annoying fighter tanks, i can come close but if there halfway decent i can't finish the second half of their second health bar and well played justicar/shamman clerics).

So the bonuses i would say are a move for every situation, the class does good melee damage but also has great ranged prep for kills (sabeteur charges and scourage of darkness). It has 5 defesnive 'oh SH*T' buttons so you can keep yourself in tact, an aoe snare, dark containment and dusk to dawn to keep the enemy were you want them (the last 2 can be used to interrupt fighter/rogue/cleric charges at you).

The downfalls would definitely be, it is a highly skill based spec. Near anything worth using in the spec is on a cooldown, so learning to ration cooldowns is half the battle. The rest is positioning, taking risks when you need but also making sure you aren't setting yourself up to waste too much **** on one fight.
    Last edited by garethh; 07-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the info

Anyone else got a build to share?

Plane Touched

1) Nibghtblade PvP builds are very popular. Always have been. Good break points are 32, 38, 44 and full NB is great too. It synergizes well with Infiltrator ofc. If you are rank4, all damage builds should have 15 in infil. Leftover points usually go to marksman for ranged attacks/speed, but other options are possible. Try things urself. If not, there are many many threads about it

2) Dont expect to do aoe as Nightblade. Pick your target wisely, stick to him. Kill him. Use ur cds to survive.

3) PvP build fail at PvE. But you have 5 roles!!! Why care about that ? Use another role for PvE. Btw Nightblade is not very popular as a main soul for PvE atm. You could do better looking somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    1) Nibghtblade PvP builds are very popular. Always have been. Good break points are 32, 38, 44 and full NB is great too. It synergizes well with Infiltrator ofc. If you are rank4, all damage builds should have 15 in infil. Leftover points usually go to marksman for ranged attacks/speed, but other options are possible. Try things urself. If not, there are many many threads about it

2) Dont expect to do aoe as Nightblade. Pick your target wisely, stick to him. Kill him. Use ur cds to survive.

3) PvP build fail at PvE. But you have 5 roles!!! Why care about that ? Use another role for PvE. Btw Nightblade is not very popular as a main soul for PvE atm. You could do better looking somewhere else.
    /Disagree with 1) But it's true that it's viable, it isn't true that all dps builds need 15 inf, ESPECIALLY if your NB. The one thing I love with the rogue is that there is a LOT of different builds you can come up with and be viable and usefull in a warfront. I've been a huge NB ***** lately, and pretty much any combinations of 44NB is awesome in PvP.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 07-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    /Disagree with 1) But it's true that it's viable, it isn't true that all dps builds need 15 inf, ESPECIALLY if your NB. The one thing I love with the rogue is that there is a LOT of different builds you can come up with and be viable and usefull in a warfront. I've been a huge NB ***** lately, and pretty much any combinations of 44NB is awesome in PvP.
    I too scratch my head when i see people writing about how popular Nightblade builds are in pvp.

9/10 rogues i click on when joining warfronts are buffs with Assassin poisons, or Hellfire and Cloudy, or Hellfire and Virulent.

the last 2 are always Marksman.

hell i'd probably stretch it to 9.9/10 rogues.

in fact the only other time i recall seeing a rogue with fell blades and hellfire blades other than myself was a rank 1 - 2 Guardian rogue that tried to gank me at vault.

Then when i talk to fellow rogues in game about different specs and mention Nightblade, all of them say "Not my play style."
    Last edited by Skyline; 07-27-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Champion of Telara

Nightblade was pretty popular in the time period between the Sab nerf and the MM, BD, and Sin buff. Lots of people were probably playing it even though they didnt like it just because it was by far the best spec and you could either play it as a melee or a ranged role.

Its still the melee build to play in a group if thats what you are looking to do.

I played around with a 45 NB/ 21 Inf/ 0 Rng build for a short time to try out the infiltrator mana draining finisher for the pesky "unkillable" Clerics. It worked much better in a group situation than in a solo or 1 v 2 situation. It does require Rank 6 though.

It did a decent job of heal debuffing with fell blades of course and a servicable job of mana draining although it took longer than a VK or Dom for sure. The DPS seemed to be lackluster to me but that could be improved by dropping down to 32 NB and going 13 in Bladedancer. Using Deadly Strike against non casters and high damage mages to bump up your deeps while keeping the mana burn finisher for clerics and chloro types. You also gain a chance to interrupt spells with all finishers in that build as a bonus and unlimited stealth. Prefer a Sin though personally.

i used to play assassin first, then switched to marksman and now i am really enjoying the Nightblade, 44NB/22ASSA at the moment, just not sure if i should switch pts from assassin to Inf? There is perma stealth in the inf tree too, the dps increase should be compareable, but the assassin has a couple nice tricks as well, what do you guys think? Hard to give up on 44 NB once you get used to his defensive CDs, specially Black Out.

Which other 44NB spec is fun to try out? Inf? Inf + Ranger? Bladedancer?

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    i used to play assassin first, then switched to marksman and now i am really enjoying the Nightblade, 44NB/22ASSA at the moment, just not sure if i should switch pts from assassin to Inf? There is perma stealth in the inf tree too, the dps increase should be compareable, but the assassin has a couple nice tricks as well, what do you guys think? Hard to give up on 44 NB once you get used to his defensive CDs, specially Black Out.

Which other 44NB spec is fun to try out? Inf? Inf + Ranger? Bladedancer?

NB and RS can be a lot of fun, rift jumping behind your opponent and giving yourself a damage shield make you even harder to kill and lock down. Damage is down a little, but you can be creative with the RS tree to get suck a little more damage out of it.

Plane Touched

I run 44 NB, 20 Inf, 2 MM (pvp).
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hz.g0dVuoRRMdz
    With 44 NB, i have 3 immunity skills+fell blade. It is amazing for surviving and killing hybrid healers.
    I take 20 inf for break free (the must-have skill to deal with sin), cleanse to deal with mages, anathema (another tool to deal with healers), and permanent stealth (since NB is not aoe friendly, i would like to use permanent stealth to pick the right target at the right time)
    Lastly, 2 MM, the reason i choose MM over Ranger is the speed buffs of Swift Shot and Haste Shot. These will help to deal with kiters, and run away from danger also.
    Last edited by SlientShadow; 07-28-2011 at 04:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread